Soda Maker Recommendations for Magnesium Bicarb Water?

freyasam

I'm going to order a soda maker to make magnesium bicarbonate water at home. I want to avoid plastic as much as possible, and save money in the long run.

Was thinking of the Soda Stream Aqua Fizz because it's the only soda maker I found that can operate with glass carafes.

But you're not supposed to carbonate anything other than water in this.

How would this work-- just add the magnesium hydroxide powder after carbonating the water?

Anyone try any other soda makers? Any advice before I purchase?

Tips welcome from experienced mag bicarb makers!

Honeycomb

@freyasam I don’t know if it’s the same model that you are looking at but I recently bought the Soda Stream Crystal Sparkling Water Maker and I am really happy with it. The carafe is glass and that is why I chose that model too. I didn’t want plastic and after searching for ages I settled for that one. It’s super simple to use and makes great sparkling water, as bubbly as you want it. I put filtered water in and have sparkling water made in no time. I then add the magnesium hydroxide powder to the bottle. You have to be very quick as you close the lid. That’s the only bit of challenge, I would say, for me anyway! You then give the bottle a good shake for a minute or so and pop it in the fridge. And voilà!! The water keeps its bubbles fairly well for a couple of days.You won’t regret having a sparkling water maker!

OP
F

freyasam

@freyasam I don’t know if it’s the same model that you are looking at but I recently bought the Soda Stream Crystal Sparkling Water Maker and I am really happy with it. The carafe is glass and that is why I chose that model too. I didn’t want plastic and after searching for ages I settled for that one. It’s super simple to use and makes great sparkling water, as bubbly as you want it. I put filtered water in and have sparkling water made in no time. I then add the magnesium hydroxide powder to the bottle. You have to be very quick as you close the lid. That’s the only bit of challenge, I would say, for me anyway! You then give the bottle a good shake for a minute or so and pop it in the fridge. And voilà!! The water keeps its bubbles fairly well for a couple of days.You won’t regret having a sparkling water maker!
Awesome, thanks!

I saw someone on youtube make mag bicarb with a soda maker. Her model lets you add the mag hydroxide powder in the water first, then carbonate. It looked so nice to do it that way but I guess adding the powder after carbonation is no big deal. And yeah using glass instead of plastic is a big draw.

unsubscribed

I'm going to order a soda maker to make magnesium bicarbonate water at home. I want to avoid plastic as much as possible, and save money in the long run.

Was thinking of the Soda Stream Aqua Fizz because it's the only soda maker I found that can operate with glass carafes.

But you're not supposed to carbonate anything other than water in this.

How would this work-- just add the magnesium hydroxide powder after carbonating the water?

Anyone try any other soda makers? Any advice before I purchase?

Tips welcome from experienced mag bicarb makers!

Add water to marked level.
Put in fridge till well cold.
When cold then use soda stream.
Add large tablespoon of powder.
Shake vigorously.
Put back in fridge.

Done :)

Honeycomb

Oh yes, I forgot to say that my filtered water is already chilled before I carbonate it!

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Can you use the glass carafe in the soda stream to make mag bicarb?
I thought glass was a no-no when making mag bicarb.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals