Idealabs Recommendation (Overcoming Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction)

Brooks Esq.

Hello guys and gals,

My name is Brooks. I was hoping some of you could help me. I study Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD), I have authored one article about the role of ion channels in this disorder. I came seeking some advice. I believe the underlying culprit of this disorder is a desensitation of the 5ht1a post-synaptic receptor. However, I do believe that at least part of the disorder is a result of neurosteroids and androgen Dysfunction, and possibly allopregnanolone. Some clues to curing this I believe are hidden within the underlying causes to Post Finasterdide Syndrome. The Dark Side of 5α-Reductase Inhibitors' Therapy: Sexual Dysfunction, High Gleason Grade Prostate Cancer and Depression

Here is another study of Allopregnanolone being affected by SSRIS Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors directly alter activity of neurosteroidogenic enzymes

Between the two products Idealabs offers, 5a-dhp and androsterone, which would be the better one to go with to test for my research? Or should I try both?

Thank you, Brooks

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

Velve921

I've not used 5a-DHP but have been using androsterone for quite some time; I've had sleep issues for many years and this one has had the most profound effect on calming my brain and assisting with restful sleep. For me personally, I put it up there for the effectiveness as an anti histamine like cyproheptadine

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

I've not used 5a-DHP but have been using androsterone for quite some time; I've had sleep issues for many years and this one has had the most profound effect on calming my brain and assisting with restful sleep. For me personally, I put it up there for the effectiveness as an anti histamine like cyproheptadine
Thank you for your message, do you have any issues arising from previous pharmacological use? I know sleep disturbance can be present in cases of PSSD.

Velve921

Thank you for your message, do you have any issues arising from previous pharmacological use? I know sleep disturbance can be present in cases of PSSD.
It's hard to say if I've had Specific damage from previous use. As a kid I was on accutane, terrible diet, and my mother used SSRIs, estrogen therapy, and even had a miscarriage before me. With that being said there is probably a lot hormonal imbalances that I am healing from

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

It's hard to say if I've had Specific damage from previous use. As a kid I was on accutane, terrible diet, and my mother used SSRIs, estrogen therapy, and even had a miscarriage before me. With that being said there is probably a lot hormonal imbalances that I am healing from
Do you have any sexual issues or any issues with intimacy/love?

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

Velve921

During sexual activity I have to really focus in order to orgasm; none of the other symptoms. It's something I've noticed since I can remember; there was one girl in my life that I did not have this issue. Guess it Could mean many different things. What's your take?

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

Interesting. Before I amswer, the girl who you didn't have to force ejaculation with, who was she to you? A girlfriend? And was this before or after accutane? Had you had any sex before accutane? All of this is very important

Velve921

Interesting. Before I amswer, the girl who you didn't have to force ejaculation with, who was she to you? A girlfriend? And was this before or after accutane? Had you had any sex before accutane? All of this is very important

She was a girlfriend...not love but emphatuation with her...she was European. It was after accutane and I never before I took it.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

It's possible that the emphatuation with her released some type of oxytocin response, temporarily lowering serotonin which helped diminished the post accutane issues. I read in a medical textbook in undergrad that when couples first fall in love/enphatuation with each other than they will have lowered serotonin and increased oxytocin which is responsible for the obsessive- enphatuation effects.

So in a sense the enphatuation acted to temporarily treat the side effects of your post accutane issues, like an aspirin treating a headache; not treating the core cause but only some of the symptoms.

Velve921

It's possible that the emphatuation with her released some type of oxytocin response, temporarily lowering serotonin which helped diminished the post accutane issues. I read in a medical textbook in undergrad that when couples first fall in love/enphatuation with each other than they will have lowered serotonin and increased oxytocin which is responsible for the obsessive- enphatuation effects.

So in a sense the enphatuation acted to temporarily treat the side effects of your post accutane issues, like an aspirin treating a headache; not treating the core cause but only some of the symptoms.

That concept could make sense...so what are your thoughts on ideas to deal with this issue?

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

That concept could make sense...so what are your thoughts on ideas to deal with this issue?
I have several. However, most of my research is focused on PSSD more so than post accutane, although they may be caused by same thing.
Right now I think Lecozotan and/or WAY 100635 are the most promising. I also think that the old acute tryptophan depletion methods hold promise due to some very significant discoveries I have made recently.

Haidit has promised he would look into the possibility of Idealabs producing either WAY 100635 or Lecozotan, which have the potential to treat PSSD and possibly post accutane issues. I also have been eyeballing that 5a-DHP stuff for some of the hormonal/neurosteriod symptoms.

Velve921

What are some tryptophan depleting methods?

So basically opposing serotonin receptors and/or supporting proper steroid synthesis...possibly allopregnenalone is your thought process?

Regina

Yes. You see I do believe that at its core PSSD is caused by a desensitation of the 5ht1a post-synaptic receptor. However, I also believe that there are some peripheral effects that stem from an unbroken chain of events from the serogenic dysfunction which is where the steroid synthesis comes in .

I hope I'm making sense. But basically there is acute tryptophan depletion that one can induce by taking amino acid supplementation that lacks tryptophan, this causes tryptophan to deplete which can lower brain serotonin by 75%Effects of Acute Tryptophan Depletion on Three Different Types of Behavioral Impulsivity. Contrary to big pharmaceutical companies scam that "depression is caused by low serotonin" depleting these levels does not significantly effect mood or cognition The effects of acute tryptophan depletion on neuropsychological function. - PubMed - NCBI. A lot of people on this forum speak of fenclonine, which does NOT lower brain serotonin but actually causes the brain to store serototin, it actually makes PSSD worse.

So here is my plan to be clear of how I believe I can treat this horrible disorder.
(1) lower serotonin levels through acute/chronic tryptophan depletion method-amino acid drink.
(2) once the receptors are in a better position for influence, administer a potent, selective 5ht1a antagonist like Lecozotan.
(3) also administer a steroid influencing drug for the peripheral effects.

This is my best shot
How about BCAA's plus tyrosine?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals