CD38 Dictates Age-Related NAD Decline and Mitochondrial Dysfunction through an SIRT3-Dependent Mechanism

Hey, what's going on CD & NAD crew? :D
So I was checking out YouTube recently and came across a few videos which I'll post below. Let me know if you think these 2 YouTubers checked out this thread and the other systems approach thread a few posts above this? (video dates were uploaded after the last post Aug 4/23).
I think they read it.

1)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdVAlQP0i_8

-Some of those pictures/graphics in the video are from this thread.

2)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wFR_3En274

-Interviews the beautiful woman who was discussed in the systems approach thread.
-Put's "insane energy" in the title lol.

Well Mr Boost Your Biology, aka: Lokzo aka: Lucas. I got something Insane for you, this whole forum, and the beautiful Nichola Conlon!
It's called: Time+1000 (most ingredients are purchased separately from any brand you like)
-Get a b complex vitamin. I like mine with 50mg in b1,b2,b3 and a lower dose in all other b's like 5mg or so, or get whatever you like. Or use a multi vitamin & mineral instead of the b complex as they also have a b complex in it.
-Add in an extra 500mg niacinamide capsule
-500mg flush or no flush niacin, whatever one you like.
-alpha lipoic acid 50mg-300mg
-Choline 100-500mg or TMG (trimethylglycine 500-1500mg), or can do a few grams of lecithin, or a few whole eggs.
-You can put up to 1tbsp dried parsley on your food with the pills you are going to take or leave it out. Even a small pinch of dried parsley is good.
-Egcg 50mg-400mg (You can put this in a empty capsule with the other 2 mentioned below if you like low dose of them)
-Rutin or quercetin 50-500mg
-Grape seed extract 25mg-200mg

Bonus ideas: 2g-5 grams of creatine in a 20g-50g protein shake with the meal as this will act as a methyl donor and also the tryptophan can be converted to NAD from the kynurenine pathway. Some of the other amino acids are important for various cycles & pathways going on here. Or just do a meat, eggs, and veggies meal to get the choline & creatine part covered. No need for a protein drink with this, unless you want to. Many options.
Other flavonoids & plant extracts are worth checking out as many are good. I've heard/read of people lowering their iron levels with too many of those types of extracts in a day, so just be cautious about using too many of them.
Take it with a meal. I don't know how this will react with you and consult a doctor before trying anything like this. Many people reading this will be 100lb-300+lbs, so adjust the product amount accordingly so you don't go too insane.

Last edited:

Ismail

So I was checking out YouTube recently and came across a few videos which I'll post below. Let me know if you think these 2 YouTubers checked out this thread and the other systems approach thread a few posts above this? (video dates were uploaded after the last post Aug 4/23).
I think they read it.

1)

2)

-Interviews the beautiful woman who was discussed in the systems approach thread.

Well Mr Boost Your Biology, aka: Lokzo aka: Lucas. I got something Insane for you, this whole forum, and the beautiful Nichola Conlon!
It's called: Time+1000 (most ingredients are purchased separately from any brand you like)
-Get a b complex vitamin. I like mine with 50mg in b1,b2,b3 and a lower dose in all other b's like 5mg or so, or get whatever you like. Or use a multi vitamin & mineral instead of the b complex as they also have a b complex in it.
-Choline 100-500mg or TMG (trimethylglycine 500-1500mg), or can do a few grams of lecithin, or a few whole eggs.
-You can put up to 1tbsp dried parsley on your food with the pills you are going to take or leave it out. Even a small pinch of dried parsley is good.
-Egcg 50mg-400mg (You can put this in a empty capsule with the other 2 mentioned below if you like low dose of them)

Bonus ideas: 2g-5 grams of creatine in a 20g-50g protein shake with the meal as this will act as a methyl donor and also the tryptophan can be converted to NAD from the kynurenine pathway. Some of the other amino acids are important for various cycles & pathways going on here. Or just do a meat, eggs, and veggies meal to get the choline & creatine part covered. No need for a protein drink with this, unless you want to. Many options.
Other flavonoids & plant extracts are worth checking out as many are good. I've heard/read of people lowering their iron levels with too many of those types of extracts in a day, so just be cautious about using too many of them.
Take it with a meal. I don't know how this will react with you and consult a doctor before trying anything like this. Many people reading this will be 100lb-300+lbs, so adjust the product amount accordingly so you don't go too insane.

Have you checked her product
I think they read it.

1)

2)

Funnily enough I watched both those videos a couple of days back and did think that maybe Siim might’ve read it here.

I also found Nichola’s supplement quite interesting, and the interview by @Lokzo was really good!

Tempted to purchase that supplement as everything is in “one place”.

Thanks for posting these nevertheless, good to have them “documented” here.

area51puy

Forum Supporter

Funnily enough I watched both those videos a couple of days back and did think that maybe Siim might’ve read it here.

I also found Nichola’s supplement quite interesting, and the interview by @Lokzo was really good!

View: https://youtu.be/0l-OhJqIdqU?si=iBLAKFOfIfR9obtQ
he did a video with lokzo and Could be a lurker. I know he has been talking about glycine a lot lately and I know he has done some videos with Dr Mercola so he is probably aware of peats work with all of Dr Mercola interviews with haidut lately.

Yes, I have checked it out visually but never tried it personally. Her product was mentioned in the systems approach thread from the 2nd link in the OP.
However, one has to read a few of the pages on that site to see it links to her company, Nuchido.
Which is why the Time+1000 is very similar to her product. As she has mentioned before that she is limited on various ingredients/laws with her product such as the amount of EGCG per serving, and apigenin extract is not legal in all countries.
I was also thinking it might be interesting for her to look into a powdered product to get product in per serving and add other stuff into it she might think has benefit.
I don't know how hard it would be to do something like that can have it mix up properly.

That is funny you were thinking the same thing.
Yes, good interview indeed. Lokzo has a lot of good videos. Nichola has a lot of good videos on YouTube also if anyone wants to search.
Yeah the everything in one place is a good feature for sure. Also helps support her company & work.

he did a video with lokzo and Could be a lurker. I know he has been talking about glycine a lot lately and I know he has done some videos with Dr Mercola so he is probably aware of peats work with all of Dr Mercola interviews with haidut lately.
Good find, that makes more sense.

Ismail

Yeh makes sense bud 👌

Ismail

As she has mentioned before that she is limited on various ingredients/laws with her product such as the amount of EGCG per serving, and apigenin extract is not legal in all countries.
Where did she mention this bud?

Is it fair to surmise that she would use larger quantities of some of those ingredients if she was permitted to do so?

Where did she mention this bud?

Is it fair to surmise that she would use larger quantities of some of those ingredients if she was permitted to do so?
I forget which interviews she said this on as there are a lot of them on YouTube.
But I recall she said something with those 2 ingredients in a few different ones which caught my attention as I was binge watcher her videos a while ago.
So, I am not 100% sure in what I said but there was something up with egcg (amount limit on per serving size or daily allowance limit/rda??) and apigenin(extract not allowed in some countries, so they use parsley leaf powder or bioavilabity issues with apigenin, and parsley powder is better absorbed... I am not sure which one).
But I think apigenin is bioavilable as I "felt" the effects at 50mg...however, it was could have been building up over time but the night I really noticed a change I just did 50mg before sleep.
That's a hard question. I think her product is good for most people. But as you probably know, there are anti aging people doing much more niacin/niacinamide/nr/nmn etc products than the 500mg in time+ product. As well as people doing much bigger dosages with dried parsley, and apigenin 500mg or so.
I think the cheapest way to do it would be dried parsley (probably 1 to 2+ tbsp), drink some green tea, and niacinamide 250mg-500mg (or just use a b complex with 25mg to 100mg size), with a meat/egg/vegetable meal... maybe could add 1 separate supplement: either rutin or quercetin.
Hopefully that helps answer your questions.

Ismail

I forget which interviews she said this on as there are a lot of them on YouTube.
But I recall she said something with those 2 ingredients in a few different ones which caught my attention as I was binge watcher her videos a while ago.
So, I am not 100% sure in what I said but there was something up with egcg (amount limit on per serving size or daily allowance limit/rda??) and apigenin(extract not allowed in some countries, so they use parsley leaf powder or bioavilabity issues with apigenin, and parsley powder is better absorbed... I am not sure which one).
But I think apigenin is bioavilable as I "felt" the effects at 50mg...however, it was could have been building up over time but the night I really noticed a change I just did 50mg before sleep.
That's a hard question. I think her product is good for most people. But as you probably know, there are anti aging people doing much more niacin/niacinamide/nr/nmn etc products than the 500mg in time+ product. As well as people doing much bigger dosages with dried parsley, and apigenin 500mg or so.
I think the cheapest way to do it would be dried parsley (probably 1 to 2+ tbsp), drink some green tea, and niacinamide 250mg-500mg (or just use a b complex with 25mg to 100mg size), with a meat/egg/vegetable meal... maybe could add 1 separate supplement: either rutin or quercetin.
Hopefully that helps answer your questions.

Thanks buddy, really appreciate you taking time to answer my questions 🙏

I’m just a little confused as to whether I should go down the route of buying my ingredients individually (eg from donotage.org) and choosing NMN over nicotinamide - just want to get the most effective supplement.

Nichola’s video with @Lokzo was extremely beneficial, and she seems genuine (somewhat), might have to take the plunge and try something 🙄😬🙊

OP
David PS

David PS

Nichola’s video with @Lokzo was extremely beneficial, and she seems genuine (somewhat), might have to take the plunge and try something 🙄😬🙊
I have watched 2 or 3 videos of Nichola. In each video she stated that you only need to take her company's supplement for a short time (I forget the length of time) to achieve good results and that we should not tell her stockholders (or something like that). After the 3rd time I heard the same wording, I decided it was scripted into her interview. I did not bother to watch this one

Thanks buddy, really appreciate you taking time to answer my questions 🙏

I’m just a little confused as to whether I should go down the route of buying my ingredients individually (eg from donotage.org) and choosing NMN over nicotinamide - just want to get the most effective supplement.

Right on. Lol yeah it can be confusing. Well, there is Dr. Conlon for niacinamide, Dr. Brenner for NR, and Dr. Sinclair for NMN. I've never used donotage.org.
But all those Drs products are $$$. Actually I just remembered Dr. Hoffer for Niacin. He is cheapest to follow.
However, I think niacinamide and nicain(flush or not) is a great choice and cost effective. Hoffer has said good things about those 3 as well in an older interview (niacin flush, niacin no flush, and niacinamide).
Dr Lustgarten has been doing various NAD tests on various products and his niacin flush (67) did better than NMN (39). Niacin dose was lower, and it's much cheaper.
I have not seen NAD results for niacinamide or NR but if anyone finds any test results, post here plz.
Niacin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_CY7LrFPwU

NMN

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9add0yV9zjs

Start cheap and get niacin flush and a large bottle of dried parsley... maybe a b complex or multi vitamin/mineral if you don't already have those. Buy some good eggs, meats, vegetables :D

Ismail

I have watched 2 or 3 videos of Nichola. In each video she stated that you only need to take her company's supplement for a short time (I forget the length of time) to achieve good results and that we should not tell her stockholders (or something like that). After the 3rd time I heard the same wording, I decided it was scripted into her interview. I did not bother to watch this one
Thanks @David PS , I know what you mean, it’s difficult to know how genuine some of these people are, which makes it all the more difficult!

Ismail

Right on. Lol yeah it can be confusing. Well, there is Dr. Conlon for niacinamide, Dr. Brenner for NR, and Dr. Sinclair for NMN. I've never used donotage.org.
But all those Drs products are $$$. Actually I just remembered Dr. Hoffer for Niacin. He is cheapest to follow.
However, I think niacinamide and nicain(flush or not) is a great choice and cost effective. Hoffer has said good things about those 3 as well in an older interview (niacin flush, niacin no flush, and niacinamide).
Dr Lustgarten has been doing various NAD tests on various products and his niacin flush (67) did better than NMN (39). Niacin dose was lower, and it's much cheaper.
I have not seen NAD results for niacinamide or NR but if anyone finds any test results, post here plz.
Niacin

NMN

Start cheap and get niacin flush and a large bottle of dried parsley... maybe a b complex or multi vitamin/mineral if you don't already have those. Buy some good eggs, meats, vegetables :D

You’re amazing! Thank you so much!

Is there any benefit of choosing the “flush” version over the non-flush versions? I mean is there more of a benefit in having the “flush”?

Ismail

Niacin

NMN

Wow the niacin video by Dr Lustgarten was shocking - from 19.9 uM to 67 uM!?

However in one of the comments Dr Lustgarten did mention that such an increase didn’t really effect his energy levels much - which was a little surprising to me idk 🤷‍♂️

@David PS and @Insaneacinamide and anyone else - have either of you tried any of these protocols to increase your NAD levels? If so, how did it go? Do you feel more energetic etc.?

OP
David PS

David PS

@David PS and @Insaneacinamide and anyone else - have either of you tried any of these protocols to increase your NAD levels? If so, how did it go? Do you feel more energetic etc.?
I have taken 3 grams of niacin for many years. Reading Haidut's posts convinced me to switch to naicinamide as a lower dose. I do not bother experimenting these new and expensive supplements. Niacinamide most likely does the trick. I looked for the post on the forum that indicated that niacinamide does the trick but I could not find it. Here is the search that I used:

Ismail

I have taken 3 grams of niacin for many years. Reading Haidut's posts convinced me to switch to naicinamide as a lower dose. I do not bother experimenting these new and expensive supplements. Niacinamide most likely does the trick. I looked for the post on the forum that indicated that niacinamide does the trick but I could not find it. Here is the search that I used:
Thanks David, much appreciated.

I’m gonna have a search and read through Haiduts posts about niacinamide etc

Do you take anything else, eg apigenin, parsley leaf extract etc

Have you felt a difference since taking the niacin for such a long time?

OP
David PS

David PS

Thanks David, much appreciated.

I’m gonna have a search and read through Haiduts posts about niacinamide etc

Do you take anything else, eg apigenin, parsley leaf extract etc

Have you felt a difference since taking the niacin for such a long time?
I am not a good at observing changes, here are some of my posts to answer questions about herbs that I take.

Wow the niacin video by Dr Lustgarten was shocking - from 19.9 uM to 67 uM!?

However in one of the comments Dr Lustgarten did mention that such an increase didn’t really effect his energy levels much - which was a little surprising to me idk 🤷‍♂️

Shocking indeed. Ah you raise an interesting point with the energy levels. Ok, so Dr Hoffer mentioned that niacin lowers some type of chemical (adrenaline perhaps?) that is stimulating/not calming. So that could be the reason Dr Lustgarten felt not much increase in energy levels. Since some of his stimulating chemicals were being lowered by niacin. Different energy systems in the body.
I've heard other Dr's mention it's (NAD boost) more of a circadian improvement, better sleep, maybe more cool/calm/collected in the day time and not adrenaline surge/catecholamine type energy only.
However, some plant extracts can effect certain systems in the body, like the MAOI enzyme and inhibit it, which will cause more dopamine, noradrenaline, and serotonin and some other stuff. So, if you do it (niacin/b vitamins) with various products say quercetin, nicotine, resveratrol, and other interesting stuff you will get more of a "speedy energy". Could also only focus on the other systems Dr. Conlon talked about improving with the plant extracts, and leave out the b vitamins.
I think adding a b complex vitamin with it is a nice synergy also. Add in some coffee with your meal for a fun kick. Tons of protein in the meal to hit glutamate, glycine, gaba, histamine systems. Eggs and meat for the choline and atp systems.
The only issue I have, which I mentioned last month here is the possible blocking (or antagonism) of various endorphins/opioid systems from apigenin and egcg. I am not sure on this but suspect something is going on. No clue about other peptide systems, but hopefully someone one day reads this and has more information about it.
So, using some of those extracts or products long term might not be a good idea as it could cause pain issues due to lowered endorphins maybe? Or lower mood if it's not balanced or cycled out in some way.
Anyways, I am thinking too much and seem to be getting over my head with neuro & energy systems. Hopefully that makes some sense.
You’re amazing! Thank you so much!

Is there any benefit of choosing the “flush” version over the non-flush versions? I mean is there more of a benefit in having the “flush”?
I felt the niacin flush is more calming than niacinamide, in terms of energy. However, I think the flush does some stuff that the other's do not but I am not 100% sure.
I think flush niacin might cause more vasodilation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals