Activated Charcoal

Blossom

Forum Supporter
is there a difference between Activated Charcoal powder or Pills. The powder is dirt cheap so I am thinking if there is a catch?
The powder is just potentially messy and inconvenient so some people prefer to pay more to get it in capsules.

I'm.No.One

The powder is just potentially messy and inconvenient so some people prefer to pay more to get it in capsules.
The powder also poses the risk of inhalation when you're trying to ingest it which can genuinely damage your lungs.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
makes sense, thanks for replying! you have any general recommendation for dosage? (in tsp/tbs) as I have purchased the powder already
I would personally start low at 1 tsp or less to see how you feel and also mix it with water and drink it to avoid inhaling and as @I’m.No_One mentioned.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
There are numerous threads on the forum you can read as well to get different perspectives on dosing. Also if you tend towards constipation it can make that worse.

OP
B
There are numerous threads on the forum you can read as well to get different perspectives on dosing. Also if you tend towards constipation it can make that worse.
Great! thanks for all the replies. I actually used 1/4th tsp (chugged with water) but i will make sure to dissolve it from now.

L_C

I have been taking charcoal for over a year, about twice a month. I started with tsp. Now I take 1-2tbsp. I make it with equal amount of coconut oil (heated). Mix the two together and eat it. Drink some water after it.

Havde

I have been taking charcoal for over a year, about twice a month. I started with tsp. Now I take 1-2tbsp. I make it with equal amount of coconut oil (heated). Mix the two together and eat it. Drink some water after it.
What benefits have you noticed when taking it for a long period? Did any benefits occur after taking it for a while or was it noticable from the first day?

L_C

What benefits have you noticed when taking it for a long period? Did any benefits occur after taking it for a while or was it noticable from the first day?
Personally, I think I had quite an extensive endotoxin overload. One dose would not definitely fix my issues. That's why I put myself on such an extensive protocol. I feel better now.

Probably I will continue with 2tbsp a month until the end of year and then switch to one time a month. Charcoal definitely works but it takes time to see the change.

Havde

Personally, I think I had quite an extensive endotoxin overload. One dose would not definitely fix my issues. That's why I put myself on such an extensive protocol. I feel better now.

Probably I will continue with 2tbsp a month until the end of year and then switch to one time a month. Charcoal definitely works but it takes time to see the change.
That sounds really promising! I notice a positive effect just days efter taking AC and that's why I was wondering if there are long term effects aswell.
I bought a new box today so I will also try it for a longer period.

Have you tried cascara aswell?

L_C

That sounds really promising! I notice a positive effect just days efter taking AC and that's why I was wondering if there are long term effects aswell.
I bought a new box today so I will also try it for a longer period.

Have you tried cascara aswell?
Of course I tried cascara. Like it. Oftentimes, I take it together with charcoal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals