Timing of antibiotics and activated charcoal to avoid endotoxin absorbtion

BearWithMe

How soon after an antibiotic is optimal to take activated charcoal, so the charcoal will absorb as much endotoxin from the die-off as possible, but doesn't absorb the antibiotic itself?

PxD

Bump to this thread. I'm also curious to know.

Adding to that my own question, does activated charcoal on its own have any antibacterial properties? Anyone have any experience with this?

CuriousKay

How soon after an antibiotic is optimal to take activated charcoal, so the charcoal will absorb as much endotoxin from the die-off as possible, but doesn't absorb the antibiotic itself?
I’m not totally sure, but my health coach has always had me take AC right before bed.

CuriousKay

I’m not totally sure, but my health coach has always had me take AC right before bed.
The problem I’ve encountered is that I wake up at night when I do this. I don’t know if it’s the water I drink the AC with that makes me need to pee, or what.

I am trying to eat well-cooked mushrooms daily now instead, but if anyone has any ideas for when to take the AC, I’d like to know.

I am not supposed to have a truly empty stomach and I’m supposed to keep my blood sugar stable, so I haven’t found any other time to take AC that’s far enough away from food, so I’d love to hear other people’s suggestions/input.

T

TheBeard

If it's a once a day abx, take the charcoal 12h after.
If it's a twice a day abx, take the charcoal 6h after.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

If it's a once a day abx, take the charcoal 12h after.
If it's a twice a day abx, take the charcoal 6h after.
Isn't that too late? Wouldn't be all the endotoxin already absorbed by that time?