Bronchial Problems - Any Alternatives To Inhalers?

DMF

At night, 'round early Autumn when season is in change like now, I can't inhale as I would at daytime - like my lungs or tubes are closing in or getting smaller.
After effects/side effects of inhalers turns me inside out - so should I try what I've seen on TV - "Pure-Mist" ?
Would adding camphor or eucalyptus to the water help?
This started when I was 40, athletic all my life though.

Moderators: I don't know if this is the correct category to be in and if not, please place properly.
In fact, I couldn't find anywhere to put breathing - lung - cardiovascular issues

Mastemah

Glycine. Improves mucus fluidity by increasing glutathione. This also reduces cysteine and improved response from GABA.

OP
D

DMF

Glycine - now wait - I've taken that to relax, before bedtime and it's the main reason for gelatin, which I make homemade.
So my lungs have too much mucus ?
I'm not bloated - am an open water swimmer.

tara

Have you considered or tried buteyko?
+1
First things I'd consider trying:
1. Practice relaxed diaphragmatic nasal breathing when awake. If this is easy, good. If not, there are ways to improve.
2. Try chin strap or a little tape to help keep mouth closed at night. If that sounds uncomfortable, remember:
- it doesn't have to be so complete/tight that you can't breathe through mouth if you need to - just a bit of gentle pressure to stop it falling open when you are unaware/asleep.
- you can easily take it off in a second if you need it to.
3. Practice keeping mouth shut all the time except to eat, drink, talk etc. Exercise with the mouth shut - even if that means reducing intensity.
4. Work on exercises to improved CO2 levels. Buteyko or other methods.

Reasons: Low CO2 levels can contribute to narrowing airways and asthmatic symptoms. If you can avoid night-time hyperventilation (which is common) you may be able to prevent this. )

There are threads with some things people have tried and reports

Bag breathing

Exercise with closed mouth

Taping mouth at night so you don’t mouth breathe when you sleep

Sleeping on left side

@tara beat me to it, LOL. Thanks Tara!

akgrrrl

Direct and deep inhales of therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil. Relief is like right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals