Thymus growth inhibited by Test/Estrogen but not by DHT

Jamsey

I was reading this post
Haidut talks about thymus suppression by AAS. I started thinking about whether this was applicable to DHT and found this study

“Thymus growth was inhibited by both doses of testosterone and by oestradiol, but not by DHT.”

“The inhibitory action of testosterone on the growing thymus may be due, at least in part, to its conversion to oestradiol.”

brightside

Makes sense. Therefore, not only cortisol, but excess estrogen is bad for the thymus.
Actually, I just saw this in the “Similar threads” section

Seems haidut was already on top of that haha

OP
J

Jamsey

Makes sense. Therefore, not only cortisol, but excess estrogen is bad for the thymus.
Actually, I just saw this in the “Similar threads” section

Seems haidut was already on top of that haha
Ah ***t hahah it hard to find things that haidut hasn’t already found. Yeah as far as I understand estrogen stimulates cortisol release so it makes sense. Dht is supposedly anti cortisol as well.

brightside

Ah ***t hahah it hard to find things that haidut hasn’t already found. Yeah as far as I understand estrogen stimulates cortisol release so it makes sense. Dht is supposedly anti cortisol as well.
Haha I don’t know how he manages to cover everything.

Yep, good stuff!

golder

What would be some good restorative methods for building the thymus for those of us that are slowly rebuilding from a hypothyroid and high cortisol state for decades?

OP
J

Jamsey

What would be some good restorative methods for building the thymus for those of us that are slowly rebuilding from a hypothyroid and high cortisol state for decades?
Haidut to the rescue
Seems that main methods include reducing/blocking cortisol and cortisol stimulation(estrogen/pufa). Protective chemicals such as pregnenolone/dhea/dht/thyroid/glucose that block or inhibit cortisol release should help the thymus rebuild.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals