Humans live longer than other mammals because we burn calori

OP
T

Thomas

Re: Humans live longer than other mammals because we burn ca

got that from a ray peat facebook blogg as an answer for the same info:

I asked Dr peat this question a few weeks ago... he said...Within a species, the higher metabolizers generally have a larger brain and a longer life. Very big animals don't waste so much heat by radiation and conduction, so are able to keep their body temperature high with little stress. Little hot animals waste so much heat that they accumulate heavy metals much faster than big animals. Reptiles that are sedate, so they don't overheat chasing prey, stay close to the temperature of the environment, and don't accumulate toxic metals very fast. The accumulation of CO2 (in bee hives, ant-hills, naked mole rat burrows, or sounding whales) protects macromolecules by protective association, for example carbamino groups on proteins. Then I asked him why small dogs liver longer that big ones? Since this goes against the larger animal lives longer...RP said' Within a species, I think it's the higher metabolic rate and bigger brain that produce CO2 at a high rate and probably keep their fat saturation index higher. Birds generally have a very high body temperature and longer life than mammals of a similar size, and their longevity corresponds to their degree of fat saturation."

jyb

What's the connection between wasting heat and accumulating heavy metals?

Spokey

Possibly because a higher energy requirement requires more calories, hence more food. That extra intake would likely come with extra uninvited guests like heavy metals (not to mention pathogens and other toxins).

Hummingbirds eat only nectar (heart rate is in the hundreds) and they live about a decade, whereas some moles who are even smaller live a couple of years.

Ben

Thomas said:
got that from a ray peat facebook blogg as an answer for the same info:

I asked Dr peat this question a few weeks ago... he said...Within a species, the higher metabolizers generally have a larger brain and a longer life. Very big animals don't waste so much heat by radiation and conduction, so are able to keep their body temperature high with little stress. Little hot animals waste so much heat that they accumulate heavy metals much faster than big animals. Reptiles that are sedate, so they don't overheat chasing prey, stay close to the temperature of the environment, and don't accumulate toxic metals very fast. The accumulation of CO2 (in bee hives, ant-hills, naked mole rat burrows, or sounding whales) protects macromolecules by protective association, for example carbamino groups on proteins. Then I asked him why small dogs liver longer that big ones? Since this goes against the larger animal lives longer...RP said' Within a species, I think it's the higher metabolic rate and bigger brain that produce CO2 at a high rate and probably keep their fat saturation index higher. Birds generally have a very high body temperature and longer life than mammals of a similar size, and their longevity corresponds to their degree of fat saturation."
I have trouble understanding the first one. So wasting heat is bad, because then the stress hormones have to increase to keep body temperature up? But then he goes on to say reptiles don't overheat and stay close to the surrounding temperature. However, a high temperature is healthy according to RP. So I have no idea.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals