Arrhythmia and serotonin antagonists?

Elie

Forum Supporter
Wonder if anyone had had any direct or indirect experience with serotonin antagonists and arrhythmias?

Arnold Grape

Ongoing issues with cardiac arrhythmia, but nothing to report specifically with serotonin agonists. However, anything is possible: my take is that the solvents can become disruptive, but also n=1

GodsHound

No experience but Ray often talks of Szent-Gyorgyi’s experiments with progesterone on the heart rhythm of rabbits. It’s in his heart & hormones article.

GodsHound

Actually, from experience I find cyproheptadine makes the heart rhythm feel strong and stable, but does not decrease the heart rate.

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Actually, from experience I find cyproheptadine makes the heart rhythm feel strong and stable, but does not decrease the heart rate.
Thank you. It is the rhythm I am more interested in, not the rate.

Korven

Thank you. It is the rhythm I am more interested in, not the rate.
I noticed in the past that cyproheptadine would make my heart flutter and it felt extremely uncomfortable. It's one of the (many) reasons why I stopped taking it. I thought this more had to do with anti-histamine properties than serotonin? Interesting.

redsun

I noticed in the past that cyproheptadine would make my heart flutter and it felt extremely uncomfortable. It's one of the (many) reasons why I stopped taking it. I thought this more had to do with anti-histamine properties than serotonin? Interesting.
Its the anticholinergic effect. The muscarinic 2 (M2) receptors in the heart slow the heart rate and reduce contractile force of the heart. So when you take an anticholinergic such as cypro, the heart rate tends to increase and heart contractile force increases.

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Ongoing issues with cardiac arrhythmia, but nothing to report specifically with serotonin agonists. However, anything is possible: my take is that the solvents can become disruptive, but also n=1
Just to follow up on this. Have you looked at lab markers for viscosity or coagulation. Peat says that is influence by Thyroid. also as mentioned below, progesteron and androgens (as per his article) can help. Have you experimented with any of these?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals