Ukraine Crisis

Hugh Johnson

Ya, the Ukraine leadership has destroyed the country. Zelensky may not survive long after the fall of Donbas.

Not sure they will want to take Odessa. It would be costly, time consuming, and the city would be destroyed. Maybe If they cant reach a settlement after Donbas, Russia will go for the entire south coast.
Zelensky has a brand new British citizenship, breaking Ukrainian Constitution btw. He is in Poland, the last I heard.

He also apparently has over a hundred million USD stashed away, and can skim off those 40b USD being sent to Ukraine.

UA has their best troops in Donbass, and are even there now fighting using middle aged conscripts. Once Donbass breaks, which seems to be soon, taking Odessa will be quite realistic.

Taking territory is the easy part. The US had no trouble taking Afghanistan, it's what you do with it after you have taken it that is hard.

BrianF

Podolyak on plans for the Ukrainian counteroffensive:

"For me, it is important that we liberate the Kherson region, and as harshly as possible for both collaborators and the Russian military. The Zaporozhye region. We need the waters of the Sea of Azov. I am in favor of forgetting the word "Russians" in the Kharkiv region. so that in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions they forget the word "Russians" and that the criminal elements who call themselves authorities - so that they are not physically there."
You have to hope the people of these regions are never again faced with this sort of state sponsored aggression, determined to cleanse them form their own lands.

rockarolla

So.. in three months, the West spent tens of billions to support Ukraine and the result, to put it mildly, is not very good.

UA is shrinking, economy is totally destroyed, troops are dying, emigration is reaching 5..6 millions.

And before that, puppet masters bragged that they outplayed Putin and bought Ukraine for themselves for only 7 billion. :lol:

1653040679914.png

1653040721330.png

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Well the Westen official narrative was that Russia stopped trying to form a larger cauldron because of lack of force and power.

Other possibility is that it was a deliberate Russian tactic to chose to form smaller circles and break individual Ukrainian lines faster that way.

The latter is more Sound given the effects quick succession of tactical successes can have on both sides moral which is a big factor currently. Also, supply and reinforcement is clearly easier for smaller wing operations

Perry Staltic

Well the Westen official narrative was that Russia stopped trying to form a larger cauldron because of lack of force and power.

Other possibility is that it was a deliberate Russian tactic to chose to form smaller circles and break individual Ukrainian lines faster that way.

The latter is more Sound given the effects quick succession of tactical successes can have on both sides moral which is a big factor currently. Also, supply and reinforcement is clearly easier for smaller wing operations

Both can be done at the same time. Break the front up into small pockets while outflanking and encircling it through softer territory on the west

Mister

So.. in three months, the West spent tens of billions to support Ukraine and the result, to put it mildly, is not very good.

UA is shrinking, economy is totally destroyed, troops are dying, emigration is reaching 5..6 millions.

And before that, puppet masters bragged that they outplayed Putin and bought Ukraine for themselves for only 7 billion. :lol:

View attachment 36937

View attachment 36938
Why are you shilling so hard for Putin?

Birdie

So, I haven't listened to Scott Ritter's latest but I hear he has pivoted somehow. I just read this interesting comment on Scott Ritter's latest and NATO:

Ritter says there are new facts that influence the situation. Maybe so, but singing the NATO song in one theater is certainly not bringing those facts to the table.
I counter Ritter like most of the experienced analysts. NATO is a world problem, and not just a European security problem. Good heavens, Japan now wants to either join or get their help and Australia is a NATO town. NATO is attempting to build out as the military force for hegemonic control in the world and Ritter wants us to cower in front of the money and the fear message.
Well, the world has something to say about that. That is where Ritter has narrow thinking.
He also redefines the SMO as Donbass only. Well, he has forgotten what Russia said. Reinterpreting Russia’s message is not wise.
Ritter’s message is now highly suspect. Bear in mind up initially when Andrei and Andrei did analyses as to how fast the Ukraine can fall, it was in the region of one week and it would be pounded to dust. That is still true. Check Martyanov that tries to be kind to him. This initial kindness will not last.
On My Brief Response To Scott Ritter.
“That is why when I hear that some piece of metal and a pile of increasingly diminishing US Dollars are going to make any real tactical, operational, let alone strategic difference in 404, other than being blown up or taken as trophies, I smile. ” (Note, 404, and not Donbass).
Then, Ritter assumes that NATO will remain as it is. There are now 3 votes against Sweden and Finland membership. NATO is going to materially change.
Just going through the mess of data this morning and this idea of NATO creating more depth. We got to know, this is not a one sided affair. Just take a look:
View: https://t.me/intelslava/29268

“Another group of volunteers left Grozny International Airport and went to Donbass.”

Ritter says the Ukraine (I assume the western side) is developing operational depth. Well, let me tell you that the soldiers in the front are walking off the job faster than the depth can save the situation.
And then I’ll continue and say something else (grins). You found me sitting back a little and taking a coffee break. So, Ritter thinks he knows what the Russian strategy is, at least in the Ukraine. He does not, neither do I, neither does anyone else except the Russian leadership.

Perry Staltic

So, I haven't listened to Scott Ritter's latest but I hear he has pivoted somehow. I just read this interesting comment on Scott Ritter's latest and NATO:
“That is why when I hear that some piece of metal and a pile of increasingly diminishing US Dollars are going to make any real tactical, operational, let alone strategic difference in 404, other than being blown up or taken as trophies, I smile. ” (Note, 404, and not Donbass).

What is 404?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom