Blacking out

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I am, and my MD will not cross path with the GI doctor and their specific tests. I do move my bowels, just not often enough.

Lin

It is possible to have a partial obstruction. You will still have bowel movements. Your intestine could be twisted. Maybe you might have blind pouches that trap the stool, or adhesions. If you have a physical problem like this, you will be miserable, and it doesn't matter what supplements you take (obviously). These problems are treated surgically.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I agree. But I have had like 7 colonoscopies over the years, all with the same GI symptoms, and X-rays, CT scans, etc. Something should have caught that-yeah?

messtafarian

I don't think it's a mechanical blockage. I think it's a nervous system problem -- paraileus. No one will find that on a scope.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Maybe my chronic sinusitis is causing these dizziness issues? I do have chronic sinusitis confirmed from the brain MRI. Sudafed possibly?

messtafarian

...but I think the blacking out has to do with blood sugar. If your stomach is not working, you can't be managing sugars well at all. If your stomach and digestive tract are not assimilating the nutrition you give it and you've lost the sensory signal that tells you to feed it, you won't be aware of the warning signals your body is sending you to give it more sugar. While you're waiting for the doc maybe keep a Coke/OJ nearby and sip every little while?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I think blood sugar is an issue also, but at some point, I would have thought with different ratios and frequent sugar feedings, I would have felt some symptom relief. No?

johns74

iLoveSugar said:
I think blood sugar is an issue also, but at some point, I would have thought with different ratios and frequent sugar feedings, I would have felt some symptom relief. No?

Not if the problem is high iron hurting the pancreas.

messtafarian

johns74 said:
post 101938
iLoveSugar said:

Is there high iron?

Last edited by a moderator:

johns74

messtafarian said:
post 101939
johns74 said:
post 101938
iLoveSugar said:

Is there high iron?

Ferritin is 200, which suggests high iron. Unless he had an inflammation or something like that to create a false ferritin reading, he needs 4 blood donations to get it to a good level, or whatever it takes with aspirin .

johns74

I guess another thing to explore is heavy metal intoxication (other than the iron intoxication).

messtafarian

iLoveSugar said:
post 101937

Ferritin is 200, which suggests high iron. Unless he had an inflammation or something like that to create a false ferritin reading, he needs 4 blood donations to get it to a good level, or whatever it takes with aspirin or something else.

Ferritin is in range, basing it on the values I get which call anything between 11-307 normal. 200, from that perspective, is actually ok. Unless it's a different test/lab?

johns74

messtafarian said:
Ferritin is in range, basing it on the values I get which call anything between 11-307 normal. 200, from that perspective, is actually ok. Unless it's a different test/lab?

That's according to the range. The range is wrong, just like TSH, etc.

messtafarian

johns74 said:
post 101943
messtafarian said:

That's according to the range. The range is wrong, just like TSH, etc.

We have to start somewhere, johns74....

messtafarian

iLoveSugar said:
post 101937 I think blood sugar is an issue also, but at some point, I would have thought with different ratios and frequent sugar feedings, I would have felt some symptom relief. No?

Maybe. Blacking out is *always* a sugar problem. That is RP talking, not me.

We're just waiting for the doc and you clearly have something new to report. I'm just making that suggestion to keep you functioning till you get there.

johns74

messtafarian said:

I'm not sure if there is a point in your post. If you think the iron stores ranges are correct, you need to start doing some reading.

messtafarian

johns74 said:
post 101946
messtafarian said:

I'm not sure if there is a point in your post. If you think the iron stores ranges are correct, you need to start doing some research.

Johns74, my ferritin is 5.

I've done some research on iron. Be right or be wrong, I just want ILS to be ok.

johns74

messtafarian said:

I've done some research on iron. Be right or be wrong, I just want ILS to be ok.

Not sure I get the point of this post either or how it related to the previous posts.

johns74

messtafarian said:

I just looked at your posts, your aspirin intake might have partly caused it, depending on how long you took it (just in case you didn't come across that part in your iron reading).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals