Add on to regimen from Idea Labs? to attempt to address remaining issues - temperature dips at times and allergies and severe chemical sensitivities

makes sense but what about thyroid supplement, progest-e, pregnenelone, cascara,idea labs which we know are pure on skin, D, K, A a- all used and recommended regularly on skin by Dr. Peat. ?those are mainly my "supplements". i only added thiamine in pure bulk powder to try to get temp up but its not a regular supplement. dr. peat recommended colostrum to me so using that and the sporebiotics and digestive enzymes have immensely helped my bowel and intestine and contain no fillers. i am going tyo switch over from a mg powder to magnoil from idea labs. So almost everything i take in under tongue or on skin and does not go through my intestine. The health that i do have is due to all of these things- the issue i have predates all supplements- i have had horrific allergies since child hood and the chemical sensitivity really set in just about the time i started being poisoned with estrogen in my late teens which continued until close to 30. So, i have to wonder whether the estrogen and all the drugs i was on for 12 plus years did something to my system; but i believe this must be reversible and have reversed everything else that happened so must figure out the missing puzzle piece.
“When a person uses a drug, there is generally an awareness that the benefit has to be weighed against the side effects. But if something is treated as a “nutrient,” especially an “essential nutrient,” there is an implication that it won't produce undesirable side effects." -Ray Peat

Rinse & RePeat:

“I know you caution against supplements being toxic, and endorse niacinamide, do you recommend supplementing it?”

RAY PEAT:

“Only when there’s a specific need, because of the trace impurities.”

In this video RP (below) says he has often times seen peoples allergies clear up when they give up their supplements….

View: https://youtu.be/RMD24nFhVWw

"...the presence of a certain amount of one nutrient often increases or decreases the amount of other nutrients needed." -Ray Peat

Rinse & rePeat:
“I have been taking three drops of StressNon topically, I am assuming you are familiar with it, and I don’t take it everyday just when I feel I anticipate myself in a stressed state. Is that an appropriate way to use pregnenolone, or should it be cycled?”

RAY PEAT:
“I don’t know what Stressnon contains. If pregnenolone is pure, it’s effective in doses as small as 10 mg; I have taken thousands of milligrams daily, for a year, and found it to have no side effects.”

Last edited:
OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I do not.

Im 48 with two middle school children.
Work full time.

Was near death.
Extremely sensitive to chemicals among a million other things wrong.

I am well now.
Amazing! have you shared your story anywhere here in another thread? would love to know more. very curious regarding your thyroid and hormonal balance and your approach, Quite impressive. could pm you too

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

“When a person uses a drug, there is generally an awareness that the benefit has to be weighed against the side effects. But if something is treated as a “nutrient,” especially an “essential nutrient,” there is an implication that it won't produce undesirable side effects." -Ray Peat

Rinse & RePeat:

“I know you caution against supplements being toxic, and endorse niacinamide, do you recommend supplementing it?”

RAY PEAT:

“Only when there’s a specific need, because of the trace impurities.”

View: https://youtu.be/RMD24nFhVWw

"...the presence of a certain amount of one nutrient often increases or decreases the amount of other nutrients needed." -Ray Peat

Rinse & rePeat:
“I have been taking three drops of StressNon topically, I am assuming you are familiar with it, and I don’t take it everyday just when I feel I anticipate myself in a stressed state. Is that an appropriate way to use pregnenolone, or should it be cycled?”

RAY PEAT:
“I don’t know what Stressnon contains. If pregnenolone is pure, it’s effective in doses as small as 10 mg; I have taken thousands of milligrams daily, for a year, and found it to have no side effects.”

Good stuff and very wise thank you! i have known for 25 years Dr. Peat doesnt like supplements yet everything i take has always come from his recommendations. But perhaps its duration thing and more about not taking them ongoing. Thank you for all of this feedback- lots to contemplate.

Peatful

Amazing! have you shared your story anywhere here in another thread? would love to know more. very curious regarding your thyroid and hormonal balance and your approach, Quite impressive. could pm you too
Ive shared it so many times people are probably sick of my spiel.

We can exchange here if you want.

Never know who might need to stumble across it one day.

Peatful

Ive shared it so many times people are probably sick of my spiel.

We can exchange here if you want.

Never know who might need to stumble across it one day.
Also better if you direct.

I want to be concise and helpful for your particular situation.

Good stuff and very wise thank you! i have known for 25 years Dr. Peat doesnt like supplements yet everything i take has always come from his recommendations. But perhaps its duration thing and more about not taking them ongoing. Thank you for all of this feedback- lots to contemplate.
I am glad you are getting what I am saying. A suppliment can be a health saving thing until it backfires, and becomes too much of a good thing.

This video is about vitamin A supplements and thyroid together backfiring….

View: https://youtu.be/_AEW8CiPXuw

Last edited:
“Thyroid hormone is essential for forming carbon dioxide. In the early 1940s, experimental rabbits were fed their standard diet, with the addition of 1% desiccated thyroid gland, which would be equivalent to about 150 grains of Armour thyroid for a person. They became extremely hypermetabolic, and couldn't eat enough to meet their nutritional needs for growth and tissue maintenance. When they died, all of their tissues weighed much less than those of animals that hadn't received the toxic dose of thyroid, except for their bones, which were larger than normal. Experiments with the thin skull bones of mice have shown that the active thyroid hormone, T3, increases the formation of bone. To increase cellular respiration and carbon dioxide production, T3 increases the activity of the enzyme cytochrome oxidase, which uses copper as a co-factor. Increased thyroid activity increases the absorption of copper from foods.“ -Ray Peat

"Because of contaminants in supplements I seldom recommend the oral use of any of them, except aspirin, which can be dissolved in warm water to remove most of the additives. In the winter I use vitamin D, but only on my skin in an oil. Using a thyroid supplement temporarily might help to lower your estrogen." -Ray Peat

"Although occasionally a short supplementation of progesterone, pregnenolone, or thyroid will decisively correct a problem, most often there has been something environmental-nutritional that had to be changed. If people don’t change their diet and/or problematic surroundings, then they are dependent on hormones, stimulants, antiinflammatories, etc." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

RP says salt, sugar and caffeine are natural antihistamines and that a study proved that a Coke, drank fast, is more effective than and Epi-pen, so use these liberally. They have worked wonders for me!

Last edited:
P

Peatness

Iron is not big round here but if it's low it can be problematic

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Good stuff everyone.

On a personal note, what helped me most was thyroid. I took Cynoplus initially then Tyromax, mostly need it only during the cold seasons now.

That did coincide with daily taurine and gelatin in my coffee. Come to think of it, it did also coincide with me stopping fluoride containing toothpaste.

I've had it bad and was depending on cyproheptadine and benadryl to stay out of the hospital, but thank God that's all behind.

If saunas haven't been mentioned, you might want to consider; in-line with Dr. Peat's raising body temperature.

Best of luck.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

RP says salt, sugar and caffeine are natural antihistamines and that a study proved that a Coke, drank fast, is more effective than and Epi-pen, so use these liberally. They have worked wonders for me!
Thank you yes I used to get the Mexican Coke do you get the Mexican Coke the one that's made without corn syrup I have to see if I can find that and otherwise I do quite a bit of salt sugar and caffeine in my diet for sure I know those things are antihistamines and that's why I do a bunch of them yet I'm still pretty allergic but yeah I'd love to find that Mexican Coke you don't drink the regular American one do you

Thank you yes I used to get the Mexican Coke do you get the Mexican Coke the one that's made without corn syrup I have to see if I can find that and otherwise I do quite a bit of salt sugar and caffeine in my diet for sure I know those things are antihistamines and that's why I do a bunch of them yet I'm still pretty allergic but yeah I'd love to find that Mexican Coke you don't drink the regular American one do you
Grape seed extract, quercetin and bromelain are good for allergies. Has really helped mine. And that’s saying alot because I’m surrounded by trees and vegetation.

Thank you- have done bromelain in past have to look into grape. Dr peat has spoken negatively o. Quercetin to me - I think he said it's estrogenic but I'm not quite exactly sure right now
Oh that’s too bad because I like quercetin. But yeah, try the grape seed extract. It really works- for me anyway.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Good stuff everyone.

On a personal note, what helped me most was thyroid. I took Cynoplus initially then Tyromax, mostly need it only during the cold seasons now.

That did coincide with daily taurine and gelatin in my coffee. Come to think of it, it did also coincide with me stopping fluoride containing toothpaste.

I've had it bad and was depending on cyproheptadine and benadryl to stay out of the hospital, but thank God that's all behind.

If saunas haven't been mentioned, you might want to consider; in-line with Dr. Peat's raising body temperature.

Best of luck.
did you read dr. peats newsletter on heat shock proteins- dont think hes fond of saunas. But thyroid makes sense and thats what ive been trying to fine tune but im up to the equivalent of 3 grains and dont think i can go much higher for sleep etc. temp still not up enough though. ive had my temps good in the recent past- not sure what has happened but something different. i have been moving around a lot this last year so could be all the change. i was at a high altitude for 4 years in CO unitl last october and then went to florida for 8 months and now arkansas for the last 4. my body shrank quite a bit from what it was in CO and before CO in NYC was much smaller so interesting.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Iron is not big round here but if it's low it can be problematic

dont think that is an issue - always been ample in fact i worry about theopposite but i eat liver and oysters consistently so dont think i wouldhave become deficient since last check. But please share how you have managed to attain such balance without taking thyroid (or hormones like progesterone? and any supplements etc.?) but through diet it sounds primarily, and how you have achieved optimal body temperature, pulse rate, relief from health issues, particularly the chemical sensitivity. Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals