The Political Subforum Is Unproductive

What should be done with the Political Subforum?

• Leave it alone, it is fine

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Close it

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Subdivide it into different forums that are more specific

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

michael94

$22 million to be precise.
Speaking of Art, it's one of the best proofs that his-story is completely up in the air past 150-200 years old. That plus the points Fomenko makes (not that his "New Chronology" is right, though).

goodandevil

aXm2354xjU.jpg
aXm2337xjU.jpg
aXm4153xjU.jpg

X3CyO

I think the most important point to consider is this: Newcomers to the forum who don't know much or anything about Peat are very likely to see some of the threads in the political subforum while exploring the site. If they disagree with the things that are being discussed there (and they probably will) then they may conclude that the entire forum is populated by kooks* and is not worth their time. They'll never bother with the forum again, never taking those necessary first steps to understand the value of the Peaty discussions that take place on this site. For the sake of the health of the people who have not yet discovered this forum and Peat's work, the political discussions should be stopped or moved to a different website.

*I'm not accusing anyone of being a kook. I'm saying that this is the impression some people will get.

I agree

DaveFoster

Ray Peat is the only writer I have come across to connect nutrition (destitution diets) to politics and the intentional dumbing down of the masses.
Nietzsche as well. There's tidbits of Tolstoy about diet and drugs. It's just not often the main focus.

It appears in Hinduism and many fascist authors as well (because many draw upon Hindu esotericism for inspiration).

Leo Tolstoy on Tobacco

@cats
@X3CyO

There's very little uniformity in beliefs on this forum, and you'd hardly want the kind of thinkers who view heterogeneity of thought and think, "This is weird. I need my safe space."

LUH 3417

Nietzsche as well. There's tidbits of Tolstoy about diet and drugs. It's just not often the main focus.

It appears in Hinduism and many fascist authors as well (because many draw upon Hindu esotericism for inspiration).

Leo Tolstoy on Tobacco

@cats
@X3CyO

There's very little uniformity in beliefs on this forum, and you'd hardly want the kind of thinkers who view heterogeneity of thought and think, "This is weird. I need my safe space."
Do you remember where in Nietzsche? I have some vague memory of him making a link between raw meat and Roman gladiators.

DaveFoster

Do you remember where in Nietzsche? I have some vague memory of him making a link between raw meat and Roman gladiators.
History of Vegetarianism - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (1844-1900)

There's certainly a repeated reference to vegetarianism amongst esoteric (particularly Hindu-inspired philosophers.) I recently commented on Julius Evola, but also Samitri Devi practiced vegetarianism, and animal rights, vegetarianism and deep ecology was often emphasized in esotericism.

There's certainly something to be said about excessive meat consumption "lowering one's consciousness," but maybe some of these thinkers had protein deficiencies.

Some people really like to rob Walmart. Should we not object to that because they are deriving meaning from that? The poor thieves, they are just trying to derive meaning from life in their own way!

What's wrong with stealing from walmart?

It is not wrong to shut down the sub forum if a consensus is reached, even if people gain value from it as is, if there are ample reasons. I have given mine, and am happy to expand on that if you want to.

Mob+Rule.jpg

He said something like the English will always have power over the irish as long as one eats a diet of meat and the other a diet of potato

LUH 3417

History of Vegetarianism - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (1844-1900)

There's certainly a repeated reference to vegetarianism amongst esoteric (particularly Hindu-inspired philosophers.) I recently commented on Julius Evola, but also Samitri Devi practiced vegetarianism, and animal rights, vegetarianism and deep ecology was often emphasized in esotericism.

There's certainly something to be said about excessive meat consumption "lowering one's consciousness," but maybe some of these thinkers had protein deficiencies.
Thank you. I know a few vegetarians who are very impressionable and somewhat confused.

goodandevil

I wonder if Jordan Peterson shops at Walmart
Nothimg wrong with stealijg from walmart, that's our god-given right as americans. Walmart has ****88 over the country and every small town id steal the whole store if i could. Anybody that steals frkm walmart is a hero as far as im concerned. Hell no it's.not wrong. At my local walmart they fired all the grandmas on medicare, then they told the young people that monitor the self-checkout kiosks that they cant find checkout people, and thats why they have this self-bagging ***t in now.

It's there to satisfy the confrontation cravings of those that enjoy it. Of course you will never see a thread reach a logical conclusion to a matter and see people's ideas changing in real time. People's minds might change because of it, but only over a long time and as a result of many such "inconclusive" threads. But I commend the sheer amount of energy required to engage in that bickering day in and day out.

Don't you understand. The rich decide what's right and wrong.

Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it. -Andrew Young, author, civil rights activist, US congressman, mayor, and UN ambassador

Petty theft is wrong. Stealing billions? Perfectly legal.

The petty thief is imprisoned but the big thief becomes a feudal lord.- ZHUANGZI, The Complete Works of Chuang Tzu

Nothimg wrong with stealijg from walmart, that's our god-given right as americans. Walmart has ****88 over the country and every small town id steal the whole store if i could. Anybody that steals frkm walmart is a hero as far as im concerned. Hell no it's.not wrong. At my local walmart they fired all the grandmas on medicare, then they told the young people that monitor the self-checkout kiosks that they cant find checkout people, and thats why they have this self-bagging ***t in now.

I have seen that myself. Walmart is an enemy of the people. The devil always comes bearing gifts...or in this case ridiculously low prices

thomas00

For as long as the forum carries Ray's name, I think the political forum should go.

LUH 3417

Don't you understand. The rich decide what's right and wrong.

Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it. -Andrew Young, author, civil rights activist, US congressman, mayor, and UN ambassador

Petty theft is wrong. Stealing billions? Perfectly legal.

The petty thief is imprisoned but the big thief becomes a feudal lord.- ZHUANGZI, The Complete Works of Chuang Tzu

I have seen that myself. Walmart is an enemy of the people. The devil always comes bearing gifts...or in this case ridiculously low prices
That’s pretty clear. The book link is about how Walmart is destroying the world.

kyle

I think the most important point to consider is this: Newcomers to the forum who don't know much or anything about Peat are very likely to see some of the threads in the political subforum while exploring the site. If they disagree with the things that are being discussed there (and they probably will) then they may conclude that the entire forum is populated by kooks* and is not worth their time. They'll never bother with the forum again, never taking those necessary first steps to understand the value of the Peaty discussions that take place on this site. For the sake of the health of the people who have not yet discovered this forum and Peat's work, the political discussions should be stopped or moved to a different website.

*I'm not accusing anyone of being a kook. I'm saying that this is the impression some people will get.

Just a reminder, Peat's views on nutrition and medicine are as "kooky" as it gets.

X3CyO

Just a reminder, Peat's views on nutrition and medicine are as "kooky" as it gets.

I think compromised people have an easier time changing their nutrition first before their environment, and would be better off taking in all the information piece by piece focusing on the important stuff to them that they feel they can change first.

my opinion is just in regards to what shows up on the front page when you're here. I don't think the politics topic area should be removed entirely or not be searchable. A customized feed blacklisting politics, society, and stuff for newcomers should be fine, but Im certain most people that are already signed up here can handle seeing topics that they don't agree with, and wouldn't use the filter for anything other than maybe focusing on posts from reputable members or something along those lines. (although you can already do that with the search function so...)

Honestly I don't care, but I think compromised people care, and this forum is supposed to cater to those people to get them to a non compromised state where they can feel that they don't have to care either.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals