Zero-calorie sweetener (erythritol) linked to clotting, heart attacks and strokes

Jessie

Avoiding things that increase our endotoxic load is becoming more difficult than avoiding PUFA. Always some new offender on the horizon. Thankfully I've never used these sugar substitutes in any large degree, with the exception of stevia when I was low-carb 8-9 years ago.

Peatress

Avoiding things that increase our endotoxic load is becoming more difficult than avoiding PUFA. Always some new offender on the horizon. Thankfully I've never used these sugar substitutes in any large degree, with the exception of stevia when I was low-carb 8-9 years ago.
Totally agree with this statement.

Perry Staltic

One of the authors of the study (who appears to be the study lead, or one of the leads) has present and past monetery connections to Proctor & Gamble. P&G has a patent for monk fruit sweetener, called the "first healthy artifical sweetener" in the article title (below). I wondering if this study is an attempt to poison the well, so to speak, against erythritol in order to give monk fruit sweetener more market share..

The FDA first granted monk fruit approval back in 2010; however, Procter & Gamble Co. first patented the fruit for a possible sugar and artificial sweetener alternative back in 1995. Today, the New Zealand company, BioVittoria, is leading the production of monk fruit-derived ingredients through a license obtained from Procter & Gamble. BioVittoria received the FDA’s Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) approval for its monk fruit concentrate product “Fruit-Sweetness” in 2010.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

I was being sarcastic. The timing of this study seems suspect to me. I wish they would investigate the many heart attacks after covid injections.

Xilitol is dangerous?
Dangerous? How so? I often wonder about the propaganda of xylitol being harmful to dogs, I inadvertently gave foods to my dog with xylitol for years, before hearing about the warning they give about not giving it to animals. Anyway, not only did my dog never have a vet visit for bad health, he lived to be 16 yrs old {his breed is supposed to be good for about 10 years}. Also, I recently heard that the avocado thing has been debunked, regarding dogs eating it. This lack-of-science fear mongering happens all the time with nutrients and substances. I am sure the sugar corporations were behind this negative propaganda with xylitol.

Perry Staltic

One of the authors of the study (who appears to be the study lead, or one of the leads) has present and past monetery connections to Proctor & Gamble. P&G has a patent for monk fruit sweetener, called the "first healthy artifical sweetener" in the article title (below). I wondering if this study is an attempt to poison the well, so to speak, against erythritol in order to give monk fruit sweetener more market share..

Interesting coincidences

* S.L.H. (Stanley L. Hazen) conceived, designed and supervised all experiments and participated in the drafting and editing of the article.
* Corresponding author: Correspondence to Stanley L. Hazen
* Heart, Vascular and Thoracic Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, Stanley L. Hazen (SLH)
* Cleveland Clinic is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio
* Proctor & Gamble is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio
* Competing Interests: Hazen reports being named as co-inventor on pending and issued patents held by the Cleveland Clinic relating to cardiovascular diagnostics and therapeutics, being a paid consultant formerly for Procter and Gamble and currently with Zehna Therapeutics. He also reports having received research funds from Procter and Gamble, Zehna Therapeutics and Roche Diagnostics, and being eligible to receive royalty payments for inventions or discoveries related to cardiovascular diagnostics or therapeutics from Cleveland HeartLab, a wholly owned subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics, Procter and Gamble and Zehna therapeutics.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals