Should I avoid sunbathing at 13pm to 14pm with no sunscreen?

rayban

These are the hours I would typically sunbath because on other hours the gym is filled with people (there is a roof with a nice place where you can lay in there after the pool)

My question is: I've read the rays are strongest on that hour. Should I then go at 16pm or earlier in the day like 11am? (probably not waking up that early)

My phenotype is dark hair, and mediterranean/iberian phenotype. As a kid I had no problem tanning, now im really white, but I tan easily if I want to. I spend 15 minutes, I started recently again after years and I felt some itchiness on my arm. Perhaps I should go with 10 minutes, or just avoid these hours?

Also, to get a good vitamin D dosage, do you really need to do this daily?

These are the hours I would typically sunbath because on other hours the gym is filled with people (there is a roof with a nice place where you can lay in there after the pool)

My question is: I've read the rays are strongest on that hour. Should I then go at 16pm or earlier in the day like 11am? (probably not waking up that early)

My phenotype is dark hair, and mediterranean/iberian phenotype. As a kid I had no problem tanning, now im really white, but I tan easily if I want to. I spend 15 minutes, I started recently again after years and I felt some itchiness on my arm. Perhaps I should go with 10 minutes, or just avoid these hours?

Dr. Peat says to go out earlier. Sunlight raises histamines in the body so adding a high histamine breakfast like egg whites or cheese, may be too much histamines with sun too.. Drink coffee with sugar as they are both natural antihistamines. You do get some vitamin D from foods like mushrooms, clam juice and egg yolks, but it wouldn’t cover your needs if you missed a day of sun. Fortunately we store vitamin D so you can shoot for 30 and 40 minutes a day instead of the 20 minutes.

incrp

Twenty minutes in the sun when your shadow is shorter than your height will give you around 25,000IU. This is the way we are supposed to get vit D.

VitoScaletta

11:00-14:00 is mostly UV-B, any earlier and later it's UV-A and almost no UV-B especially in the much earlier or later hours.

UV-B is where Vit D synthesis happens.
I think 20 minutes is enough. Peak UV-B radiation is at 12:45

Sefton10

The dminder app is useful. Tells you how much Vit D you’ll get in your location.

OP
R

rayban

11:00-14:00 is mostly UV-B, any earlier and later it's UV-A and almost no UV-B especially in the much earlier or later hours.

UV-B is where Vit D synthesis happens.
I think 20 minutes is enough. Peak UV-B radiation is at 12:45
All doctors and stuff I read do not recommend these hours.

Ben.

Ideally you get sun in the morning, durin uvb hour and when tthe sun goes down again. So being outside all day.

Listen to your body, if it hurts or burns and gets red or feels unpleasant to much then get out of the sun. Treat your skin afterwards with some nice gel/oil (coconut oil, aloe vera or w/e works for you) ideally with vitamin e/c if you want to give it a nice treat.

Dont shower to quickly after sunbathing.

Damn lobbyists, beauty companys, paperworld doctors and pharma advertisement has people scared of sun, food, water and going outside getting in close proximity to other people

CastorTroy

It washes off the vitamin d on your skin before it has a chance to absorb

Do you know how vitamin D is produced? Pre-vitamin d metabolites are already circulating in your body before the skin gets exposed to UVB. How can a shower "wash" that off? Do you have any solid evidence that supports that?

loess

The dminder app is useful. Tells you how much Vit D you’ll get in your location.

Thanks for this! Been searching for something exactly like this for a long time, to quickly determine the window of time in which the sun angle is greater than 50° on a given day.

OccamzRazer

I would avoid it, or

A) Put natural sunscreen just on the face
B) Do some red light therapy beforehand

crestind

The best time for sun exposure seems to be in the hour or two right after and before sunset. This is based on my personal subjective feelings. Seems to exert a profound calming effect that middat sun does not. Maybe the angle of the sun changes the frequency distribution to something more beneficial.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom