Best bioavailable form of folate for pregnancy

tseri12

I just found out i’m pregnant with my rainbow this morning, i’ve been working on detoxing estrogen for some time and starting to take progesterone. But I want to know what the best prenatal or folate supplement to take to support a healthy pregnancy. thank you!

youngsinatra

Legumes, green leafy vegetables and orange juice.

Atonewithme

Forum Supporter
You might get tested for the folic acid methylation genetic markers if available. Midwives, naturopaths and functional medicine doctors perform it. If you don’t process folic acid well, then taking its end product l-methyl folate is ideal. Turns out it was the answer to half my problems…. Lol.

redsun

I just found out i’m pregnant with my rainbow this morning, i’ve been working on detoxing estrogen for some time and starting to take progesterone. But I want to know what the best prenatal or folate supplement to take to support a healthy pregnancy. thank you!
You would likely take methylfolate but you should also consume foods rich in natural folate. Most plant foods and eggs are good sources. Liver should be avoided when pregnant because of the possible teratogenic effect of high levels of retinol.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

You would likely take methylfolate but you should also consume foods rich in natural folate. Most plant foods and eggs are good sources. Liver should be avoided when pregnant because of the possible teratogenic effect of high levels of retinol.
oh, really? i didn’t know you shouldn’t eat liver. I ordered some but guess I won’t take it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals