Do I Need Fat?

whit

Exactly A,D,E, and K.
Fat is crucial for digestion of these and more.
Is your digestion good on low fat?
There are advantages to a fat-free diet.

I eat about 2-4 grams of fat per day.

Disadvantages of a fat-free diet include loss of libido and markers of inflammation. Mead acid is anti inflammatory so there's that as well.

Please share your experience on Jack Kruse's protocol. He's very interesting in his theories.

I'm also interested in the Jack Kruse experience.

DaveFoster

Exactly A,D,E, and K.
Fat is crucial for digestion of these and more.
Is your digestion good on low fat?

I'm also interested in the Jack Kruse experience.
Well, I have diarrhea and nosebleeds daily if that's what your asking.

whit

Environmental toxins like mycotoxin can cause both issues.
Have you tried activated charcoal?
Does red light have good effect for you?

T

tca300

Well, I have diarrhea and nosebleeds daily if that's what your asking.
Adding sugar to a diet of milk and OJ probably isn't in your best interests. Your nose bleeds are most likely from B vitamin deficiencies. I use to do what your doing but after a while didn't feel like it was supporting my system. And remember if your system is stressed from previous damage, estrogen can cause PUFA to be liberated instead of safe saturated fats. Having highly saturated fats in the diet even in small quantities are highly Protective.

DaveFoster

Environmental toxins like mycotoxin can cause both issues.
Have you tried activated charcoal?
Does red light have good effect for you?
That's very good to know. I take a lot of supplements, so some are likely impure. It's still a net gain for me.

I've been wanting to try red light with these bulbs: 714025 :: Specialty :: Light Bulbs :: MrSupply.com

I can't find a socket, and their customer support is awful.

Haven't tried charcoal; I hear it can interfere with nutrient absorption. On a 9000 calorie diet, that can be a problem.

Adding sugar to a diet of milk and OJ probably isn't in your best interests. Your nose bleeds are most likely from B vitamin deficiencies. I use to do what your doing but after a while didn't feel like it was supporting my system. And remember if your system is stressed from previous damage, estrogen can cause PUFA to be liberated instead of safe saturated fats. Having highly saturated fats in the diet even in small quantities are highly Protective.
I take a lot of B-vitamins. More than any one on the forum to my knowledge.

It might have to do with the 5 grams of aspirin.

I will be adding in coconut oil; about 12 TBSP or so.

T

tca300

That's very good to know. I take a lot of supplements, so some are likely impure. It's still a net gain for me.

I've been wanting to try red light with these bulbs: 714025 :: Specialty :: Light Bulbs :: MrSupply.com

I can't find a socket, and their customer support is awful.

Haven't tried charcoal; I hear it can interfere with nutrient absorption. On a 9000 calorie diet, that can be a problem.

I take a lot of B-vitamins. More than any one on the forum to my knowledge.

I will be adding in coconut oil; about 12 TBSP or so.
Why would you take 5 grams of asprin? Do you have cancer?
12 TBSP!?! Why??

DaveFoster

Why would you take 5 grams of asprin? Do you have cancer?
12 TBSP!?! Why??
Well, the way I look at it, I won't get cancer this way.

12 TBSP because that's about 1 g fat/lb of lean body mass.

superhuman

Thats why you get nosebleeds.
RP told me 1 gram aspirin a day is the highest he would go, if he did have cancer or other serious stuff he would use higher. He also said with 1g aspirin a day its important to use K2. K2 wll usually stop nosebleeds but you have to take it with some fat if not it want absorb proparly i think

BobbyDukes

Well, the way I look at it, I won't get cancer this way.

12 TBSP because that's about 1 g fat/lb of lean body mass.

I would be weary of putting your foot down on the gas too much, Dave. Your doing a lot of stuff there that is ramming metabolism to its limits, yet your delicate human body is sick, and most probably not able to handle such an onslaught (would any shaky metabolism?). Being young, you might be able to handle it. What do I know (but I am assuming you are sick, if you are here?).

I thought your Gatorade post was a joke initially (I actually LOL'd), but then I read on, and realised that you aren't joking about any of it. You're certainly one of a kind, Dave.

DaveFoster

how much ornage juice daily , have you ruled out that one for the diarrhea?
That could be it. I'm going to be cutting out the orange juice soon anyway. I eat about 1,320 calories or so of OJ/day.

Thats why you get nosebleeds.
RP told me 1 gram aspirin a day is the highest he would go, if he did have cancer or other serious stuff he would use higher. He also said with 1g aspirin a day its important to use K2. K2 wll usually stop nosebleeds but you have to take it with some fat if not it want absorb proparly i think
30 mg of K2 per day, but I do agree that 5 grams is too much. This is only a recent thing; I'll drop it down to 2 grams.

I would be weary of putting your foot down on the gas too much, Dave. Your doing a lot of stuff there that is ramming metabolism to its limits, yet your delicate human body is sick, and most probably not able to handle such an onslaught (would any shaky metabolism?). Being young, you might be able to handle it. What do I know (but I am assuming you are sick, if you are here?).

I thought your Gatorade post was a joke initially (I actually LOL'd), but then I read on, and realised that you aren't joking about any of it. You're certainly one of a kind, Dave.
Thanks Mr. Dukes. I just do my own thing. I'm not sick, but I'm estrogen dominant, so I'm trying to reverse that. I'm going to be an endocrinologist so I'll be dealing with this stuff my whole life.

milk_lover

Saturated fat is extremely satisfying! I don't know how people can live without its pleasuring effect. Whole milk is superior to skim milk or low-fat milk if you aren't too worried about your weight. The taste of it cold is like drinking from a milk river in paradise.

whit

Haven't tried charcoal; I hear it can interfe
e with nutrient absorption. On a 9000 calorie diet, that can be a problem

Charcoal can interfere with absorption of positively charged compounds. That's kinda the point though.
If you take it away from supplements or meals there's little interaction.
If one is going out to eat or drink at a questionable establishment the bad stuff gets caught up in the charcoal.
It can also be a great help when the gut is moving too fast. It works similarly to raw carrot salad.

As for your lighting issues. Brookstone store used to have a universal plug kit for travelers
Audio Electronics, Digital Photo, iPod Accessories

whit

Saturated fat is extremely satisfying! I don't know how people can live without its pleasuring effect. Whole milk is superior to skim milk or low-fat milk if you aren't too worried about your weight. The taste of it cold is like drinking from a milk river in paradise.
Love It too.
Mmmm Tasty paradise;)

stargazer1111

I don't think anyone's ever laid out a strong case for going low fat. Low carb is dumb, but if there are good reasons to not get a substantial fraction of calories from milk fat or coconut oil I've not seen them argued well.

Just go by taste. I tried going low fat and had great difficulty feeling sated after meals. I'd wind up snacking, which is an annoying distraction. I returned to putting quite a lot of butter on potatoes and vegetables and it is obviously better. With plenty of fat I also find it far easier to stick to three squares and a snack, which makes portion control easier.

Walter Kempner laid out a pretty good case for it.

jaminhealth

Our brains sure do and it's no wonder so many today are in homes for dementia and alzheimers and have been pushed statins down their throats to get rid of the much needed cholesterol. Duh....leave it to pharma. $$$$

stargazer1111

Our brains sure do and it's no wonder so many today are in homes for dementia and alzheimers and have been pushed statins down their throats to get rid of the much needed cholesterol. Duh....leave it to pharma. $$$$

All the analyses I've looked show that fat, particularly saturated fat, has been steady in the diet for decades.

Many populations thrive on extremely low fat intakes with relatively low rates of degenerative diseases. The Papua New Guinea traditional diet for instance is at about 3% of calories as fat. So, I'm not convinced that low-fat diets lead to brain degeneration.

jaminhealth

All the analyses I've looked show that fat, particularly saturated fat, has been steady in the diet for decades.

Many populations thrive on extremely low fat intakes with relatively low rates of degenerative diseases. The Papua New Guinea traditional diet for instance is at about 3% of calories as fat. So, I'm not convinced that low-fat diets lead to brain degeneration.

Believe what you choose, I believe some good fats are necessary...My folks ate them and their generation and lived into 90's...

stargazer1111

Believe what you choose, I believe some good fats are necessary...My folks ate them and their generation and lived into 90's...

Yes. I choose to base my beliefs on evidence rather than anecdotes.

The fact that some people ate a higher fat diet and didn't degenerate is not evidence against the many large populations thriving on extreme low-fat with virtually no brain degeneration. It just means that the human body is widely adaptable.

tara

Walter Kempner laid out a pretty good case for it.
AIUI, Kempner's plan worked really well for some people as an intervention to deal with severe conditions. But it didn't work at all for some of the subjects, and being a good remedy isn't the same as being ideal for all healthy people. He did not demonstrate that extremely low fat diets were ideal for everyone.
The Papua New Guinea traditional diet for instance is at about 3% of calories as fat.
I thought coconut was one of the traditional staples in PNG, along with root crops?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom