Scientists Develop Lab-Made Mineral That Will Suck CO2 From The Atmosphere

bistecca

Not impressed with the second study, either. Too many uncontrolled variables. A far, FAR better experiment would be to set up greenhouses, use the same species of plant, and experiment with different CO2 concentrations (such as 250PPm, 500, 750, 1000, and so on), and then compare densities from that.

Did you read the study? That's what they did, up to 500 ppm.

(d) Experimental: field trials
Solidago canadensis was grown in assemblages of prairie plants along a pre-industrial (subambient) to projected Ca gradient (500 ppm) in the Lysimeter CO2 Gradient (LYCOG) facility located in central Texas USA.

Are you even trying?

I'm not trying to argue that increasing co2 is inherently bad or catastrophic.. I just think we need to be reasonable about the potential ramifications and respond accordingly.

Last edited:

Joe C

An extinction event is defined as a sharp loss of biodiversity worldwide. It describes all animal life, not the human population explosion. Many studies have suggested that we have now entered the sixth mass extinction event. That means the disappearence of millions of species. Should we correlate that to rising CO2 as well? Or just the human population explosion?

Biological annihilation via the ongoing sixth mass extinction signaled by vertebrate population losses and declines

The reality is that both CO2 and the human population level are bad metrics with which to quantify the state of our planet when taken alone. Putting them together so one justifies the other is illogical. It assumes that the health of the biosphere on which we depend correlates positively with the number of humans, which it clearly does not. It assumes that all humans put equal weight on the ecosystem, which they do not. It also assumes that all the negative effects of industrialisation can be juatified because of the benefits of the rise in CO2, which they cannot.

We'd never just fixate on HDL as an overall marker of the health of a human body, so why fixate on CO2, either positively or negatively?

Runenight201

By 2013, all of the Arctic ice will be gone :(

2031?

I sometimes think climate change has been an inevitable consequence of our reliance on carbon for energy. Forecasts ran in the past on future ppm are consistently underestimated, and it does seem we are approaching a drastic rise in CO2 ppm. So long as temperatures don’t exceed 140 degrees F and our ability to produce food isn’t compromised, I think we’ll be alright. If temperatures exceed 140 then we’ll probably have to live in giant air conditioned bubbles, or we could walk around outside with suits made with air conditioning.

I like the idea of integrated forest cities. We get rid of carbon based forms of transportation and energy (MUCH easier said than done), get some of this basalt volcanic rock that bistecca referred to, sprinkle that everywhere, and live in dirt and forest again. We can all walk around barefoot and swing on electric cable lines that zip us around from tree building to tree building.

2031?

I sometimes think climate change has been an inevitable consequence of our reliance on carbon for energy. Forecasts ran in the past on future ppm are consistently underestimated, and it does seem we are approaching a drastic rise in CO2 ppm. So long as temperatures don’t exceed 140 degrees F and our ability to produce food isn’t compromised, I think we’ll be alright. If temperatures exceed 140 then we’ll probably have to live in giant air conditioned bubbles, or we could walk around outside with suits made with air conditioning.

I like the idea of integrated forest cities. We get rid of carbon based forms of transportation and energy (MUCH easier said than done), get some of this basalt volcanic rock that bistecca referred to, sprinkle that everywhere, and live in dirt and forest again. We can all walk around barefoot and swing on electric cable lines that zip us around from tree building to tree building.
2013... Unless we cut half of our red meat consumption by 2005 :nailbiting:

Waynish

THIS IS NOT SAYING ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT WOMEN... But why does it seem women are defending mainstream fraudulent science so often? It reminds of the show The View. They'll ask questions like, "so why do you disagree with every scientist ever - are you a Holocaust denier?" You just can't win in these conversations because it doesn't seem like anyone who supports the mainstream wants to get down to the details. It is all about supporting an authority. To figure things out we need to support ideas and shoot down stupid ones. Regulating the production of CO2 as a pollutant is just insane - and I've never seen a version that isn't supporting globalist authorities. And if you bring up other anti-pollution efforts, then the left concedes, "well we care about that too but..." The politics is punctuated by leftist language control. Do you believe that pollution is good? No?! Great, so let us increase government control to regulate CO2... Or else you want the world to die! Mentioning that plants grow better on CO2 and you're often painted as a charlatan.

Energizer

CO2 is an electron doping, life-supporting agent, so the powers that shouldn't be claiming that it's somehow a useless byproduct or dangerous toxin are misrepresenting reality. The real psy-op is in hijacking the discussion about the real environmental dangers - deforestation, food degradation, industrial pollution, etc and controlling the discussion to be all about global warming. Peat talked about this in a few different interviews, about how in the 1950s the New York Times and other news outlets were publishing articles of "climate scientists" predicting a global iceage. Big Oil and Mon-satan (aka Monsanto, now merged with Bayer) and other agribusiness corporate giants are part of controlling the narrative, along with their hapless "scientist" lapdogs, many of which who receive lucrative payouts from these agri-business giants to publish wildly erroneous data. For more debunking of this see Pay Up or the Earth Gets It! – #PropagandaWatch : The Corbett Report

Cirion

puts on tin foil hat

What if this is yet another conspiracy in the grand scheme of things to make society yet even dumber and more easily controlled like purposefully pedalling all sorts of other anti-metabolic substances and lifestyles?

Bring down CO2, bring down metabolisms further, make society even easier to control.

I seem to recall reading something earlier where the Gov't. was trying to pedal some drug to "make people more sympathetic to immigrants"

Like with 5G coming down the pipeline which is going to harm a lot of lives.

takes tin foil hat off

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals