Prenatal

marcar72

Well I know off the top of my head that folate (folic acid) is very important for a mother to get during pregnancy. I think it's the most advocated vitamin for pregnancy. It prevents birth defects or something along those lines. Very important though. You can google "folic acid during pregnancy" for more info. :2cents

Avoiding silica and other excipients is probably just as important as the name of the supplement, if they can cross the tissues so easily I would be very very wary of them during pregnancy.

OP
S

slayers

What about a multi?
I know chris kresser recommends pure encap. Nutrient 950 with Vitamin k as a multi during pregnancy
I also like Garden of life raw prenatal

jaguar43

I am pretty sure he says to take progest-e ?

Mittir

RP talked about Tom Brewer's pregnancy diet in some interviews.
You can get an idea about nutrient needs by looking at that diet.
RP thinks that quality of commercial supplement is poor and he particularly
mentioned synthetic vitamin C having heavy metals and Riboflavin being very allergenic.
I think separate vitamin supplement would be better than those multi-vitamins.
You may find this RP response on pregnancy helpful
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=542#p6279

Ben

I think asking "How would a RP diet on pregnancy be different from a regular RP diet?" would be more helpful.

I'm curious if big amounts of vitamin A from liver would pose the same risk as was said about vitamin A from supplements about it reducing cell division and causing brain abnormalities in the fetus because of it. Gelatin probably wouldn't be as beneficial for the fetus or young people as for adults because cell division is needed for growing, so don't bother consuming it during pregnancy. RP mentioned caffeine would be beneficial, even if it increases cortisol, because the cortisol increases lung maturation and caffeine would help mature the brain and promote a thicker cortex.

Educate your significant other on the importance of stress reduction during pregnancy. Comfortably warm temperature, enough high quality sleep, plenty of light, easy low-repetition exercise, and meditation are good ways to reduce stress. Stress promotes estrogen production, which thins the cortex of the fetus, while progesterone thickens it. Not only will a better-developed brain increase intelligence, but it will lead to a reduced risk of psychological disorders. RP mentioned how stress to the fetus can manifest as schizophrenia in adolescence, but I bet it includes other disorders as well.

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Yes! I want to know if eating liver poses the same problems as the supplements of A. (Although the studies all say over 10,000IU is the dangerous amount). Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals