Digestion Problems, Food Choices

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

if I'm trying to find out what foods are bothering me how long of a change of a diet does it take 2 days to see if a food is bothering me like say orange juice making me uncomfortable.

tomisonbottom

It depends on your digestion. You can take a large dose of activated charcoal and see how long it takes to come out. :D

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I think oj is giving me digestion problems but nothing makes me sleep better then french fries and oj juice. Does anyone have any alternative ideas fora meal that will satisfy me. I do chicken but I feel like something missing I have frigs or broccoli with it. Any other ideas ground beef maybe?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

oven. fruit is carbs. didnt jello have a very small amount of gelatin or am I wrong?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

thank you meatbag. I'm trying lose weight so reducing my french frie intake because of starch having calories. Im going to remove the oj and see how I do.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

eatting pineapple with meal or taking Bromelain which is better. Could I take bromelain with chicken and be ok?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

orange juice seems very effective to lower adrenaline to sleep need alternatives I'm confident that oj is causing me digestion problems. Any other ideas I tried pears but i couldn't fall alseep till I had orange juice and some french fries.

Birdie

yeah good fruit can be expensive. If the price is reasonable it would probably be good to at least eat an orange a day, stewed apples are good too and are usually much more affordable but inconvenient. Its hard to find apple sauce at the store without added vitamin c (which always bothers my stomach) but if you can it seems good to me.
Yes about the applesauce. The best one I can find still has citric acid in it. And not cheap....
Doesn't seem to bother my stomach, but I wish it were free of citric acid.
I do make mine some of the time. Very time consuming with all the other special cooking, agree.

The Jackson's Honest chips are super expensive, so not a cheap option for you @biggirlkisss. Or for me except rarely.

I've been using apple juice half the time. It doesn't bother my tummy.
(Yeah, Ray warns about moldy ones but I think you can find safe ones.)
Maybe it's the unpasteurized ones that could get mold.

Good thing is that you can warm it up so it's comforting at bedtime. Good luck kiss.

Richiebogie

@biggirlkisss Did you find someone to help you?

Coconut oil can cure a lot of things. Have you tried eating a teaspoon of this a day?

If you ever feel good, write down what you ate in the 48 hours preceding.

In fact a food diary with dates & times, alertness score out of 10, digestion score, energy score may give clues as to what is good and bad for you.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

ok thanks richiebogie I will try. I noticing improvements from switching from oj to milk.

Carrum

Try honey. I used to have oj but all that fluid would wake me up to urinate which defeated the object.
I have about 3 dessert spoons of honey. I often mix it with half a mug of hot water as a drink.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I eat a lot of muscle meats and don tnotice a difference I sometimes have gelatin with it but not always am I missing out by avoiding most muscle meats in my diet. if I dont notice a difference.