When cholesterol in food is exposed to uv light does it produce vitamin D

Redroad

Just a question not looking for it to supply my vitamin d or nothing just curious of the suns effect on food.

OP
R

Redroad

Thanks I heard a podcast that Danny Roddy did with primitive initiative podcast the guy said along the lines of the Italians used to hang their pasta in the sun to dry and the uv hit the cholesterol in the egg yolk and made vitamin d when they were made to stop hanging the pasta outside they become vitamin d deficit. Or something along them lines.

Perry Staltic

Thanks I heard a podcast that Danny Roddy did with primitive initiative podcast the guy said along the lines of the Italians used to hang their pasta in the sun to dry and the uv hit the cholesterol in the egg yolk and made vitamin d when they were made to stop hanging the pasta outside they become vitamin d deficit. Or something along them lines.

Maybe spending time in the sun to hang pasta is what gave them sufficient D. Doesn't take long, especially in a place like Italy, to get a lot of D from sun exposure.

Dr. B

what about the northern european populations like iceland etc did they do fine without much vitamin D thanks to a high dairy, high beef diet?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals