The Political Subforum Is Unproductive

What should be done with the Political Subforum?

• Leave it alone, it is fine

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Close it

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Subdivide it into different forums that are more specific

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Luann

The ultimate solution is physiological anyway. .

Tbh that's kind of why I vote leave that part of the forum up. If certain users are happy thinking about that stuff, so be it. My method for getting through lunch hour at work is not to try to stop the conversations but just ignore certain ones and find people who want to talk about other stuff.

LUH 3417

I agree with you in some ways. I keep up with politics in my life and see some of the things you are talking about. However you did not address the unproductive aspect. I do not think everything on the political forum is untrue, but unproductive. This is why I added changing the forum structure to the poll. Politics can be a productive discussion point, but at the moment it is squabbling and almost entirely negative. It can be structured to be positive. I think at the moment, the political subforum was added as an afterthought, perhaps to throw topics that touched it, somewhere they would not disturb the rest of the forum. After Trump was elected, the political subsection on this forum really started to get attention and energy directed towards it. That has not stopped. So the political subsection should either be organized in a way that at least a chance of a productive discussion can emerge, or dissolved.

Thank you! I enjoy reading your posts when they do not become repetitive. Perhaps if the anti jewish/antijesuit beliefs stop, you may feel no need to start on it either. I really worry that when people come to the forum and see in the "most recent posts" four subjects on politics and jews, they may run. I believe I would have run if that had been the case when I first came here....kind of like...why on earth is RPF obsessed with jesuits and politics?

This is not my attempt to shut down free speech. If we all got in an unstructured group, and the loudest among us were the only ones heard...then the strongest...it would not be a good public forum for debate, even if free speech was acknowledged. The political subforum is a mob of subjects with little rhyme or reason other then the post topic. Every Jordan Peterson topic has devolved into name calling and conspiracy theories. Topics on feminism devolve into the same. I could go on. I argue for either organization or dissolution. Perhaps it could be tied into aspects of politics that Peat describes ONLY. Or have multiple sub-forums like we do in other parts of the forum.
Why does it need to be productive? Do you mean constructive? Maybe your nervous system can't handle an explosion of truth at once.

LUH 3417

Sorry to inform you but the Internet was built by the Government and has never left their ultimate control. The Internet is called a "net" or a "web" for a reason; every search, post, and message is recorded and analyzed. It is a very clever form of mass surveillance made possible with the willing help of those being surveilled. Google as well as many of the other major Internet companies were funded with CIA seed money for a reason and that reason was not to let you discover who runs the world in one Google search.

The reason you think the Jews run the world is because it is exactly what the real rulers want you to think. The Internet has only made the job of scapegoating them all that much easier. No need to print out pamphlets or hang up posters for the peasants to see. If the Jews really controlled the world then just about every video or website about conspiracies would not be about Jews but about some other minority to scapegoat.

And by the way everyone of your supposed veritable facts is completely untrue. These are just Big Lies repeated over and over until the unthinking believe it.
Didn't Gorbachev or the anesthesia guy call RP autistic? Calling people crazy because they want to discuss unpopular ideas is the oldest trick in the book.

goodandevil

Tbh that's kind of why I vote leave that part of the forum up. If certain users are happy thinking about that stuff, so be it. My method for getting through lunch hour at work is not to try to stop the conversations but just ignore certain ones and find people who want to talk about other stuff.
You make a point. If i coukd supress politics across society i'd do 8t, but it can't be done.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Why does it need to be productive? Do you mean constructive? Maybe your nervous system can't handle an explosion of truth at once.
Well it definitely doesn’t NEED to be productive/truth seeking, but for me to participate in a way that is meaningful, I would like it to be. Hence why I made this thread. And I think others may be in the same position. But if I had put up this poll and all the votes cast were for “leave it alone,” I would have happily gone my merry way and ceded the political subforum ground to whatever nastiness that people want to create.

Unless you have some truth to point out that I am not accepting, I am going to go with being called a CIA tyrant is not an explosion of truth my nervous system is having trouble incorporating.

x-ray peat

Didn't Gorbachev or the anesthesia guy call RP autistic? Calling people crazy because they want to discuss unpopular ideas is the oldest trick in the book.
that is certainly true but I'm not following you with regards to my post.

Arnold Grape

I wonder why is it you just don’t avoid the political forums altogether if you are so bothered by it. These subjects do not come up in any of the health related threads so it would be very easy for you to not to have to deal with it.

More often than not, these completely cringe worthy asides happen in regular forums which makes one dubious of the members of RPF.

x-ray peat

More often than not, these completely cringe worthy asides happen in regular forums which makes one dubious of the members of RPF.
If that's true maybe another idea is to ban politics from the non-politics thread. If its a published rule, then people could just flag it and it would be removed or moved to the politics forum. Personally I dont recall a lot of politics coming up during questions about T3 vs T4 etc

LUH 3417

Well it definitely doesn’t NEED to be productive/truth seeking, but for me to participate in a way that is meaningful, I would like it to be. Hence why I made this thread. And I think others may be in the same position. But if I had put up this poll and all the votes cast were for “leave it alone,” I would have happily gone my merry way and ceded the political subforum ground to whatever nastiness that people want to create.

Unless you have some truth to point out that I am not accepting, I am going to go with being called a CIA tyrant is not an explosion of truth my nervous system is having trouble incorporating.
I understand but the world, and for the that matter the Internet, do not exist for you to make meaning out of. I derive meaning from the political subforum and I would like to see it continue to exist. This is turning into a safe space discussion.

free assoC.I.Ating here

LUH 3417

Ray Peat is the only writer I have come across to connect nutrition (destitution diets) to politics and the intentional dumbing down of the masses.

LUH 3417

that is certainly true but I'm not following you with regards to my post.
have you ever seen the giant spiders by Louise Bourgeois? Reminds me of the spider and the world wide web. She was married to Robert Goldwater. What's in a name?

LUH 3417

have you ever seen the giant spiders by Louise Bourgeois? Reminds me of the spider and the world wide web. She was married to Robert Goldwater. What's in a name?
That just made me think of the rosicrucians. Omg here we go again!

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I understand but the world, and for the that matter the Internet, do not exist for you to make meaning out of. I derive meaning from the political subforum and I would like to see it continue to exist. This is turning into a safe space discussion.

free assoC.I.Ating here
Of course the world exists for that. I choose to live, and the condition on living is deriving meaning from my actions and interests. Of course the internet is here for me to make meaning out of. If it wasn't, I would not participate. My participation is a choice based on the meaning I derive from it. Then your next statement is that you derive meaning from the political sub-forum? Do you realize that your two statements completely contradict each other? Speaking the truth is the exact opposite thing of a safe space, where comfortable lies reign.

Tarmander, it is funny you only refers to conspiracies as theories and never factual. Out of your past 1000 posts, not many are even in the political talk sub forum.
Just because you have more votes for remove the sub form does not mean that there might be people using multiple accounts here to vote. Would be nice to see who is actually voting.

Why don't you post videos, books, info of who you think is behind the cia?

I am not totally up on the different conspiracies/conspiracy theories. I had an old mentor that used to tell me about aliens and how we were all either four types of aliens: reptilians, greys, arcturians, or these beings of light from some other star system. Anyways, you are right. I do not post much in the political section, but I would like to more, and this is my attempt to hopefully raise the conversation quality, and the awareness about that conversation quality, or flush that turd down. It is currently a cesspool driving away truth seeking.

Look I am not a moderator. @charlie or blossom can look at this thread and decide to do nothing. I do not know whether there are multiple accounts voting for one option, or cheating going on in the poll, but I trust that charlie probably does, so he can make that call. Maybe charlie decides to do nothing, in which case I will move along to more meaningful discussions and leave the political sub forum to the Jesuits, who actually run everything with the Reptilians.

I have no idea who is behind the CIA. How is that relevant to my health and life?

LUH 3417

Of course the world exists for that. I choose to live, and the condition on living is deriving meaning from my actions and interests. Of course the internet is here for me to make meaning out of. If it wasn't, I would not participate. My participation is a choice based on the meaning I derive from it. Then your next statement is that you derive meaning from the political sub-forum? Do you realize that your two statements completely contradict each other? Speaking the truth is the exact opposite thing of a safe space, where comfortable lies reign.

I am not totally up on the different conspiracies/conspiracy theories. I had an old mentor that used to tell me about aliens and how we were all either four types of aliens: reptilians, greys, arcturians, or these beings of light from some other star system. Anyways, you are right. I do not post much in the political section, but I would like to more, and this is my attempt to hopefully raise the conversation quality, and the awareness about that conversation quality, or flush that turd down. It is currently a cesspool driving away truth seeking.

Look I am not a moderator. @charlie or blossom can look at this thread and decide to do nothing. I do not know whether there are multiple accounts voting for one option, or cheating going on in the poll, but I trust that charlie probably does, so he can make that call. Maybe charlie decides to do nothing, in which case I will move along to more meaningful discussions and leave the political sub forum to the Jesuits, who actually run everything with the Reptilians.

I have no idea who is behind the CIA. How is that relevant to my health and life?
The thread comes off as you being uncomfortable with the sub forum for whatever reason. Your claim is that it’s not productive. My point was that you have the freedom to derive meaning from whatever you want. Just because you don’t derive meaning from the political subforum does not mean everyone else feels the same way. It would be wrong to shut down the sub forum because you initiated a problem with it do to its lack of productivity.

Your stance is similar to arguments people who advocate for safe spaces make. Just because it doesn’t serve you doesn’t mean it doesn’t serve others.

The CIA has a lot to do with health and presumably intelligence.

LUH 3417

Cesspool, turd...
Still not following your meaning.
You posted about the internet being a result of CIA seed money and likened it to a spiders web. It made me think of a famous artist named Louise Bourgeois, whose work is currently experiencing a celebration and resurgence in museums around the world.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

The thread comes off as you being uncomfortable with the sub forum for whatever reason. Your claim is that it’s not productive. My point was that you have the freedom to derive meaning from whatever you want. Just because you don’t derive meaning from the political subforum does not mean everyone else feels the same way. It would be wrong to shut down the sub forum because you initiated a problem with it do to its lack of productivity.

Your stance is similar to arguments people who advocate for safe spaces make. Just because it doesn’t serve you doesn’t mean it doesn’t serve others.

The CIA has a lot to do with health and presumably intelligence.

No, no no no no. You are completely misunderstanding me and putting some other BS on my from your own mind. "This thread comes off as you being uncomfortable with the sub forum for whatever reason." I have given a detailed explanation for my views, and people are free to contend with them. But you putting this vague "comes off" BS on me is totally inaccurate. Address a point I made; be better.

And of course there are people who get value and meaning out of the current political sub-forum, and I have every right in the world to challenge that. Some people really like to rob Walmart. Should we not object to that because they are deriving meaning from that? The poor thieves, they are just trying to derive meaning from life in their own way! It is not wrong to shut down the sub forum if a consensus is reached, even if people gain value from it as is, if there are ample reasons. I have given mine, and am happy to expand on that if you want to.

lol @ Jesuits who run everything, and then have no idea who is behind the cia.
So post videos, books, info then to show your view.

This is not the health forum, but government agencies are relevant to our health/life by having access to various products. Many Peat approved products are banned or hard to get in many countries.
Whoosh!

LUH 3417

No, no no no no. You are completely misunderstanding me and putting some other BS on my from your own mind. "This thread comes off as you being uncomfortable with the sub forum for whatever reason." I have given a detailed explanation for my views, and people are free to contend with them. But you putting this vague "comes off" BS on me is totally inaccurate. Address a point I made; be better.

And of course there are people who get value and meaning out of the current political sub-forum, and I have every right in the world to challenge that. Some people really like to rob Walmart. Should we not object to that because they are deriving meaning from that? The poor thieves, they are just trying to derive meaning from life in their own way! It is not wrong to shut down the sub forum if a consensus is reached, even if people gain value from it as is, if there are ample reasons. I have given mine, and am happy to expand on that if you want to.

Whoosh!
Are you constipated? You keep mentioning ***t, bull****, turd, cesspool

x-ray peat

You posted about the internet being a result of CIA seed money and likened it to a spiders web. It made me think of a famous artist named Louise Bourgeois, whose work is currently experiencing a celebration and resurgence in museums around the world.
That part I got, but no worries. I did learn something new about $10 million spider sculptures. Now that must be a conspiracy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals