How colleges are forcing vaccine participation:

Lollipop2

Attorney here who is actually working with AFLDS- catching up on this thread due to immersion in fighting all this insanity. Good job to all on this post regarding legal arguments based upon EUA and yes, I agree with your assertions. Many schools are conditioning their "mandates" upon full FDA approval and the presumption is that they will have this by fall semester. I don't know how this could be possible under what we believe to be in place with respect to protocols required for full approval; but the world is so out of kilter and as things we never would have dreamed to happen are happening - this full FDA approval could conceivably happen too and very soon. So, while the EUA argument is valid, in this twisted reality we must operate five steps ahead of where we are at currently. I counsel those who can get medical or religious exemptions (if those are viable as some states have done away with them unbelievably) to get them for back-up and full protection while the constitutional issues are being litigated - which unfortunately is taking time we do not have. As you know, we are living in a world turned upside down with the constitution being thrown out like a Kleenex. While there are incredible lawyers currently fighting for humanity, they are few compared to the population. I agree with sentiments expressed in this thread that the true power here is with the people and citizen action is far more powerful at this moment than pending lawsuits that may not reach the Supreme Court for another year or more. The forces responsible for this are far outnumbered by the citizens. If every citizen had merely said "no" to all of this-- we would have been done a long time ago and there would be no masks, no lockdowns, no vaccines. The biggest problem in all of this has and continues to be the blind following of "authority" so many in our population have adopted. The key is to rally support from the citizenry - if colleges face enough students saying no, the institutions will have no choice but to recoil; otherwise they lose their university with no students. We lawyers will do all we can to help; but at the end of the day, the people really hold the power here and could end this without lawyers if they would only stand up to it as a majority.
Thank you for weighing in! I was hoping you would eventually. Great idea to have a backup and thank you for clarifying about EUA versus FDA approval. This must be why some have been allowed to register even though the University is saying they are mandated. Hope every student reads this and prepares. So flat to have you @Advocate2021 on Ray Peat Forum!!

Lollipop2

Del Bigtrees ICAN a crowd source funded legal entity
Recently, numerous colleges and universities around the country have announced mandates for students, and some for faculty, requiring receipt of a COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of attendance or employment. ICAN has been receiving a steady stream of complaints from students at these universities. ICAN has asked its attorneys to send letters to these universities making clear that these mandates violate federal law, international laws, civil and individual rights, and public policy.

At the end of March, Rutgers University announced that it would require COVID-19 vaccines for students enrolled in its Fall 2021 semester. Since then, ICAN has been contacted by students and faculty members from dozens of schools whose universities have followed suit with their own mandates. ICAN’s mission states that “you are the authority over your health choices and those of your children” – not a university president or chancellor. Therefore, ICAN, through its attorneys, has contacted dozens of universities that have taken your health choices and your children’s health choices into their own hands.
The letters to schools including Cornell, Duke University, Fordham, Northeastern, Notre Dame, NYU, Pace University, Rider University, University of Pennsylvania, Sarah Lawrence College, St. John’s, Trinity College, University of Colorado, University of Maryland, University of Massachusetts, Wake Forest University, Yale, and many more listed below,* make clear that it is a violation of federal law to mandate receipt of a product that is only available pursuant to an emergency use authorization (EUA). The universities therefore cannot lawfully require students to receive a COVID-19 vaccine that is being distributed under an EUA.

By implementing a vaccine mandate, the universities are deliberately taking away each student’s statutorily guaranteed right to decide whether to accept or refuse administration of the COVID-19 vaccines. These universities are doing so openly, without any regard for the personal and autonomous right of each student to choose whether they want to receive an unapproved and unlicensed medical product. They are effectively forcing each student to choose between facing expulsion from the school or receiving an experimental medical treatment to which they do not consent.

ICAN reminded the schools that the right to informed medical consent is considered a fundamental, overriding principle of medical ethics and international law, first laid down by United States government jurists in the Nuremberg Code which states: “The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person…[is] able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of…coercion.”
Public policy further demands that uncoerced consent is required. Congress made this clear in its laws by assuring that individuals can make their own medical decisions when it comes to EUA products, even during times of emergency. This clear policy choice made at the highest levels of government to protect the individual’s right to choose is further supported by the fact that whether COVID-19 vaccines are actually safe and effective is not yet known, including because the Phase III clinical trials have not yet even concluded!
ICAN pointed out another concerning issue: these schools are failing to take into consideration that a significant portion of their student population is likely to have had SARS-CoV-2 and fully recovered. Putting aside the immunity conferred by having been previously infected, there have been concerns raised by medical professionals that vaccinating those recently infected can lead to serious injury or death by causing antigen specific tissue inflammation in any tissues harboring viral antigens.
ICAN explained that the schools should consider whether they might be liable for any damages, poor health outcomes, and loss of life due to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policies forced upon its students. While manufacturers and vaccine administrators are protected by the PREP Act, mandating universities are not.
Of course, people also have the right to decline attendance and to take themselves and their tuition to other colleges that support medical autonomy – this is one potential way to allow your voice to be heard. In the meantime, ICAN will continue sending letters to universities that take your medical choices into their hands.

*Additional letters were sent to: Berea College, Claremont, Columbia College Chicago, Drexel University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Five Towns, Loyola Marymount University, Manhattanville College, Mount Saint Mary’s University, Nightingale College, Nova Southeastern University, Princeton, Rutgers, Skidmore College, Stevens Institute of Technology, Syracuse University, University of Michigan, and Westfield State University, with more to follow.​
YaY! Go ICAN and also AFLD and CHD for all taking legal action. Bless them all.

Regina

Start directories in your areas.

Steve

And another one. Western Oregon University requiring vaccines. So now the person I know going there either has to drop out or agree to be part of a dangerous experiment. So his life has just been turned upside down, and he's freaking out. I've had enough of the idiotic sheeple in this country. All of these letters people have linked to aren't going to make a bit of difference. They'll go directly to the Trash/Junk folder.

"At today’s student town hall, I announced that Western Oregon University plans to carry out a fall 2021 program to require COVID-19 vaccination from university students and employees who are learning, working or visiting WOU’s Monmouth or Salem campus."

Advocate2021

The most powerful force against this is the people saying no. If there were a large coalition of students -- as in the majority or close to it- saying no and we wont come to your school, i.e. give you any money, the school would have no choice but to recoil or go bankrupt. While I believe in the power of attorneys (I am one) and advocates, without the support of the people, attorneys alone cannot solve this monstrosity.

Steve

The most powerful force against this is the people saying no. If there were a large coalition of students -- as in the majority or close to it- saying no and we wont come to your school, i.e. give you any money, the school would have no choice but to recoil or go bankrupt. While I believe in the power of attorneys (I am one) and advocates, without the support of the people, attorneys alone cannot solve this monstrosity.
To be real though there won't be a large coalition of students, because I would guess the majority are just more brainwashed sheeple. "Vaccines=good. Why would anyone not want to take a vaccine? That's just ridiculous! Nobody on campus is safe until everyone is vaccinated."

It's almost certain to be a losing battle to fight any of this. All you can do is try to run away from it. We will be sending a letter, and we have a friend who's part of a children's advocacy group that is against these injections, so we'll try to at least take action against it, but other than getting the hell away from these people I don't think it's a battle that can be won at this point. I can't believe this is what America is now. Sad.

Steve

And another one, University of Oregon:

May 10, 2021

Dear University of Oregon community members,

Over the past couple of weeks, university leadership engaged in broad discussions with a wide variety of experts and stakeholders, including students, faculty, and staff, to develop our policy on COVID-19 vaccinations. We have concluded that to protect the health and safety of our university community and the communities we serve, the University of Oregon will require students, faculty, and staff who will be on campus to be vaccinated prior to the start of the fall 2021 academic term. Individuals will be able to request exemptions for medical and non-medical reasons. The science is clear: the COVID19 vaccine effectively eliminates the chances of death or serious illness in nearly all COVID19 infections.

Requiring vaccinations is critical for public health. It will help us to reach the highest level of protection possible, reduce infections, limit many of the disruptions of COVID-19, and safeguard the community we live in. It will also allow our campus community to return to the in-person and on-campus experience that is the cornerstone of academic success, student experience, and research innovation.

As with our existing vaccination requirements, under Oregon law, students will be exempted from the vaccination requirement if they have a medical or non-medical reason (e.g., religious, philosophical, or other belief). These exemptions will also be extended to our faculty and staff. More information on these exemptions is available on the COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ webpage.

This announcement today is designed to provide us with ample time to work with our stakeholders on important implementation details. As the policy is finalized we will provide additional information about how students and employees can confirm they have been vaccinated or request exemptions. We will continue to share updates on the COVID-19 Vaccine webpage.

Thank you again for your resilience during the pandemic and your commitment to our health and safety. This decision is the most important thing we can do to safeguard our community and ensure our success as we come back together in person for fall term.

Sincerely,

Michael H. Schill

President and Professor of Law

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Won't win a lawsuit. It doesn't matter. The system is corrupt all the way up, down, and sideways. They can say and do whatever they want.
You have given up, Steve. Any of the links in this thread will direct you to the help you need. This is only over if you say it is. I will go to my grave fighting. They are breaking the law and you can simply tell them to **** off on those grounds alone.

Lollipop2

Won't win a lawsuit. It doesn't matter. The system is corrupt all the way up, down, and sideways. They can say and do whatever they want.
I know you are facing such a horrible situation but there are people fighting and winning cases against mandatory vaccination. Go to this blog and look at their about page. They are a legal entity and HAVE WON cases helping people out of mandatory vaccines.

Lollipop2

You have given up, Steve. Any of the links in this thread will direct you to the help you need. This is only over if you say it is. I will go to my grave fighting. They are breaking the law and you can simply tell them to **** off on those grounds alone.
+1 I also felt his desperation. BUT I understand his frustration. But we have to keep trying and not write of good resources because our mind has dipped into fear and anger. Stay strong @Steve See the post I just made above. They have won cases.

OP
Rick K

Rick K

I know you are facing such a horrible situation but there are people fighting and winning cases against mandatory vaccination. Go to this blog and look at their about page. They are a legal entity and HAVE WON cases helping people out of mandatory vaccines.

There is no way you can't win. Not only are they violating federal law but the Nuremburg Code. They are also liable for any ill effects staff or faculty may encounter from this disease incurring injection. As far as the science is clear? It most certainly is if you got your medical degree out of a box of Cracker Jacks which, it seems, most of these bozos must have. The real science shows that anyone injected with this disease incurring injection will have an exceptionally virulent response if they do encounter a coronavirus. Look how many people are reported getting sick and require hospitalization after getting vaxxed. Any epidemiologist worth their salt will tell you that it's suicide to get vaccinated during an outbreak (real or imaginary).

Steve

I wish we could just divide the entire country up into two sides, red & blue, or whatever works.
Then just label every business, college, restaurant, person as red or blue, and we can all pick a side to support.
Fighting this crap on a person by person basis, basically all by yourself, is not going to work.
At this point I want the country divided into two clear sides, and let's just get on with it.

OP
Rick K

Rick K

+1 I also felt his desperation. BUT I understand his frustration. But we have to keep trying and not write of good resources because our mind has dipped into fear and anger. Stay strong @Steve See the post I just made above. They have won cases.
I appreciate your empathy, Lollipop, however, we all put our pants on the same way: one leg at a time. The course of inaction by the majority has led to our current situation. Getting frustrated helps no one. Wars are won by attrition. Everyone who gives up expedites the outcome. Clearly dividing the country divides us further. This is defeatist thinking. This is what got us to this low point to begin with. Pick the only side that matters and that side is victory. I refrained from stomping the guts of a psychotic covid believer who tried to intervene and shut me up as I spoke to the wife and daughter of a friend who is about to depart this world. He made me promise I would exhort them not to get this poison injected into them when he's gone. I told him (health care worker) that I don't care what he thinks; that I would speak my mind and in fact, did so. I am as sick of this crap as anyone but will not give up.

Lollipop2

I appreciate your empathy, Lollipop, however, we all put our pants on the same way: one leg at a time. The course of inaction by the majority has led to our current situation. Getting frustrated helps no one. Wars are won by attrition. Everyone who gives up expedites the outcome. Clearly dividing the country divides us further. This is defeatist thinking. This is what got us to this low point to begin with. Pick the only side that matters and that side is victory. I refrained from stomping the guts of a psychotic covid believer who tried to intervene and shut me up as I spoke to the wife and daughter of a friend who is about to depart this world. He made me promise I would exhort them not to get this poison injected into them when he's gone. I told him (health care worker) that I don't care what he thinks; that I would speak my mind and in fact, did so. I am as sick of this crap as anyone but will not give up.
Good for you. I keep sending information to those who listen and getting nice feedback how much they enjoy my links. There have even stopped listening to MSM. Our efforts do work! We should not be discouraged but continue to revere truth and to spread truth.

Old Irenaeus

To be real though there won't be a large coalition of students, because I would guess the majority are just more brainwashed sheeple. "Vaccines=good. Why would anyone not want to take a vaccine? That's just ridiculous! Nobody on campus is safe until everyone is vaccinated."

It's almost certain to be a losing battle to fight any of this. All you can do is try to run away from it. We will be sending a letter, and we have a friend who's part of a children's advocacy group that is against these injections, so we'll try to at least take action against it, but other than getting the hell away from these people I don't think it's a battle that can be won at this point. I can't believe this is what America is now. Sad.
As Winston says in Orwell's 1984, "It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy." College students are covid policy enforcers. They want everyone vaccinated. They're the last people who would stand up against tyranny.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom