Healthy Peaty Smokers - Would You Recommend Smoking To Non-smokers?

YourUniverse

Smoking is one of those things that is basically a can't-miss health faux pas, kind of like not taking fish oil. With that said, and with Ray's pseudo-endorsement of nicotine, I am curious about how it may affect my health (positively).

Are there truly healthy Peaters on this board, whom smoke, whom would recommend smoking to non-smokers? I am in the preliminary stages of considering a nicotine gum, with the benefits studied, but I have also heard tobacco is different from pure nicotine. I've been so healed by other drugs/drug-like compounds such as aspirin and caffeine that nicotine has me intrigued and confused. Alas, my mother died of lung cancer yet hadn't smoked for 30 years, so I am a tentative.

There will be no hasty decisions, I am just seeking anecdotes. Please share your stories or concerns.

Thank you kindly

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Catch 22, the plant has other MAO inhibitors, but is nonetheless toxic when burned. Nicotine inhalers exist, lozenges too.

raypeatclips

Ray has never endorsed smoking and has always said all smoke is carcinogenic.

With that being said he has said several cups of coffee a day protects against all harmful things, and spoke about some mice in smoking studies that survived significantly longer when exposed to caffeine.

Herbie

To get around the smoke issue, you could buy one of these volcano vaporisers and buy tobacco from here: https://www.grandfathersspirit.com if you live in the states its very easy.

Im not a fan of nicotine isolated because from experience its like taking pure caffeine vs drinking a coffee, there can be benefits from the other 8000 substance in tobacco. I used nicotine gum to help stop smoking after 12 months of use and it made me feel nauseous, starting up with this stuff usually makes me feel unwell and it takes some time to get to the point where its a pleasure. If you weren't smoking at all and tried gum be aware.

I wouldn't recommend tobacco for non smokers, its a very personal thing and effects people differently. Despite the MAOIs in tobacco, I am a calm serine person when using tobacco even with hours between ingestion and it keeps me in a euphoric state others may have different effects.

"The principal pleasure of smoking consists in the sight of the smoke. you must never see it leaving your pipe, but only from the corner of your mouth, at exact intervals, never too often. So true is it that this is the principal pleasure. You will never see a blind man who enjoys smoking. Try smoking in a dark room, a moment after lighting your pipe you will put it down." - Quote by Yusuf from the story of my life - Giacomo Casanova.

Attachments

• vsv_grande.jpg
    vsv_grande.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

SOMO

Smoking cigarettes when vaping, e-cigs, patches, gum and liquid nicotine are available is just LOW IQ.

When I see someone smoking cigarettes, I assume they're suicidal.

lampofred

Daily niacinamide gives me all the mental benefits I used to get from smoking and has eliminated my smoking cravings entirely. Peat has said nicotine and nicotinic acid (niacin) are very similar in terms of their protective effects on the brain.

Also Peat is pretty strongly and unambiguously against smoking tobacco (although he says nicotine itself has beneficial effects which are similar to niacinamide's).

Last edited:
Better pray you don’t give yourself COPD.

Also:

"In old people, a little nicotine can have a balancing effect, improving alertness, and probably protecting nerves, for example in the negative association with Parkinson's disease. But in younger people, its vasoconstrictive effect tends to promote the development of wrinkles in the skin, and I think it's likely to contribute to periodontal disease." -RP

Atman

Even when smoking just 1-2 cigarettes a day, I can feel it in my general constitution even during everyday activities, like going up stairs.

Stilgar

Smoking is only a relief for my gut, it promotes intestinal transit. My partner seems to crave the nicotine as a high, whereas I don’t. It seems to really help regulate things if you work in a boring, repetitive job. Like caffeine. But it seems temporary, and the crash is inevitable.

When my gut is good, my cravings are minimal. I prefer caffeine to nicotine mentally. Milk of magnesia reduced my smoking cravings also.

Use patches if you want to know what it feels like, the smoke itself isn’t great.

Stilgar

And Ray put me off smoking if anything - suggesting it increases all nutritional needs and the smoke is a stress.

It has just been interesting knowing why it helps me sometimes.

OP
Y

YourUniverse

Does nicotine itself contribute to periodontal disease? Or smoking? If its nicotine itself, nicotine gum would be a terrible idea. Definitely do not want periodontal disease. Also not keen on wrinkled skin. Am keen on estrogen blocking, DHT promoting properties, though.

Nokoni

DavidGardner

Just no. Just don't. If you've never used nicotine in any form, you're just opening a can of worms for yourself. I don't know how addictive pure nicotine would be compared with tobacco; I don't even really like nicotine alone. But once you start using tobacco it's like a relationship that you may or may not have the will to quit.

Devil's advocate: Smoking itself can be really pleasurable. I don't like inhaling, so I never smoked cigarettes, but there's something about the experience of smoking a cigar that is totally unique and wonderful. I've done snus before also, which is technically "healthier" than any other form of tobacco usage, but I prefer cigars for the total experience.

X3CyO

Cigars. Id imagine vaping unadulterated whole leaf tobacco is better but never tried it.

Id guess that the roasting of the tobacco similar to coffee changes its constituents into a whole other beast too.

Never smoke commercial cigarettes or you will get addicted. I have no idea what they do to them but its defintely different.

Real tobacco in small amounts is stimulating and loosens up the lungs rather than constricting them IMO.

Even american spirits now. Wonder if theyre made differently since they changed companies.

Nokoni

tara

Ray has never endorsed smoking and has always said all smoke is carcinogenic.
+1
Why is smoking rampant in the modelling industry ?
The modelling industry has quite a bit of pressure to wards extreme undereating, and smoking can function as an appetite suppressant?
If its nicotine itself, nicotine gum would be a terrible idea.
Chewing tobacco has been associated with increased rates of oral and throat cancers in some countries that use it, but not all. Could be the additives.

If you've never used nicotine in any form, you're just opening a can of worms for yourself. I don't know how addictive pure nicotine would be compared with tobacco;.... But once you start using tobacco it's like a relationship that you may or may not have the will to quit.
+1
There seems to be something about smoking that makes it particularly hard for people to quit, eve when it's really clear that its's harmful to them prersonally, and they really want to. I don't like the idea of you taking on such a burden unnecessarily.

SOMO

+1

The modelling industry has quite a bit of pressure to wards extreme undereating, and smoking can function as an appetite suppressant?

In addition, like all other CNS stimulants, it raises energy expenditure and/or calories burned.
Likely a function of increased adrenaline and it's probably dose-dependent meaning the more you smoke the more calories you will expend.

This makes cigarettes particularly nasty - I have heard of people continuing to smoke simply because it kept them slim and they did not want to gain weight if they ceased smoking. I've also met people who simply had to take a cigarette break in between classes or at work, it's such an emotional crutch it's kind of sad. Caffeine/coffee (even if it was an unhealthy stimulant), isn't used for stress relief unlike cigarettes.

I feel fortunate to never have touched nicotine or tobacco.
I hope that if someone wants to smoke/can't quit that they would at least use e-cigs or other nicotine delivery methods.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom