Omega 3 can promote fat gain by inhibiting brown fat synthesis

Hans

Forum Supporter
The creation of brown fat for boosting uncoupling and energy expenditure is a dominant part of research looking to promote fat loss.
Even a very small amount of brown fat can significantly increase energy expenditure. Omega 3 has been shown to inhibit this process.

"Cells treated with n-3 PUFAs had significantly less (P < 0.05) expression of the brown adipocyte marker genes PGC1α, DIO2, and UCP3. Expression of mitochondrial biogenesis-related genes TFAM, PGC1α, and PGC1β were significantly downregulated (P < 0.05) by n-3 PUFAs treatment. Expression of mitochondrial electron transportation chain (ETC)-regulated genes were significantly inhibited (P < 0.05) by n-3 PUFAs, including ATP5J2, COX7a1, and COX8b. Mass spectrometric and western blot evaluation showed protein levels of enzymes which regulate the ETC and Krebs cycle, including ATP synthase α and β (F1F0 complex), citrate synthase, succinate CO-A ligase, succinate dehydrogenase (complex II), ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase complex subunits (complex III), aconitate hydratase, cytochrome c, and pyruvate carboxylase were all decreased in the n-3 PUFAs group (P < 0.05). Genomic and proteomic changes were accompanied by mitochondrial dysfunction, represented by significantly reduced oxygen consumption rate, ATP production, and proton leak (P < 0.05). This study suggested that EPA and DHA may alter the BAT fate of myoblasts by inhibiting mitochondrial biogenesis and activity and induce white-like adipogenesis, shifting the metabolism from lipid oxidation to synthesis." (R)

AndrogenicJB

The creation of brown fat for boosting uncoupling and energy expenditure is a dominant part of research looking to promote fat loss.
Even a very small amount of brown fat can significantly increase energy expenditure. Omega 3 has been shown to inhibit this process.

"Cells treated with n-3 PUFAs had significantly less (P < 0.05) expression of the brown adipocyte marker genes PGC1α, DIO2, and UCP3. Expression of mitochondrial biogenesis-related genes TFAM, PGC1α, and PGC1β were significantly downregulated (P < 0.05) by n-3 PUFAs treatment. Expression of mitochondrial electron transportation chain (ETC)-regulated genes were significantly inhibited (P < 0.05) by n-3 PUFAs, including ATP5J2, COX7a1, and COX8b. Mass spectrometric and western blot evaluation showed protein levels of enzymes which regulate the ETC and Krebs cycle, including ATP synthase α and β (F1F0 complex), citrate synthase, succinate CO-A ligase, succinate dehydrogenase (complex II), ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase complex subunits (complex III), aconitate hydratase, cytochrome c, and pyruvate carboxylase were all decreased in the n-3 PUFAs group (P < 0.05). Genomic and proteomic changes were accompanied by mitochondrial dysfunction, represented by significantly reduced oxygen consumption rate, ATP production, and proton leak (P < 0.05). This study suggested that EPA and DHA may alter the BAT fate of myoblasts by inhibiting mitochondrial biogenesis and activity and induce white-like adipogenesis, shifting the metabolism from lipid oxidation to synthesis." (R)
Eating seafoods like tuna, sardines, lean fish etc seems to put more lean muscle on me and less fat than anything else dont know why, possibly nutrient density. In my opinion fish is one of the best protei sources espeially if its lean.

Cloudhands

Do you see there being an optimum level of intake? Like excess is harmful but is there a certain threshold that youd intake to avoid deficiency?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Eating seafoods like tuna, sardines, lean fish etc seems to put more lean muscle on me and less fat than anything else dont know why, possibly nutrient density. In my opinion fish is one of the best protei sources espeially if its lean.
Yeah man, fish/shellfish protein is amazing. It contains many potent peptides that have insulin-sensitizing, anti-inflammatory, etc., properties.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you see there being an optimum level of intake? Like excess is harmful but is there a certain threshold that youd intake to avoid deficiency?
Not really no. If you're going to eat sea food here and there you'll be consuming some, but accumulation occurs in a dose-dependent manner. I'm actually doing an article on omega 3 atm and it should be out in a few weeks.

AndrogenicJB

Yeah man, fish/shellfish protein is amazing. It contains many potent peptides that have insulin-sensitizing, anti-inflammatory, etc., properties.
I had farmed mussels yesterday and I think it may have caused spot flare ups under my eyes. Do you now why that may be? They have a incredible nutrient profile and it would be great if I could figure it why I experienced such a reaction. Do you think it was because they were farmed or not?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I had farmed mussels yesterday and I think it may have caused spot flare ups under my eyes. Do you now why that may be? They have a incredible nutrient profile and it would be great if I could figure it why I experienced such a reaction. Do you think it was because they were farmed or not?
Like the areas under your eyes darkened? That's usually related to an allergic reaction or an immune response.

AndrogenicJB

Like the areas under your eyes darkened? That's usually related to an allergic reaction or an immune response.
Yes exactly that, what is the best alternative to mussels with a similar nutrient density that I can eat on a daily basis or every other day for protein and nutrients? At the moment I'm thinking wild-caught salmon taken with some vitamin e but maybe there are cheaper options.

Cloudhands

Yes exactly that, what is the best alternative to mussels with a similar nutrient density that I can eat on a daily basis or every other day for protein and nutrients? At the moment I'm thinking wild-caught salmon taken with some vitamin e but maybe there are cheaper options.
I was in really good shape when i was eating a lb of cod daily

AndrogenicJB

I was in really good shape when i was eating a lb of cod
I was in really good shape when i was eating a lb of cod daily
Yes I certainly believe that fish protein tends to work really well for me but I eat enough fish for the protein like tuna/sardines/hake I need a seafood with a strong nutrient density that I can eat frequently that wont cause allergic reactions. I rarely ever get allergic reactions. I checked cod on cronometer and it didnt look amazingly nutritious.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Mussels are mainly high in manganese (or at least that's why I eat them), but you can rather have pineapple juice and maple syrup for manganese. Oysters and organ meat are much more nutrient dense than mussels.

AndrogenicJB

Mussels are mainly high in manganese (or at least that's why I eat them), but you can rather have pineapple juice and maple syrup for manganese. Oysters and organ meat are much more nutrient dense than mussels.
what type of oysters do you suppose I get? Farmed, wild? I want to avoid the ones that could contain contaminents. Thanks Hans. Watched your video on lactate btw, enjoyed it.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
what type of oysters do you suppose I get? Farmed, wild? I want to avoid the ones that could contain contaminents. Thanks Hans. Watched your video on lactate btw, enjoyed it.
Glad you enjoyed it. ?
I get mine freshly harvested from the ocean (in a sort of farm though), delivered the same day. I can definitely feel a big difference between fresh and canned oysters. I feel nothing from canned oysters but a good libido boost from fresh ones.
So get fresh ones if possible.