Relief For "Unproductive" Cough / Throat-Clearing (Hard To Expel Mucus)

tara

Interesting. I don't supplement either of those. Zinc through oysters (haven't had them in over 2 weeks). I drink 1 liter of OJ every day, I think that's the only source of vitamin C
I figure fighting infection might use a bit more. Food sources are great, and maybe you can get enough usually, but perhaps there's a case for a boost against a stubborn infection? Oysters and extra fruit might do it. I'm not going to exactly recommend supplements - pros and cons - but that's what I'd try next in your shoes if I couldn't kick it with food alone. Might not take much more zinc to make a difference.

yerrag

Your temps look good. At the very least, you can cross off poor metabolism. When I had my cough issues, my temperatures were lower. With less energy, I was prone to allergies.

managing

Didn't try that one. Would white vinegar work as well? That's the one i'm having with the carrot salad

Interesting. I don't supplement either of those. Zinc through oysters (haven't had them in over 2 weeks). I drink 1 liter of OJ every day, I think that's the only source of vitamin C
I have no idea, never tried it!

frant26

I figure fighting infection might use a bit more. Food sources are great, and maybe you can get enough usually, but perhaps there's a case for a boost against a stubborn infection? Oysters and extra fruit might do it. I'm not going to exactly recommend supplements - pros and cons - but that's what I'd try next in your shoes if I couldn't kick it with food alone. Might not take much more zinc to make a difference.

Thank you @tara ! Definitely gonna get my dozen oysters tomorrow! And just use a little more OJ.

frant26

Your temps look good. At the very least, you can cross off poor metabolism. When I had my cough issues, my temperatures were lower. With less energy, I was prone to allergies.

It could very well be that I have lower temperatures throughout the rest of the day. Weather has been getting worse here, and there's a lot of people with colds and cough. Thanks

yerrag

It could very well be that I have lower temperatures throughout the rest of the day. Weather has been getting worse here, and there's a lot of people with colds and cough. Thanks
I wonder if MitoLipin would help. I'm thinking that the DPPC in MitoLipin may help. It's a pulmonary surfactant. To find out, go into the MitoLipin thread of haidut, but not so much into the discussion as much as the links.

Lejeboca

But nothing alters the cough whatsoever. What could be a more hardcore/aggressive cure?

I'd go for something gentle here: Try Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) root, as a tea (steep 1 tbsp of herb in 0.5L of water, drink 1/3 cup 3x per day) or as tincture (3 drops 3x per day in a bit of water).

tara

Thank you @tara ! Definitely gonna get my dozen oysters tomorrow! And just use a little more OJ.
Even fresh oranges can vary a lot in vit-C quantity, and would need to be drunk pretty quickly, I think. Commercial OJ would likely be artificial and low? I also like, when available and ripe, fresh black currants, kiwi fruit, pineapple, ...

When I can feel a cold or sore throat coming on these days, I usually gargle a little zinc (just 10mg) immediately once and have ~ 250-500 mg supplemental vit C once or twice a day till it eases up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals