Large Particle Charcoal

walker_in_aus

I have been advised several times to try more activated charcoal but to try a larger particle one, not a powder. Does anyone have any recommendations for products that are not powders and are a bit chunkier?

theLaw

I tried the larger particles, and I didn't see any results. Here's what I purchased:

71oO14Ui%2BRL._SY679_.jpg

It's great to not deal with the powder, but the charcoal that I used was like the consistency of those rocks at the bottom of an aquarium, so not sure how they were supposed to sweep anything internally. I even tried blending them to a constituency closer to powder, but not powder, and it still didn't work.

johnsmith

Im waiting for Health Naturas's in the mail so we'll see how that goes. I partly ordered it so I could feed to to my old dog, who most likely does have all sorts of tumours and growths that the fine ground charcoal could get caught in.

Waynish

It's disgusting and it doesn't work. Very obvious difference from the fine stuff. You can take a mouthful of (what feels like glass shards) from healthnatura, and it barely seems to have the action of a single charcoal tablet of the regular variety.

johnsmith

It's disgusting and it doesn't work. Very obvious difference from the fine stuff. You can take a mouthful of (what feels like glass shards) from healthnatura, and it barely seems to have the action of a single charcoal tablet of the regular variety.
Well s**t, it was expensive.

Works great for me

Obviously not AS good as fine powder since it works through surface area. But we know Ray Peat doesn’t recommend the powder.

Waynish

Works great for me

Obviously not AS good as fine powder since it works through surface area. But we know Ray Peat doesn’t recommend the powder.

We're you sure it isn't the placebo of Peat liking it? He didn't recommend this specific one... And I'm not sure it was clear how fine he wanted it. Many people have said it is an obvious difference and they can't tell that it works anymore.

We're you sure it isn't the placebo of Peat liking it? He didn't recommend this specific one... And I'm not sure it was clear how fine he wanted it. Many people have said it is an obvious difference and they can't tell that it works anymore.
Yeah I'd say about 50 to 80% of the effect. I take 2 tablespoons though.

And for how many hours to feel glass-like shards left in your mouth?
I pilled it until I had the knowledge on how to swallow it safely (pour measuring spoon in your mouth and chase with water).

Waynish

I pilled it until I had the knowledge on how to swallow it safely (pour measuring spoon in your mouth and chase with water).

I also did it this way... They're still very sharp. Maybe we should do some research and find a more suitable average size for activated charcoal granules.

I also did it this way... They're still very sharp. Maybe we should do some research and find a more suitable average size for activated charcoal granules.
I'm thinking we could tumble polish them until they're spherical :ss

Lurker

I just got some of the nuggets from healthnatura. I don’t know if they are as effective due to reduced surface area and the cost per pound is a lot more. It seems to still reduce the damage from whatever is going on in my guts though. The granules are definitely less messy than powder but harder to take. I’m adding to water to let fizz then drink with a straw chasing with more water. It’s requires a ridiculous amount of water to wash down multiple tablespoons so I have backed off the quantity I take to just one spoon.

There is a significant increase in water consumed compared with powder. Supposedly activated charcoal drops blood sugar. Anyone know the mechanism for this? The additional water will also drop blood sugar as well. So you may want to chase with juice.

Next time I may just go back to the powder.

I’ll try in your way tonight. It should considerably reduce the amount of water consumed. Does it fizz in your belly?
It probably does :ss It still takes about a pint of water for 2 tablespoons, being extra conservative.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals