Starting To Realize Literally Everything In Life Is Related To Energy/nothing Else Really Matters

Luann

I'm just a more deliberate and selective person when I'm feeling good. I'm more likely to tell someone unneessary to get lost but also more likely to get things done via teamwork.

somuch4food

I'm just a more deliberate and selective person when I'm feeling good. I'm more likely to tell someone unneessary to get lost but also more likely to get things done via teamwork.

Yeah, I've felt low energy almost all my life. Conflict and affirmation have always been difficult for me as they drain my energy even more. When I feel good, I don't mind butting heads as much.

Kelj

Unfortunately, I came to realize it isn't quite this simple. I spent 6 months eating an abundance of calories and all that happened is I got fat. 90 lbs of fat. For some people just eating more very well may work I suppose. And now that I'm fat I'm screwed because that is 90 lbs of aromatizing mass that is making me extremely estrogen dominant. I have to eat virtually zero dietary fat now in an attempt to make the fat budge.

Calories is absolutely needed but if it were this simple we wouldn't have so many problem cases (like myself) on these forums. I was misled by others like Nathan Hatch who just say eat more too. Does not work. At least not for me.

Now I am going for more reasonable calorie levels and trying to optimize the types of foods (low protein low fat, high carb).
I sympathize. I've been there. I gained 50 pounds. I suspect I'm shorter than you. You know who knows about these things? Eating Disorder recovery people. Kayla Rose Kotecki @ Damn the Diets and Tabitha Farrar are You Tubers who talk about their experiences. The edinstitute website explains a lot. It all tracks with my experience. The only way out of the loop of restriction》weight gain》restriction》weight gain is persisting through the final, weight gain until the weight loss begins and fat storage never has to occur again. Everyone recovering from disordered eating gains weight at first, even if they were not underweight when they began to eat abundant calories. At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to mislead you, I want to tell you what happened to me. I gained weight for about 8 months, but then it began to come down again. It all began to come down in spite of my eating more than ever before, more sugar than ever before. I had lost a lot of muscle during restriction, but the muscle came back without any exercise except normal life, and I was resting a lot because with the recovery comes fatigue at first, your body's way of sparing your energy for the repairs it can finally do. The weight comes off at your brain's direction. Estrogen is released from fat stores, yes. Your brain regulates it, but there are some unpleasant side effects. I was fascinated to discover that the brain controls the release of fat, sometimes choosing detoxification through the liver, as Ray describes, and sometimes oxidation, producing ketones with its tell-tale symptoms. I never tried in any way to induce either effect. I just ate anything I wanted, which is true intuitive eating. Sometimes more food, sometimes less, sometimes a lot of a particular food for a day, then none the next day because it revolted me. Ray says we have several biological mechanisms by which our body lets us know what we need. That is my experience. I have steadily lost weight, skin tone returns with this kind of weight loss and I have become 100% well, no longer plagued by any of the pain and symptoms I had developed. I think the body handles all these things, estrogen dominance, how to eliminate the fat, what to heal, in what order, as long as we are doing our job giving it the raw materials to work with. I had a temperature of 95.3 f. when I started eating enough, with other syptoms of underactive thyroid when I began to eat enough. Now, I have a fast metabolism. Eating enough is such a joy that life begins to look really great long before your weight is back to normal. I really wish you well whatever you do.

sunraiser

It would help if we could get an overhaul of the medical system to you know, actually help people. I know there's a lot of talk for providing health care for all people, and I'm not going to debate that point (I think you know my stance on this already from previous debates). That isn't even helpful anyway because Big Pharma is mucking everything up. There are a few anti-aging doctors out there, but they're rare... your average doctor is not that helpful. So just making health care free would not address peoples' health problems.

When I get properly well and have proper clarity of mind to do it, I am thinking I'll write a book, maybe even think of some small business I can create to try to start spreading the word on how to actually get well.

I suffered a lot from depression and even now, while I'm not depressed anymore, rarely am "excited" about life either. The only thing that keeps me going is that I know being healthy is achievable, and that's what motivates me to keep at it. However, if how I feel now is what I would feel forever, I don't know that I'd have the motivation to keep at it. Life is so dull, uninteresting and uninspiring when you feel bad. I still have no hobbies or anything I do except incessantly research and apply health theories. I still have virtually no social life or anything I do outside of watch TV or video games simply because I lack the energy to do so.

I understand the feelings you're describing. I went through an extreme amount of stress when I was in my early to mid teens and it made me completely socially incapable. Self consciousness for no reason and absolutely no social spontaneity (could not hold convo) despite having very high self esteem. I wonder if it was compounded by the energy demands of puberty, or if the vaccinations we have (in the UK) around that age put another burden my system simply couldn't handle.

Anyway, it's strange that some people are only mildly socially affected by poor metabolic health and yet others go into near-autism mode. I wonder if it has something to do with viral burden and it's just pure bad luck. I know Paul Jaminet thinks along those lines.

The state of anhedonia you've experienced for a long time is also really similar to me. I had a span of years of only finding pleasure in more and more complex music and intensely competitive computer games. I actually had a lot of success with asceticism for a good few years but it was also quite stressful and I realised I wasn't healing, merely coping without being able to thrive.

Did you take accutane or any other long-ish term strong pharmaceutical, out of interest? We genuinely seem to have had very similar states of physiology - I can completely relate to the incessant research phase!! I had a point where I just gave in and started listening to my intuition more.

I think recovering energy via diet is possible but challenging, especially when one has made supplemental interventions. Recovering energy via craved sunshine makes things far easier, though. If I'd been in a position to get consistent sun a few years ago I think I would've saved myself an awful lot of trouble!

Last edited:

sunraiser

I sympathize. I've been there. I gained 50 pounds. I suspect I'm shorter than you. You know who knows about these things? Eating Disorder recovery people. Kayla Rose Kotecki @ Damn the Diets and Tabitha Farrar are You Tubers who talk about their experiences. The edinstitute website explains a lot. It all tracks with my experience. The only way out of the loop of restriction》weight gain》restriction》weight gain is persisting through the final, weight gain until the weight loss begins and fat storage never has to occur again. Everyone recovering from disordered eating gains weight at first, even if they were not underweight when they began to eat abundant calories. At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to mislead you, I want to tell you what happened to me. I gained weight for about 8 months, but then it began to come down again. It all began to come down in spite of my eating more than ever before, more sugar than ever before. I had lost a lot of muscle during restriction, but the muscle came back without any exercise except normal life, and I was resting a lot because with the recovery comes fatigue at first, your body's way of sparing your energy for the repairs it can finally do. The weight comes off at your brain's direction. Estrogen is released from fat stores, yes. Your brain regulates it, but there are some unpleasant side effects. I was fascinated to discover that the brain controls the release of fat, sometimes choosing detoxification through the liver, as Ray describes, and sometimes oxidation, producing ketones with its tell-tale symptoms. I never tried in any way to induce either effect. I just ate anything I wanted, which is true intuitive eating. Sometimes more food, sometimes less, sometimes a lot of a particular food for a day, then none the next day because it revolted me. Ray says we have several biological mechanisms by which our body lets us know what we need. That is my experience. I have steadily lost weight, skin tone returns with this kind of weight loss and I have become 100% well, no longer plagued by any of the pain and symptoms I had developed. I think the body handles all these things, estrogen dominance, how to eliminate the fat, what to heal, in what order, as long as we are doing our job giving it the raw materials to work with. I had a temperature of 95.3 f. when I started eating enough, with other syptoms of underactive thyroid when I began to eat enough. Now, I have a fast metabolism. Eating enough is such a joy that life begins to look really great long before your weight is back to normal. I really wish you well whatever you do.

Excellent to hear that you're feeling well.

My experience is that it's important to differentiate between low calorie intake via restriction and low calorie intake via poor metabolic health. Forcing eating, just like @Cirion describes, was an extremely bad decision for me. To be VERY clear though, I never had a history of intentional restrictive eating.

I get what you're saying but I don't 100% agree. The personality of introverts are not "Fixed". I become far more sociable once my metabolism is improved. In fact, my transformation is incredible. If you have met me at my lowest point vs. my highest point, you'd think I was a different person. I turn from introvert to extravert almost. I also become a lot more driven in my goals and at work and with dating etc. I become someone totally different.

I'd even go so far as to say the reason why so many people become introverts is because they have lived their life with low energy/metabolism. I can say that this is the case for me.

Or maybe it's I've always been somewhat extravert but just never knew it? Who knows. I doubt it because I am NOT sociable AT ALL when my metabolism is poor, I just want to be a hermit. Lol.
I agree. Things like alcohol, which, as OP has said, doens't really give you energy( just makes you think that you do have a ton of energy), make most people very social and funny.

Also, people who are intorverts, in my experience, have very little muscle and are pale, which indicates a slow metabolism, with low CO2 as a consequence.

Dobbler

I agree. Things like alcohol, which, as OP has said, doens't really give you energy( just makes you think that you do have a ton of energy), make most people very social and funny.

Also, people who are intorverts, in my experience, have very little muscle and are pale, which indicates a slow metabolism, with low CO2 as a consequence.
Well that is just stupid generalisation i would expect from an extrovert.

Well that is just stupid generalisation i would expect from an extrovert.
Lol do you think I'm an extrovert? That seems like a stupid assumption

Kelj

My experience is that it's important to differentiate between low calorie intake via restriction and low calorie intake via poor metabolic health. Forcing eating, just like @Cirion describes, was an extremely bad decision for me. To be VERY clear though, I never had a history of intentional restrictive eating.
Thank you! I completely agree. I never intentionally restricted, either. I just kept eliminating "unhealthy foods" until I was accidentally undereating. I agree that forcing yourself to eat is a bad idea. I also think that forcing yourself not to eat something your body wants, at the time it wants it, in the amount it is enjoying is disordered eating. True intuitive eating is how the body stays well or makes itself well when necessary.

DaveFoster

High energy, empathic, sociable, kind, high metabolic people are generally excluded from society.
Empathy does not derive from a high energy state. It's related to the fear response. When you feel scared and uncertain, you empathize more with others. It's also related to a high commitment personality type, which correlates with cancer. Empathy contains an inward rumination and falsely portrayed understanding of another's troubles; it contours the pain of others to one's own experience. You quite literally experience the pain of another. Sympathy, on the other hand, interprets the suffering of another and transforms it into a positive force, then reciprocated back to the other.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Empathy does not derive from a high energy state. It's related to the fear response. When you feel scared and uncertain, you empathize more with others. It's also related to a high commitment personality type, which correlates with cancer. Empathy contains an inward rumination and falsely portrayed understanding of another's troubles; it contours the pain of others to one's own experience. You quite literally experience the pain of another. Sympathy, on the other hand, interprets the suffering of another and transforms it into a positive force, then reciprocated back to the other.
Where is this information from

Inaut

I have to say....I think this introvert/extrovert thing is rather trivial... It’s an easy way of generalizing traits but we all have qualities of both at different times... jmo

Cirion

From reading and working with Nathan Hatch I got the impression that I should just eat as much as possible, and early on I made the mistake that things like ice cream you can eat as much as you want. The problem is that there are some "hyper satisfying" foods that bypass your normal hunger signals and ice cream is a great example of that. I could eat and eat and eat haagen dazs all day long. The other problem is that dairy is just not meant for human consumption I now believe. In fact I'd actually go so far as to say it was dairy that made me gain 90 lbs. It's too high in fat and eating high fat and high carb is a recipe for massive fat gain especially with someone who is hypo. I do agree one should eat to feeling satisfied, but it should come primarily from carbs. Otherwise, you're just gonna have run-ins with the randle cycle and get fat. I also recently discovered that you can also over-do it on protein. Protein floods your system with serotonin via the tryptophan pathway, generates ammonia, and feeds bacteria. Carbohydrate is the only macronutrient that is hard to over-do it on. Assuming fat and proteins are limited.

DaveFoster

Where is this information from
Empathy's an adaptive response to trauma. It serves a necessary function in some instances. The "high-commitment" person features risk-aversion.

REFERENCES
  1. Jeon D, Shin H-S. A mouse model for observational fear learning and the empathetic response. Curr Protoc Neurosci. 2011 Oct;Chapter 8:Unit 8.27. "Research on observed fear and its relation to human mental disorders has been hampered by the lack of a suitable animal model. The empathetic response, which is impaired in various mental disorders, requires the ability to recognize the emotions and feelings of others. Due to the lack of a robust behavioral assay system, studies of empathy in laboratory animals have been absent from the literature. This unit describes a protocol for assessing social observational fear learning as a precursor of empathy in the mouse. In this assay, the observer animal is conditioned for context-dependent fear by observing the behavior of the demonstrator animal receiving aversive stimuli. The magnitude of the fear response of the observer is positively influenced by the animal's familiarity with the demonstrator. This indicates that the degree of familiarity, and its relationship to empathy, can be modeled in an animal system by a method relevant to human disease."
  2. Olderbak S, Sassenrath C, Keller J, Wilhelm O. An emotion-differentiated perspective on empathy with the emotion specific empathy questionnaire. Front Psychol [Internet]. 2014 Jul 1 [cited 2019 Apr 2];5. Available from: An emotion-differentiated perspective on empathy with the emotion specific empathy questionnaire First, we refer to a prominent theoretical model of empathy, the Perception-Action Model (PAM) of empathy (cf. Preston and de Waal, 2002; Preston and Stansfield, 2008; Preston and Hofelich, 2012), which (implicitly) assumes emotion specific empathy. PAM assumes that for an empathic reaction to occur, the observer (i.e., the subject) must attend to another individual's (i.e., the object's) emotional state. By attending to the object's state, the subject's neural representations of similar states are automatically activated, thus, other-oriented object-congruent reactions are facilitated. Herein, PAM provides a theoretical framework that relates empathy to concepts such as facial mimicry (e.g., Sonnby-Borgström et al., 2003), emotional contagion (e.g., Blairy et al., 1999), and recognizing emotions in the face (e.g., Dimberg et al., 2011). PAM suggests that highly empathic individuals are those who are more successful and/or more motivated to attend to others' emotional states and thereby often have similar neural representations consequentially activated. "
  3. Eskelinen M, Ollonen P. Assessment of “cancer-prone personality” characteristics in healthy study subjects and in patients with breast disease and breast cancer using the commitment questionnaire: a prospective case-control study in Finland. Anticancer Res. 2011 Nov;31(11):4013–7. The findings of a repressed expression of emotions in cancer patients contributed to the hypothesis developed by Lydia Temoshok of a type C personality ('cancer-prone'). To the Authors' knowledge, the associations between the 'cancer-prone personality' characteristics in commitment test and the risk of breast cancer (BC) have rarely been considered together in a prospective study. In summary, patients with BC tended to have an increased risk for bearing the 'high commitment' characteristic and this pattern could contribute to cancer risk through immune and hormonal pathways.

LUH 3417

The ability to be alone and focus on creative mental tasks requires lots of energy. I think many “introverts” created great art and literature, although I really don’t subscribe to the introvert/extrovert binary. Solitary reflection may naturally follow a stimulating social interaction, not because a person is drained from socializing. Perhaps integration and creation require rest and relaxation.

Regina

:nailbiting::eek:

yerrag

I'll add that having the energy, coupled with the innate intelligence to use it wisely (or appropriately), is important. This is having the energy to develop as well as the energy to survive. To develop requires maximal energy while to survive conservation is more appropriate. In protective inhibition, maximal energy isn't optimal.

T

TheBeard

Empathy does not derive from a high energy state. It's related to the fear response. When you feel scared and uncertain, you empathize more with others.

Completely the opposite in my case.

When I wake up rested and feel like I have high energy from morning to evening, I experience no fear whatsoever, calm, relaxed, assertive, and my empathy towards others is high.

When I have low energy, my muscles feel and look flat, I have brain fog, I have a fear response to even the slightest stare in the street, I snap at people for no reason, and I couldn’t care less if they died.

Broken man

High metabolic energy is what develops a good personality, relaxed, empathetic, witty, etc. Low metabolic energy results in autism, inflexibility, narrow-mindedness, etc.

High metabolic energy leads to high intelligence, capable of seeing the big picture, strong intuition, etc. Low metabolic energy leads to either a poorly developed intelligence or an intelligence that is excessively focused on rules and details, not seeing the forest for the trees.

High metabolic energy leads to sociability, both because of the good personality that develops and also the energy to actually be social. Low metabolic energy leads to isolation both because interaction is draining and because of bad disposition as a result of poor brain development.

High metabolic energy leads to physical attractiveness, good hair, good skin, good proportionality. Low metabolic energy leads to asymmetry.

High metabolic energy leads to optimism, happiness, motivation to work hard in life. Low metabolic energy leads to depression and apathy.

High metabolic energy leads to long-life and health. Low metabolic energy leads to cancer, heart disease, dementia in the long-run.

"Cool" "Great" "Winners" are just people who exhibits the traits of having ample amounts of metabolic energy. "Lame" "Weak" "Losers" are just people who exhibit the traits of having very little metabolic energy. (Speaking of overall personality types in the long-run, not just short-term behaviors.)

Animals spend all day searching for food, which is a source of energy. Humans once used to do this, but now spend most of their time in work to make money, which is really nothing but an abstract sort of energy (as opposed to food, which is a concrete sort of energy), which shows that it's in every creature's instincts to spend its life maximizing its energy stores as much as possible.

However, there is a problem in the above system, and that is where estrogen comes into play. Without estrogen, people are at the mercy of fate...if they were born with high metabolic energy, everything in life will play out for them (as long as they do not "sin" which is nothing but something that expends a lot of energy AKA orgasm, alcohol, which feel good precisely because they expend a lot of energy), whereas if they were born with low metabolic energy, their lives would be painful. However, estrogen, by increasing the perception of energy even though there actually isn't an increase in biological energy (AKA by increasing excitotoxic energy) allows people to break free of the fate imposed on them by the amount of biological energy (thyroid) they were born with. However, this comes at the expense of a shortened life span.

Drinking coffee, taking thyroid or aspirin directly, or retaining your breath to increase CO2, because they all increase biological energy, allow you to both break free of fate and not have to resort to life-shortening, estrogenic energy (which is not actually energy but just an increased perception of energy).
Interesting view of the world and energy. But I dont know if I can agree with you on characteristic traits of "high metabolism" person and about sex or alcohol too.

Last edited:
OP
L

lampofred

So even I dont know what Is the purpose of this thread, I will write my opinion too. I think its more complicated. With all the character traits you wrote, it can be said that its not true.

Interesting view of the world and energy. But I dont know if I can agree with you on characteristic traits of "high metabolism" person and about sex or alcohol too.

You can't just say that it's not true and that you don't know if you agree and then not explain lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals