Rhythmic Diurnal Synthesis And Signaling Of Retinoic Acid In The Rat Pineal Gland And Its Action To

Goobz

Indeed the excess is excreted as nicotinuric acid and wastes glycine. However what's curious is that in this experiment, excretory methylated metabolites increased markedly with nicotinic acid treatment as well, just as high as with nicotinamide; it was a single dose. And if you note, apparently there wased far more methyl molecules being consumed in the process than glycine. Not sure what to make out of it.

Well from what i vaguely remember, nicotinic acid is converted into nicotinamide eventually, which needs to be methylated. So to my basic understanding, it makes sense that both nicotinic acid and nicotinamide would consume the same amount of methyl groups.

Amazoniac

Well from what i vaguely remember, nicotinic acid is converted into nicotinamide eventually, which needs to be methylated. So to my basic understanding, it makes sense that both nicotinic acid and nicotinamide would consume the same amount of methyl groups.
But it's claim'd that there's a capacity to turn nicotinic acid into nicotinamide and it's saturable at low doses (it was a single shot). What am I missing?

- Overview of niacin formulations: Differences in pharmacokinetics, efficacy, and safety

OP
Terma

Terma

Hey guys I'm not gonna be able to do this for awhile, an unexpected twist came up and somehow I gotta put everything back together. It's a good thing but super humbling and it involves more personal ***t than I can ever post on this forum, and you know I'm usually not afraid to do that so take my word for it, you don't wanna know. I'll give you this: do not underestimate histidine, methylfolate and even tryptophan. Tryptophan is really about its correct utilization, away from serotonin, specifically in the brain, and whoever thought that first was right. Folate is very tricky and stops working easily (like Freddd said there's either a methyl trap or some equivalent that happens), but the conversions of methylene-tetrahydrofolate is a very important crossroad, in other words you can probably achieve really good things manipulating its enzymes somehow though I don't really know how, and even Travis liked it (hopefully that's not what happened, since too much active folate can apparently backfire). Folate might even do more (e.g. known to activate AMPK). Folate even links back to histidine (Biosynthetic pathways using tetrahydrofolate and vitamin B<sub>12</sub>), but I'm not sure that's the effect in question or where that happens. I now think I can fix - not everything - but the single worst part of me with these things and the other things I wrote. I can feel like a human being. That one comes in good part from Freddd, because that guy was not afraid to try ***t and I wouldn't have this as an option if it weren't for him. [And some other people but I got the impression they preferred not to get associated with my posts too much, lol] [You basically add all this ***t on top of the other protocol I wrote and DHEA and pregnenolone]

As for excess methyl groups I can't read anything, but I'd guess if you increase metabolism with more NAD+ synthesis, the MAT1A enzyme might receive more ATP and make more SAMe. Don't forget the kidneys synthesize serine from glycine, so some compensation may happen there. If diminished fatty acid oxidation occurs, methylation products might be less needed and get dumped (to put their non-methylated forms to better use, or just dump them depending on the situation), though I can't tell which. I posted one study that suggested carnitine can get dumped from cells/mitochondria toward the kidneys with fatty acids attached, depends what the kidneys do with it. I can't do it, sorry. I kind of blew my own mind, but I'm really not sure how it works yet (I could easily be wrong about some of the mechanisms, but maybe it's not far - and if it were far, I would just completely reinvent my ideas and keep going, because the effects from the protocol allow you to do that without a second thought, and what I experience now just transcends any paper). I think it's the beginning of something really good but it's hard to keep it together. I kind of hope someone else figures it out first because this is exhausting, lol. Cheers.

Last edited:

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
OP
Terma

Terma

Yeah thanks I saw the other one too. It definitely _modulates_ the GR one way or another and probably through multiple ways even. In fact you might suggest that those multiples ways might have something to do with the reversal of effects depending on the dose. Either way is plausible depending on the timing of the RA spike which is hard to overlay over the cortisol spike in the morning because the RA research is much less reliable on this.

How much poisonoic acid is required to have a significant effect in drawing methyl groups through glycine? It's difficult to judge by those experiments because the lowest dose used was the humanoid equivalent to 3.4 mg/d of poisonoic acid (purified in oil) + diet: sugarbaby high.
I don't remember or I'm not sure. I'm not sure. Isn't it funny how science is advancing while politics are degrading backward into Idiocracy? That means at some point, you and I can rule the world.

Have you ever compared the effects of phosphatidyl to glycerophosphocholine?
There is a study I posted somewhere saying GPC does not make it across the gut barrier much, so it is just a prodrug for choline. Another study said most phosphatidylcholine loses one fatty acid in the gut. So the latter is more likely to shuttle a fatty acid while the former is just choline. But honestly I've never asked that question.

Do you know anything about digestive rate of each protein and how it affects day cycles? Casein is an example that could perhaps be less disruptive.

Well, let me tell you, I often have done well with good quality whey proteins, at many points in my timeline. I would follow Jaminet saying you don't want to disturb the gut too much during the night. So I personally avoid casein and it's never agreed with me that well. Personally I would rather take whey at dinnertime and suffer the insulin spike, followed by light sugar infusion later. I'm coming of the opinion that tryptophan at dinnertime was always very logical.