Different Brain Regions Are Infected With Fungi In Alzheimer’s Disease

nograde

http://www.nature.com/articles/srep15015

Different brain regions including external frontal cortex, cerebellar hemisphere, entorhinal cortex/hippocampus and choroid plexus contain fungal material, which is absent in brain tissue from control individuals. Analysis of brain sections from ten additional AD patients reveals that all are infected with fungi. Fungal infection is also observed in blood vessels, which may explain the vascular pathology frequently detected in AD patients.

tara

Does this peak to lifetime systemic pH being relevant for protecting against the fungii?

Ideonaut

nograde said:
post 104558 Fungal infection is also observed in blood vessels, which may explain the vascular pathology frequently detected in AD patients.
Great. What, if any, is the Peat recommended treatment for fungus, including of the toenail? I've read that toenail fungus can get into the ears of elderly and cause hearing problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandonk

nograde said:
post 104558 http://www.nature.com/articles/srep15015

Different brain regions including external frontal cortex, cerebellar hemisphere, entorhinal cortex/hippocampus and choroid plexus contain fungal material, which is absent in brain tissue from control individuals. Analysis of brain sections from ten additional AD patients reveals that all are infected with fungi. Fungal infection is also observed in blood vessels, which may explain the vascular pathology frequently detected in AD patients.
Based on this, it would seem that "therapeutic" doses of Progest-E might prevent or even reverse Alzheimer's Disease.

I say this because I believe Ray Peat would associate fungal overgrowth with a high level of estrogen and hypothyroidism.

And I think Ray Peat has mentioned that quite large, therapeutic doses of Progest-E can be taken safely throughout the day, as long has you don't develop hyper-thyroid symptoms (perhaps as a result of having goiter).

It may require a combination with something that could effectively filter from the gut (such as charcoal) all the estrogen that would be flushed out of the tissue by the progesterone, along with Ray Peat's T3/fruit sugar idea for hypothyroidism.

Next up AIDS is a fungus disease because patients suffer from Candida...

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
post 104839 Next up AIDS is a fungus disease because patients suffer from Candida...

I was just reading this
and it was like a lightbulb went off directly over my head.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom