Activated Charcoal caps

Makrosky

Hey guys,

Has anyone used activated charcoal caps? It's the only charcoal I can get and I want to give it a try.

The labels says taking two caps but that is only 560mg. I know people in this forum uses it by the spoonfull.

Should the dose be different with caps than with powder? Isn't 560mg a very small dose? Is there any difference between the caps and the powder?

Any help will be welcome.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've used County Life brand and seemed to tolerate it well. If you look on Dan's site http://www.toxinless.com you should be able find some information about other/different sources. Usually the powder is more economical but in a pinch I've used the capsules just because I could buy it locally. I did use more than the instructions on the bottle recommended tho.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Blossom said:
I've used County Life brand and seemed to tolerate it well. If you look on Dan's site http://www.toxinless.com you should be able find some information about other/different sources. Usually the powder is more economical but in a pinch I've used the capsules just because I could buy it locally. I did use more than the instructions on the bottle recommended tho.

I have the best one according to toxinless.com... wow! :)

How many caps did you take ?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Makrosky said:
I have the best one according to toxinless.com... wow! :)

dxia0z.jpg

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I very roughly estimated that 10 capsules would be about 1 teaspoon (or around 5 grams) so I went with that amount. 10 x 540 mg = 5.4 grams and that's about a teaspoon. I know some people take more and some less.

Greg says

I take half the bottle before bed every once in a while with 4 cascara tablets.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Greg says said:
Amazing! :D

haidut

Forum Supporter
Blossom said:
I very roughly estimated that 10 capsules would be about 1 teaspoon (or around 5 grams) so I went with that amount. 10 x 540 mg = 5.4 grams and that's about a teaspoon. I know some people take more and some less.

Taking 14 of the capsules equals exactly 1 tbsp. I guess we can round it off to 15 to make it easier to remember. I can't find the exact reference right now but it was in a study, so the capsules to tbsp conversion should be legit.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
haidut said:
Blossom said:

Taking 14 of the capsules equals exactly 1 tbsp. I guess we can round it off to 15 to make it easier to remember. I can't find the exact reference right now but it was in a study, so the capsules to tbsp conversion should be legit.
Yeah I was talking TEASPOONS so by my figures it would be closer to 28 capsules to equal a TABLESPOON.

jyb

Greg says said:

The charcoal binds polyphenol so it will bind the emodin in cascara if you take those at the same time. Hence, you might be missing out on the emodin, which is supposed to be main chemical of interest in cascara according to Ray's article.

Greg says

No, the cascara is definitely working. ; )

Attachments

• 969212_526397427427462_739623739_n.jpg
    969212_526397427427462_739623739_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 634