EEG Machine

dookie

Does anyone own one of those EEG readers or machines?

It's a big thing in "bio-hacking" circles. Apparently you can train yourself to meditate better. And I'm guessing you could easily see how any supplements and dietary changes affect brain waves.

Where's a good place to get one?

OP
D

dookie

Bump. Is there any portable device that works well? I've seen one that claims it connects to your smartphone to show the EEG data in real time

yerrag

Interesting. Please share some links.

L

lollipop

The one from Heartmath seems to be reliable. I used it years ago and they have only made improvements since I used it.

artlange

I have a Muse EEG headset and iPhone app. I used it each day for a few months. About 4 months ago, I started to revise my diet to a Peat low PUFA diet. I used it with a heart rate monitor (Polar H7) and the sweet beat app on my 5s. I got out of the Muse meditation daily habit after I learned to relax by take long exhales which seem to greatly increase my "relaxing EEG" signals. Now that I have been practicing slow breathing and occasional bag breathing, perhaps it is now time to take the Muse out again.

OP
D

dookie

@lisaferraro - Isnt' that an EKG?

@yerrag . @artlange - I saw something which resembles that MUSE EEG. But it seems that for accuracy, you want as many "channels" as possible, so you want lots of those small electrodes attached to as many parts of your head as possible. Those iPhone/Smartphone EEGs seem to be just measuring a limited brain region

L

lollipop

@yerrag . @artlange - I saw something which resembles that MUSE EEG. But it seems that for accuracy, you want as many "channels" as possible, so you want lots of those small electrodes attached to as many parts of your head as possible. Those iPhone/Smartphone EEGs seem to be just measuring a limited brain region
Could be @dookie. I used it to measure heart rate variability.

artlange

@dookie the EEG machine you choose will depend upon your goal. Once you have a goal, then the appropriate EEG machine will be obvious.

yerrag

It would be nice to have those that can match the capability of EEGs in those hospitals. Hospital neurologists interpret these scans in very biased ways, to suit the medication-happy business of big pharma. I'm pretty sure a knowledgeable Peatarian could give an invaluable and true second opinion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals