Low Toxin Diet Sebastian's Glucose Protocol Log

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Hi all. I started the glucose protocol two evenings ago (Thursday, June 20, 2024), and last night I didn't need Clonidine to fall asleep, which I had been using due to suspected sleep apnea. Despite losing 30 lbs on the Low Vitamin A (LVA) diet and feeling better in many ways, I gradually developed sleep apnea worse than before. When I start nodding off, I stop breathing or wake up in a panic, gasping for air. Dr. Garret Smith showed that breathing problems can be a symptom of Vitamin A toxicity, and I experienced many breathing problems on the RP diet. With a lot of Vitamin A stored in my liver, I'm dumping it into my bile and gut, causing similar breathing issues. Clonidine had been helpful in allowing me to fall asleep.

Yesterday, after taking 4-6 tablespoons of dextrose six times throughout the day, I managed to fall asleep without Clonidine. Although I had a few initial jolts, they weren't as bad and didn't raise my adrenaline as usual. Before I knew it, I was asleep and woke up at 5:30 am. But that's not all. After waking, I took 6 tablespoons of dextrose powder, prayed 5 decades of the Rosary, ate breakfast, and then took a 1.5-hour nap—something I haven't been able to do in a long time.

For the past five years, sleeping has been a significant issue, and naps were almost impossible. This is a big deal for me. I hope it wasn't just a fluke, but I was excited and felt compelled to report my experience to the forum. I'll be sure to update you all on my progress with the glucose protocol.

Please feel free to ask any questions below.

gabys225

Congratulations Sebastian. I hope the recovery continues. Since sleep apnea is related to a loss of co2, utilizing glucose for fuel will boost co2 production, so I can definitely see it helping.

Peater

I don't have anything informative to add, just that it's great you noticed an improvement already, hopefully it continues this way. Thanks for letting us know.

mosaic01

I think in people with an injured brain and reduced glucose consumption initiating vA detox will make the cells need more glucose and thus use up the remaining glycogen in the liver and thus also stresses the brain and can cause massive problems in the context of glucose deficiency.

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
I wanted to update this thread and inform everyone that today marks the second day I have not needed any Clonidine to fall asleep. I didn't even experience any "jolts," my breathing never stopped, and I never woke up in a panic gasping for air. I had diligently taken 6 or 7 doses of dextrose throughout the day, around 6 tablespoons each.

I noticed also that at night when it's time for me to sleep, I am much more tired than before starting the protocol. I also noticed that I crave a lot more glucose in the morning upon waking. I believe I took between 12 and 15 tablespoons this morning because I craved it. I do feel a bit bloated and nauseous now afterward, though.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I wanted to update this thread and inform everyone that today marks the second day I have not needed any Clonidine to fall asleep. I didn't even experience any "jolts," my breathing never stopped, and I never woke up in a panic gasping for air. I had diligently taken 6 or 7 doses of dextrose throughout the day, around 6 tablespoons each.
Incredible, thank you for the update!
I do feel a bit bloated and nauseous now afterward, though.
I notice that glucose punches quite a bit of toxins and bile out of the liver which can lead to that.

Peater

I noticed also that at night when it's time for me to sleep, I am much more tired than before starting the protocol. I also noticed that I crave a lot more glucose in the morning upon waking. I believe I took between 12 and 15 tablespoons this morning because I craved it. I do feel a bit bloated and nauseous now afterward, though.
Really pleased for you. It looks like a heavy duty medication you are better off without.

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@Sebastian B
So, are you formally a patient of Dr. Stephens?
What is the cost?
Does he recommend a glucose product, or did you just find your own?
No, not at all. I simply watched a few of his videos and read the experiences of others on this forum. I am using the Now Sports brand of dextrose powder.

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Also, I took a nap this morning for about three hours. This would have been completely unheard of just last week. I'm very pleased with the results of the glucose protocol thus far.

youngsinatra

Have you tried eating lots of white rice for glucose? (Like 400g raw weight, split into 4 meals for example)

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
What does your overall diet look like?
Are you still eating your usual proteins and fats?
Is the glucose your only carb now?
6 tbsps of glucose would be about 60 g, so about 54 g of actual glucose, so x 6 per day would be 324 g of carbs, so 1300 calories?

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
What does your overall diet look like?
Are you still eating your usual proteins and fats?
Is the glucose your only carb now?
6 tbsps of glucose would be about 60 g, so about 54 g of actual glucose, so x 6 per day would be 324 g of carbs, so 1300 calories?
Since I started the Low Vitamin A (LVA) diet on March 11th or 12th, I've been eating white rice, black beans, and very lean chicken breast or ground beef for every meal. Warm distilled water is my only drink. Between lunch and dinner, I typically have a peeled medium-sized apple and a peeled cucumber. This routine hasn't changed since I began the glucose protocol three days ago. Now, I take 6-12 tablespoons of glucose in the form of dextrose powder with water upon waking. This morning, I wasn't hungry, so I just took the glucose without a meal. Around 1:30 pm, I had my first meal along with another 6-8 tablespoons of dextrose powder. Yesterday was stressful, so I had 6-7 doses of dextrose, but today I suspect I'll only have 2-3 more doses. I will be sure to have a dose before going to sleep. Additionally, I supplement 1/3 teaspoon of potassium citrate with each meal, 45 mg of zinc picolinate twice a day with meals, 200 mcg of selenium as L-selenomethionine once or twice a day, and topical magnesium in the form of alcohol spray or Dr. Garrett Smith's magnesium lotion, usually at night or after a warm shower.

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Have you tried eating lots of white rice for glucose? (Like 400g raw weight, split into 4 meals for example)
Yes, I've been consuming about 150-200 grams of white rice and 50-120 grams of black beans with each meal for the past 110 days. My sleep apnea was worsening until I started the dextrose protocol three days ago.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
, 45 mg of zinc picolinate twice a day with meals
That's quite a bit of zinc picolinate. For myself, I would not take that much unless monitoring levels closely because zinc toxicity is something to be mindful of.

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@AinmAnseo

I forgot to mention that in the afternoon, a few hours after eating lunch, I also supplement about 500 mg of flush niacin with an equal amount of magnesium carbonate to buffer it.

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
My salt cravings have decreased substantially. I used to put a little in my palm and eat it a few times a day, but now I no longer feel the desire to do that. However, I still crave potassium citrate after meals. I'd be interested to hear if any of you have experienced something similar.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Yes, I've been consuming about 150-200 grams of white rice and 50-120 grams of black beans with each meal for the past 110 days. My sleep apnea was worsening until I started the dextrose protocol three days ago.
Is that dry or cooked weight?

If it's cooked then it's nowhere near enough ( hence the weight loss and issues)

If it's dry weight, then that should be sufficient and it isn't being digested well.

Glad the glucose is working.

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@DanDare

That's dry. I've been getting about 1 to 2 cups of cooked white rice with each meal, along with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of black beans. So that would be 300 to 400 grams of cooked white rice per meal.

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
This is my fourth day on the protocol and the third night I haven't needed Clonidine to fall asleep. I didn't experience any jolts or wake up in a panic gasping for air.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals