Cold Thermogenesis, Omega 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of Jack Kruse's articles?

Besides being a paleo-guy, he claims you can overdrive your metabolism by getting used to extreme cold. He thinks it basically involves increase of brown fat activity, and that you really need those omega 3's in your skin to do it.

Also, that DHA is the only thing that the brain can use as the kind of "quantum transistor" needed for proper functioning. Is it true that the mother can synthesize unsaturated fats for the fetus, if none are available?

I have tried one gram of fish oil the other day, and I still feel ill. Any input is appreciated.

jyb

Cold shower, fasting, early morning jogging, lights out when its dark outside, green toxins in vegetables at small dose... Those are all variants of the idea that a bit of stress is good, the idea that you need to activate your survival skills. In light of RP's articles, bringing about those stresses makes no sense as the average hypothyroid individual is already overwhelmed with stress. When the body is in survival mode, it shuts down the thyroid and eats itself for survival. In addition, those stresses are not small, they're pretty massive ones and to recover you probably need to do the exact opposite.

Maybe people like Jack Kruse do well fuelled by stress, one can live on it. I did too without realizing I was driven by stress all my life, but at some point too much has been used up, hypothyroid symptoms gets worse and major repair is needed, hence why I'm here.

OP
S
It does seem like the "adrenergic receptors" are crucial for this effect. Well, too bad I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals