• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

How Physical Text Layout Affects Reading From Screen

Amazoniac

http://www.eldritch.org/erskin/temp/layout_on_screen.pdf
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01449290410001715714)

Margins definitely have an effect, little attention was given to it. What's behind your monitor can behave as a second margin as well, affecting contrast, etc.
Just like we tilt our head and look on different directions to think or remember, perhaps there's a difference in reading with your head pointing down (tablets, papers) or straight (screens).
I suppose the the height of your eyes in relation to the monitor can alter the perception too, almost a feeling of being immersed if you're too low.
Such would say that when people are scratching their head to think, they are trying to concentrate the energy there. He would also say that you need to have plenty of energy to have good posture to keep your head straight when sitting because life develops from a fetal and contracted position, and as you develop, to an expansive as long as the energy demands are met (Generative Energy cover).
I'm mentioning this because I suppose that an energized landlord can probably adapt to variations better than someone that is not. An app that allows you to customize the text to your liking is probably the best option: some people would need larger texts and narrower paragraphs to be able to follow the information, someone in a better mental condition would probably prefer something that allows more information per area.
Mittir used to force narrower paragraphs on purpose because he thought that they were more comfortable for most people. #visionary

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
miquelangeles WHO: The physical presence of the child at the vaccination session, is considered to imply consent Vaccines 13
Mauritio Investing in physical silver Miscellaneous 29
bluefish Improving / increasing mental ability after expending physical energy Health 5
G The role of glycation in the pathogenesis of aging and its prevention through herbal products and physical exercise Scientific Studies 1
R Get a high metabolism with so much physical effort, help me 🙏 Metabolism 53
R Childhood spanking is linked to adverse physical, psychological, and behavioral outcomes in adolescence Scientific Studies 83
H Effects of Physical Activity at High Altitude on Hormonal Profiles in Foreign Trekkers and Indigenous Nepalese Porters Scientific Studies 0
T Why can't I tolerate sugar on benzos? (It gives me severe physical anxiety) Ask For Help or Advice 14
T I got advice from herbalist James Sloane for physical anxiety caused by benzos what do you guys think? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Mauritio Allithiamine increases physical performance 7-fold, increases glycogen storage and glucose utilization Science 12
EchoTango How to obtain physical copies of Peat's books? Book Recommendations 7
T I took my valium 12 mg dose 21 minutes too late this morning and now have physical anxiety/withdrawal Ask For Help or Advice 9
T I inhaled chimney smoke from the boiler outside, now I got physical anxiety hours later Ask For Help or Advice 1
T Will lemon balm help against benzodiazepine's physical anxiety? Ask For Help or Advice 21
J Need Help With Physical Issues Ask For Help or Advice 1
T I Missed My 5 Mg Evening Dose Of Valium, Now Have More Physical Anxiety Is This Neurological Damage? Ask For Help or Advice 33
Twohandsondeck Ron Wyatt Finds, Tests, And Proves The PHYSICAL Blood Of Christ W/ Chromosome Count & WBC Activity Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 15
vrd2107 Acute Physical Symptoms Of Anxiety/Panic Despite Mood Mental Issues 2
U Are There Any Health Benefits From Weightlifting In A Presence Of Physical Job? Metabolism 1
K Is This The Physical Address Of Dr Ray Peat? Ask For Help or Advice 7
E Improve Mentally/fatigue After Impressive Physical Transformation (w Pics) Ask For Help or Advice 15
C Is There Any Exercise That Can Sustainably Improve Physical Function Without Tanking Metabolism? Exercise 33
jzeno What Are Some Of The Hard (physical) Investments You've Made In Your Health With The Best Dividends? Health 1
bluefish How To Have Focus And Energy After A Day Of Physical Labor Ask For Help or Advice 22
C Personality And Physical Health, Cause Or Consequence? Mental Issues 19
Mito Health Outcomes Of A High Fructose Intake: The Importance Of Physical Activity Articles & Scientific Studies 46
jzeno [Discussion] President Trump's Annual Physical Results (January 2018) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 55
L The Interplay Between Magnesium And Testosterone In Modulating Physical Function In Men Magnesium 0
R Social Ostracism Causes Damage To Physical And Mental Health; As Strong Or More Than Bullying Articles & Scientific Studies 24
kayumochi Increased Physical Activity Associated With Less Weight Regain Six Years After “The Biggest Loser” Weight 0
haidut High Levels Of (endurance) Physical Activity Increase Risk Of CVD Scientific Studies 18
encerent Do Physical Ways Of Stimulating The Thyroid Increase Thyroid Hormone Production? Ask For Help or Advice 11
haidut Finasteride Causes Physical Damage To Nerves, Depression, ED, Steroid Imbalance Scientific Studies 39
C OJ + Chicken Drumstick + Hard Physical Work = Low Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 4
Atma Physical Lightness & Energy Flow? Weight 3
haidut Physical Stress Or Night-shift Work Decrease Female Fertility Scientific Studies 2
M Magnesium Improves Both Physical AND Mental Performance Supplements 7
D Effects Of Exercise And Physical Fitness On Prolactin Secretion In Athlethes Vs Sedentary Scientific Studies 2
AJC Very Low Fat Peat Diet And Physical Changes Diet 40
haidut Fundamental Physical "constants" May Change Over Time Science 6
J Antioxidants prevent health-promoting effects of physical exercise in humans Articles & Scientific Studies 3
D Advice on physical changes/diet? Diet 6
charlie Researchers Find Significant Link to Daily Physical Activity, Vascular Health Miscellaneous Health Discussions 1
D What physical labourious outside jobs are there? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 21
charlie Physical Activity and Inflammatory Markers Over 10 Years... Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Braveheart White House to Ask SMS Carriers to Monitor Vaccine ‘Misinformation’ in Private Text Messages Vaccines 3
P Full Access to MRNA Text Science 6
L Got An "Extreme Emergency: STAY HOME" Text Yesterday; Today I See Jets Spraying A Thick White Thing Breaking News 69
P Hello, Wall Of Text Ahead Meet & Greet 3
ivy Text Book Symptoms? + Labwork Interpretation Blood Work, Labs 11