The meme that shrimp are the roaches of the sea

worrywart

I love shrimp and feel good when I eat them, but that's a gross thought.

Of course you can google it and people will say things like "Shrimps are subphylum crustacea, whereas cockroaches are subphylum hexapoda. That's roughly the distance between a human and a sea squirt", and that's probably true, but they do look quite similar. Is there anything to the shrimps = roaches meme?

Mauritio

I love shrimp and feel good when I eat them, but that's a gross thought.

Of course you can google it and people will say things like "Shrimps are subphylum crustacea, whereas cockroaches are subphylum hexapoda. That's roughly the distance between a human and a sea squirt", and that's probably true, but they do look quite similar. Is there anything to the shrimps = roaches meme?
I doubt cockroaches have the same nutritional value as shrimps, since they dont asborb minerals from sea water.

OP
W

worrywart

I doubt cockroaches have the same nutritional value as shrimps, since they dont asborb minerals from sea water.

There's something uncannily disgusting about cockroaches though. They're so gross it feels evil. And I can't help but notice how similar shrimp and roaches look.

Mauritio

There's something uncannily disgusting about cockroaches though. They're so gross it feels evil. And I can't help but notice how similar shrimp and roaches look.
I dont see the problem. Eat em or dont eat em. Its up to you.

OP
W

worrywart

I realize I'm being a barbarian. Superstitious thinking. Looking closer into it the species are quite remote from each other, of course.

I'm pretty sure it's my OCD. I once wondered (knowing all the while it was a foolish fear) if viruses could be transmitted from a smart TV to a video game console through an HDMI cable. You get so worried over a possibility, however infinitesimal or outright absurd, that the OCD latches onto it and a 0,0000001% possibility (or an outright impossibility) becomes a 100% certainty.

The OCD worry overrides rational thinking. Same thing happens with my contamination OCD and my scrupulosity OCD. It's like it hijacks your brain.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob says shrimp are unhealthy to eat. The Lord is never wrong.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals