Emodin Even Rescues Fish From Oxidized Fish Oil

aguilaroja

If emodin protects fish from rancid fish oil, think of the benefit for mammals.
Maybe @haidut has a new audience for Lapodin

Emodin ameliorates metabolic and antioxidant capacity inhibited by dietary oxidized fish oil through PPARs and Nrf2-Keap1 signaling in Wuchang brea... - PubMed - NCBI
"A 12-week rearing experiment with 6% fish oil (6F), 6% oxidized fish oil (6OF) and emodin supplemented diets (6F + E, 6OF + E) was conducted to evaluate the protective mechanism of emodin on oxidized fish oil stress in Megalobrama amblycephala. ..., under oxidized fish oil stress, emodin rescued the growth performance inhibition, improved special growth ratio (SGR), and reduced feed conversion ratio (FCR) and hepatosomatic index (HSI); rescued intestine histological impairment, ameliorated the structural expansion and membrane damage of mitochondria in intestine cells, and increased the length and intensity of intestinal villus."
"emodin could be used as an effective immunostimulant to protect organism form oxidative stress induced by dietary oxidized lipid."

yerrag

reduced feed conversion ratio (FCR)
This is interesting, as we very well know farm-raised fish are grown on feed that increases the FCR. Does this mean we're eating fast growing but sick fish when we eat farm-raised fish like salmon, tilapia, and cream dory?

Raising koi, I noticed all my koi died by year 8, despite good husbandry. I raised them to grow fast, and perhaps that was a mistake. As these fish could live to as long as 50 years.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals