Best Drug/Alcohol From Peat Perspective

soul_rebel

People have always and continue enjoy the vices of “drugs” and alcohol. I’m sure there a plenty of threads but wanted to start fresh. What are the best and worst from a Peat lense?

• tobacco (chewing, cigarettes, cigar)
  • Amphetamines
  • alcohol (spirits, beer, wine)
  • Marijuana (smoking, eating)
  • Opium/opioids
  • Cocaine

Just curious. People will do these no matter what, just curious which one is the healthiest, peatiest, etc.

Maljam

None of them you have mentioned have beneficial effects on health, aside from maybe small amounts of alcohol. That doesnt mean I never drink but if you want to take them, take them, but don't expect your health to improve as a result of them.

With regards to alcohol Peat has mentioned before the clear spirits maybe alongside coke or juice to be the least harmful option, but that doesn't mean you can drink a bottle a night and not face the consequences.

There are many posts about tobacco being anti estrogenic and many benefits, however Peat says the smoke is carcinogenic and doesn't seem keen. The research for tobacco you should decide yourself if you trust it or not as it will be you that faces the consequences if it's wrong.

He has said many positive things about LSD in the past.

Frankdee20

Methylphenidate or Ritalin has no affinity for serotonin, unlike the amphetamine stimulants .....

Jessie

"Best drug from a Peat perspective?"

Uhmmm....cyproheptadine? Or aspirin. :D

In all seriouness though, out of the stuff you mentioned tobacco would probably have the least damaging effect on your hormonal system. In fact nicotine is now being marketed as a nootropic, lol. It has some pro-dopamine characteristics to it. But, smoke inhalation has been proven to be estrogenic. So perhaps smoking tobacco could cancel the effects of the dopamine agonism. This is notwithstanding the fact tobacco tends to be laced with hundreds of carcinogens.

Frankdee20

"Best drug from a Peat perspective?"

Uhmmm....cyproheptadine? Or aspirin. :D

In all seriouness though, out of the stuff you mentioned tobacco would probably have the least damaging effect on your hormonal system. In fact nicotine is now being marketed as a nootropic, lol. It has some pro-dopamine characteristics to it. But, smoke inhalation has been proven to be estrogenic. So perhaps smoking tobacco could cancel the effects of the dopamine agonism. This is notwithstanding the fact tobacco tends to be laced with hundreds of carcinogens.

alcohol in low amounts is okay ... but that’s a slippery slope low amounts means two a day

Jessie

alcohol in low amounts is okay ... but that’s a slippery slope low amounts means two a day
Yeah, liquor or wine is probably better then beer too. I don't know that for sure, but it just seems like there would be less adulterants in them.

Frankdee20

Yeah, liquor or wine is probably better then beer too. I don't know that for sure, but it just seems like there would be less adulterants in them.

Beer generally has too much histamine, and the hops is just nasty, and if I drink beer, I like a paler, crisper Pilsner style... but clear spirits have been favored over wine and beer on this forum.... you’re correct, darker spirits have congeners that typically make hangovers worse.... I don’t think one or two a day is bad though, because ultimately the alcohol is what gives benefits for heart health and blood lipids

golder

GHB? If anyone could share any peat info/dose suggestions on peats opinion on this I would be much appreciated.

aguineapig

Beer generally has too much histamine, and the hops is just nasty, and if I drink beer, I like a paler, crisper Pilsner style... but clear spirits have been favored over wine and beer on this forum.... you’re correct, darker spirits have congeners that typically make hangovers worse.... I don’t think one or two a day is bad though, because ultimately the alcohol is what gives benefits for heart health and blood lipids

I was really lucky in that I never really desired more than one or two drinks. Right now it still agitates my anxiety in remission but I hope I can tolerate it again soon.

Frankdee20

I was really lucky in that I never really desired more than one or two drinks. Right now it still agitates my anxiety in remission but I hope I can tolerate it again soon.

Good for you and your not missing anything lol ... it’s been a devil for me

OP
soul_rebel

soul_rebel

Hmmm so it seems from the bioenergetic/Peat perspective, not much benefit from these substances and what little benefit there is...caution lightly.

And the reason so many use these substances is because no of some underlying stress?

Frankdee20

Hmmm so it seems from the bioenergetic/Peat perspective, not much benefit from these substances and what little benefit there is...caution lightly.

And the reason so many use these substances is because no of some underlying stress?

I think addiction has a lot to do with alleviation of stress but then the more you consume, adaptations occur and the brain is dependent on exogenous neurotransmitter activation

Cloudhands

Wow I'm surprised no ones mentioned Ketamine. I personally love ketamine, and its known to make you much more insulin sensitive. I get cravings for icecream and pop and juice often on it and always feel amazing. Other ones I like are LSD, mushrooms (psilocybin), DMT, MDMA, etc. That all seem to be extremely helpful with mental/spiritual illness

golder

Wow I'm surprised no ones mentioned Ketamine. I personally love ketamine, and its known to make you much more insulin sensitive. I get cravings for icecream and pop and juice often on it and always feel amazing. Other ones I like are LSD, mushrooms (psilocybin), DMT, MDMA, etc. That all seem to be extremely helpful with mental/spiritual illness
Great post. What dosages of ketamine and psilocybin have you found beneficial? Thanks!

People have always and continue enjoy the vices of “drugs” and alcohol. I’m sure there a plenty of threads but wanted to start fresh. What are the best and worst from a Peat lense?

• tobacco (chewing, cigarettes, cigar)
  • Amphetamines
  • alcohol (spirits, beer, wine)
  • Marijuana (smoking, eating)
  • Opium/opioids
  • Cocaine

Just curious. People will do these no matter what, just curious which one is the healthiest, peatiest, etc.

-Nicotine pure would be ok, tobacco smoked ages the entire organism
-Amphetamines have very dirty routes of synthesis, and contain all kinds of impurities, stay away
-Alcohol is bad, but not as bad as AMP, OPI or MJ
-Marijuana has weird effects on a lot of people, and messes with too many targets simultaneously, also the entire weed - scene
-Opioids are said to have disgusting withdrawal and are indirectly inflammatory and catabolic
-Cocaine would be the better choice, compared to Amphetamines, an product of extraction and not synthesis
-Caffeine is clean, but most people have severe tolerance and thus not much behavioral effecting
-Magic Mushrooms seem surprisingly safe, and would be my recommendation for everyone
-Pharm - grade AMP and MPH and such would be also ok, and Pramipexole and other DA - Agonists also seem to ahve effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom