Job offer - need someone to help formulate Peat-friendly supplements

gaze

I asked Ray what he personally would have done had he developed rapid, early-onset male pattern baldness. I also asked if he thought it possible to restore hair back the juvenile state (dense NW1).

Ray:

My first step would be to thoroughly investigate TSH, temperature, vitamin D, and calcium. No, everything is always changing, reflecting your whole situation. Developing baldness is a warning sign of basic metabolic problems, tending toward general circulatory disease.
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

My question to Dr. Ray Peat:
"I am interested in using topical aspirin solution, dissolved in water, on my hair to make it healthier. Do you think it’s good for hair health/growth? And does topical aspirin cause water retention if applied on the body?"

Ray Peat's answer:
"It doesn’t cause water retention, and since prostaglandins are involved in atrophy of hair follicles, inhibiting prostaglandins locally could help."
-Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

Me: I've often wondered if hypothyroidism is the main underlying cause of male pattern baldness, and women tend to be more hypothyroid than men, why is hair loss more prevalent in males? Do you have any thoughts? Thanks!
RP: Progesterone is highly protective for the skin and follicles, preventing the formation of harmful prostaglandins, for example.
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
and Ray formulated progest-E to be sold as a product. so he's recommending a hormone which he also happened to help make which earns money. stop with the childish posts and random accusations

osar

and Ray formulated progest-E to be sold as a product. so he's recommending a hormone which he also happens to help make as a product. stop with the childish posts and random accusations
Yes, he made progest-e available instead of selling it to someone to make money lol

osar

what? he made a product and sells it for money. same thing OP wants to do
OP is wanting to use Ray's work to design a product to make money. Ray patented progest-e so that it would be available, not to make money

gaze

. Ray patented progest-e so that it would be available, not to make money
but he still makes money off it. just like he does off his newsletter, and like haidut does, and danny roddy with his patreon. you can't just judge people based on what you deem their intentions to be, as the end result is the same. theres a product being sold for profit, end of story

osar

but he still makes money off it. just like he does off his newsletter, and like haidut does, and danny roddy with his patreon. you can't just judge people based on what you deem their intentions to be, as the end result is the same. theres a product being sold for profit, end of story
Thanks for demonstrating how you think, very impressive stuff

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I wonder why Dr. Peat wouldn't help piggy? Doesn't he know capitalist pigs need money
View attachment 28482
banned ban GIF

X3CyO

You'll be joining my team as a freelance formulator.

We run a very successful business in health and supplements and we need some new supplements developed. We have them custom-manufactured for us.

Thinking of a tea mixture of various herbs, and a powder to be used in juice or water as a smoothie. For raising metabolism, supporting good blood sugar, etc.

Also cosmetic items to promote hair growth and skin health.

We'll pay you and we will own the rights to whatever you develop for us. This should be an exciting and interesting job.

Reply in PM please. Thank you!
Is there spread/ownership per formulation? Are you looking for people to travel for manufacturing?

I think you'd have a much better time seeking support if you said that a portion of proceeds would go to Peat.

OP
H

HealthGuy23

I was quite explicit. This is a pay-for-service thing. Thank you for your opinion.

X3CyO

I was quite explicit. This is a pay-for-service thing. Thank you for your opinion.
whoops. skimmed over it to read the pig stuff haha.

So you're hoping that people with genuine knowledge, studying Peat, biology, physiology, and nutrition for years to come up with their own formulations are just going to give you their stuff on a per-product basis rather than bringing someone on permanently?

That's interesting. How many products are you planning to come out with?

Maybe @haidut can comment but I'm pretty sure he started idealabs to provide people with widely available compounds Peat had discussed, not to make money

I'm aware that people repackage Peat's work to make money
Have you reviewed his financial statements and confirmed he is operating at a loss or break-even?

what? he made a product and sells it for money. same thing OP wants to do
There's nothing wrong with selling something for money so you can make enough money to live / eat etc. and isn't that better than being stuck as a slave to a "capitalist pig"?

gaze

There's nothing wrong with selling something for money so you can make enough money to live / eat etc. and isn't that better than being stuck as a slave to a "capitalist pig"?
I was agreeing with that. I dont think theres anything wrong with making money selling a health product, whether it be OP, or Haidut, or Danny, or Ray. That said charlatans and scams should be called out, although thats judging the quality of the product, not the actual act of selling somthing

X3CyO

I think the separation of the capitalist from the researcher is part of why big pharma is the way that it is, and why there is backlash in the first place. How can you ensure that a quality product is ending up in the market if only those seeking profit from it are running things? How can you expect a researcher to provide you a lifelong product with longevity behind it versus some short-term fad? Where is the part that actually cares?

As someone who grew up in manufacturing, when you do that, the "conscious" part typically dies.

I have a few handfuls of things I've figured out and tested on my own that others on the forum don't talk about/haven't pointed at yet. Only 10% of those things have repeat use cases if you know what you're doing, and only one of those things can possibly be healthful to use consistently for a lifetime without detriment, but even that takes more time and research to ensure.

The reality is, is that the forum, as it should, focuses primarily on lifestyle choices rather than any particular product because if it's not, it's just experimentation. Nobody on the Peat forum when all things are said and done should be a part of any sort of subscription nutrition/supplement/drug routine unless it's a short stint to understand something better or to solve a small problem like antibiotic cream/ live in a deficient environment not providing something essential, or is a unique, particular lifestyle good that is "required" to do something beyond your neurotypical lifestyle environment more efficiently. AKA: Drugs.

The permanent solutions already solved arent proprietary in any way shape, or form, and I don't advocate for forum members to try drugs beyond coffee and nicotine unless it's for experimentation, and even those are some things to be skeptical about too.

There is no unlimited amount of things to patent/are proprietary that are also in alignment with good health. The majority (possibly all) of the good stuff was taken, and patented in the 80's, and is now generic, and the hidden in plain sight research is being passed around by those at the top, adding different groups to the same old chemicals being rebranded with new side effects, partially solving problems already effectively treated, while creating dissonance around prevention and therapy unless someone is attached to it and paid to help fulfill said therapy functions.

I also agree with @gaze as well though. There's nothing wrong with selling a health product. I'm just sharing my experience and opinion on why there isn't much down that rabbit hole as someone who has taken the time to look and care; I'm open to being wrong.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals