Comprehensive Blood Labs After A Year Of Peating

tfcjesse

Just got lab results back. Had some tests taken specifically for use with the PFS thread and hair loss (took finasteride a few years back for ~1 year. For a bit over a year I've been drinking milk, eating cheese, eggs, some red meat, increased sugar intake, low PUFA.

Bolded are tests out of range

Total Cholesterol - 229 (normal 125-200)
HDL Cholesterol - 56 (normal >40)
LDL Cholesterol - 159 (normal <130)
Non HDL Cholesterol - 173

Glucose - 85
Potassium - 4.1
Carbon Dioxide - 27
Parathyroid Hormone, intact - 37 (normal 14-64 pg/mL)

TSH - 2.0
T4 total - 7.8
T4, free - 1.2
T3, free - 3.1
T3 , reverse - 16

Serotonin, whole blood - 103 (normal 56-244 ng/mL)
Serotonin, serum - 85 (normal 56-244 ng/mL)

Testosterone, free - 113.9
Testosterone, total - 984
DHT - 51
Progesterone - 0.6
Prolactin - 9.5
Estradiol - 46 (normal <39 pg/mL)

White blood cell count 3.5 (normal 3.8-10.8 thousand/uL)

Any advice? I'm 25, male, in shape. Going to cut out most of the diary and try to lower estrogen...

artlange

cut dairy? where's the Ca going to come from?
Estrogen in the blood comes from many shampoos, fragrances, soaps, skin creams, and laundry detergents) also MJ is estrogenic.
Progesterone supplement, like Progest-E, a few drops per day is anti-estrogen.

tara

Did you have any labs from before you switched diet so you can compare and see whether/which way changes went?

When yo say increased sugar, do you mean pure refined sucrose, or food like fruit etc with minerals in it? Approx calories? Have you estimated mineral intake, eg potassium and Mg?

Do you feel well?

OP
T

tfcjesse

Did you have any labs from before you switched diet so you can compare and see whether/which way changes went?

When yo say increased sugar, do you mean pure refined sucrose, or food like fruit etc with minerals in it? Approx calories? Have you estimated mineral intake, eg potassium and Mg?

Do you feel well?

I have labs from before I started peating, I could post them if you're interested. Free T, Total T went up. Estradiol went up (was already near upper limit though).

LDL went up, also total cholesterol. Which makes sense, when I eat milk, cheese, eggs, beef everyday...Haven't really dialed in K/Mg intake. As of yesterday I'm cutting down to just a bit of milk in my coffee, maybe some cheese, but no other dairy.

I feel decent. Energy levels could be better, and I notice my eyebrows getting lighter/less dense.

Peat has said this is one of the important number and yours is good.

I'm not sure how accurate estradiol serum levels are.

Do you feel that you have an estrogen problem?

Haven't read anything on Albumin.

You have a point about the accuracy of the estradiol test. I've had it tested 3 times over a year, and it's been ~36, ~25, and 46 most recently. I've had puffy nipples which developed when I was 16-17 and haven't gone away.

tara

Haven't really dialed in K/Mg intake. As of yesterday I'm cutting down to just a bit of milk in my coffee, maybe some cheese, but no other dairy.
If your reference to sugar means refined stuff without minerals, I think this could be an area to take a look at, esp. if you are not having much milk. One way to get an estimate of how much of the minerals etc you are getting is something like cronometer (don't trust it's calorie recommendations though, they tend to be restrictive and low).

I don't need the lab numbers, just that the trends give you information.
Tsh is a bit high...
+ thinning eyebrows suggests lowish thyroid - monitoring body temps would be another metric to monitor this on a more regular basis, and maintenance calories are another indicator (if you are old enough that weight stability is reasonable).

Mito

You have a point about the accuracy of the estradiol test. I've had it tested 3 times over a year, and it's been ~36, ~25, and 46 most recently.
Ray has said that if you're supplementing with progesterone, the progesterone will knock out the estrogen binding protein liberating the estrogen into the blood stream. He said blood testing for estrogen is meaningful if using progesterone.

Eric Yim

I have labs from before I started peating, I could post them if you're interested. Free T, Total T went up. Estradiol went up (was already near upper limit though).

LDL went up, also total cholesterol. Which makes sense, when I eat milk, cheese, eggs, beef everyday...Haven't really dialed in K/Mg intake. As of yesterday I'm cutting down to just a bit of milk in my coffee, maybe some cheese, but no other dairy.

I feel decent. Energy levels could be better, and I notice my eyebrows getting lighter/less dense.

Haven't read anything on Albumin.

You have a point about the accuracy of the estradiol test. I've had it tested 3 times over a year, and it's been ~36, ~25, and 46 most recently. I've had puffy nipples which developed when I was 16-17 and haven't gone away.
Total aromatisation increased it seems

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals