Global Warming Scam - "The Debate's Over Folks."

x-ray peat

I've frequently seen him opine in very careful and precise ways on things he knows about, and then seen others extrapolate way beyond what Peat himself has said.
Ive seen that as well but that is not what is going on here. Listen to the video I posted beginning at 1:10. I think I was pretty fair in my paraphrasing.

tara

Ive seen that as well but that is not what is going on here. Listen to the video I posted beginning at 1:10. I think I was pretty fair in my paraphrasing.
I just did. I think you are right - he did say he thought the warming over the last 100 yrs or so was largely driven by the sun. Not sure when he said that.
I consider him knowledgeable in his field, but not in this one.

Ritchie

I agree with tara, ray peat is certainly not an environmental scientist and by no means an expert in the field of global warming. I respect the man greatly in the field of nutrition and human biology but when it comes to this statement you posted, it is more of an opinion than anything (and for all we know his opinion has swayed since then). Why do you believe that holds any weight? You seem to be almost placing Peat into guru status here which would be amusing since he is outspoken against any such authority and status. Personally I'd be more interested in hearing from the actual unbiased experts on the topic (even though these may be hard to sift through)..

yerrag

I agree with tara, ray peat is certainly not an environmental scientist and by no means an expert in the field of global warming. I respect the man greatly in the field of nutrition and human biology but when it comes to this statement you posted, it is more of an opinion than anything (and for all we know his opinion has swayed since then). Why do you believe that holds any weight? You seem to be almost placing Peat into guru status here which would be amusing since he is outspoken against any such authority and status. Personally I'd be more interested in hearing from the actual unbiased experts on the topic (even though these may be hard to sift through)..
I believe that there's not a lot of difference to the thought process when it comes to being presented with conflicting information and making a rational decision from the arguments that are presented. Nutrition and climate science are just as equally colored with bias, agendas, contrived data as well as conclusions. If one can be able to navigate through the maze in one area, it is likely that he will be able to do as well in another - if he gives it the same attention.

x-ray peat

You've taken that completely out of context. I only brought up Ray's disbelief in AGW as a counter example to Tara's statement that us disbelievers must not be able to apply the same amount of skepticism to both sides since we obviously aren't coming up with the correct answer. As @yerrag explains, Ray has proven himself more than capable of cutting through the BS in a number of issues across a broad variety of fields. It just seems that you two dont like his conclusions so rather than making a scientific argument as to why he is wrong about the change in solar output, you unfairly say he must not know what he is talking about as this is not his field.

Ritchie

I believe that there's not a lot of difference to the thought process when it comes to being presented with conflicting information and making a rational decision from the arguments that are presented. Nutrition and climate science are just as equally colored with bias, agendas, contrived data as well as conclusions. If one can be able to navigate through the maze in one area, it is likely that he will be able to do as well in another - if he gives it the same attention.
Yes I agree, and Peat is extremely well researched and knowledgable in the field of nutrition and biology which lends him the important tools necessary (in combination with his specific non-authoritarian, non-dogmatic, fluid and open mindset you are alluding to) to help navigate the maze. Not so much in the field of environmental science and climate change study, at least not that i'm aware of.. Of course I'm interested in his opinion on climate change, but by no means would look at it as conclusive and certainly wouldn't give it the same weight as I would if it was regarding a topic in nutrition or biology.

Ritchie

You've taken that completely out of context. I only brought up Ray's disbelief in AGW as a counter example to Tara's statement that us disbelievers must not be able to apply the same amount of skepticism to both sides since we obviously aren't coming up with the correct answer. As @yerrag explains, Ray has proven himself more than capable of cutting through the BS in a number of issues across a broad variety of fields. It just seems that you two dont like his conclusions so rather than making a scientific argument as to why he is wrong about the change in solar output, you unfairly say he must not know what he is talking about as this is not his field.
Fair enough. Just to be clear, I don't not like his conclusions as you state, I am of course interested in his opinion to a degree but it is another opinion to me. I am interested more in both sides of the argument from those that are experts in the field. It's an interesting topic and I think modern human activity is certainly having effect on the environment and thus the planet, the degree to which is I guess what is at question here.

tara

If one can be able to navigate through the maze in one area, it is likely that he will be able to do as well in another - if he gives it the same attention.
May he live long enough to do so, if he so chooses. :)

A drop in temperature like The Little Ice Age wouldn't be so extreme as all that imo. But I believe the sun cycles theory (which predicts cooling) is more tenable than king CO2.

It's a maunder minimum. That gets pretty chilly.

Cooling-Forecast-Solar-Abdussamatov-2012.jpg

But it's not the cold I'm worried about. I live in boston I can handle a little weathaa. It's everything else that comes with an ice age.

Low solar activity is closely linked to volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.

global-cooling-graph-719171.jpg

globalwarming.jpg

And even more linked to social and economic upheavals

Empires-Rise-Fall-Armstrong.jpg

Chinese-Dynasty-Collapses-and-GSM.jpg

1024px-NSFmonsoonsandclimatesince200AD.jpg

Put everything together and you get economic collapse, mass social unrest, and extreme disaster events all at once.

America is well overdo for earthquake and volcanic events. Things are going to get bad.

Upsurge in big earthquakes predicted for 2018 as Earth rotation slows

California could be hit by an 8.2 mega-earthquake, and it would be catastrophic

The correlation between Earth’s rotation and earthquake activity is strong and suggests there is going to be an increase in numbers of intense earthquakes next year,” Bilham told the Observer last week....
..They found five periods when there had been significantly higher numbers of large earthquakes compared with other times. “In these periods, there were between 25 to 30 intense earthquakes a year,” said Bilham. “The rest of the time the average figure was around 15 major earthquakes a year.”

The researchers searched to find correlations between these periods of intense seismic activity and other factors and discovered that when Earth’s rotation decreased slightly it was followed by periods of increased numbers of intense earthquakes.

Of course as people like @charlie and I know, the reason the earth slows down periodically is due to a reduction in (electric) solar activity.

Large earthquakes are electric events, comparable to underground thunder. That's why the big one in Mexico looked like this

earthquake-light-1200x751.jpg

A magnitude 8.1 earthquake that recently struck Mexico triggered strange flashes of bright light that spilled across Mexico. These green and blue flashes of light are an unusual phenomenon associated with large earthquakes

We know of lights reported before or after earthquakes in many instances in the past. For example in 1975 the Kalapana earthquake was reported to produce auroras with a white and blue hue. More recently, the phenomenon was caught on camera during the 2007 Peru earthquake. One thing all of these earthquakes have in common is that they’re commonly large in magnitude (>5).

Addendum: We all know that the earths history and climate is perfectly stable and the only thing that could change that is mankinds insistence on polluting our beautiful, safe, mother earth with evil evil co2.

So I hope you can all indulge me as I go strolling through fields of fancy and ask "what if we lived on a planet that was regularly beset by massive cataclysms? What would that look like?"

"This Is Crazy" - Antarctic Supervolcano Is Melting The Ice-Caps From Within

As we’ve pointed out, the supervolcano phenomenon is hardly unique to Yellowstone National Park, where a long dormant volcano with the potential to cause a devastating eruption has been rumbling since mid-summer, making some scientists uneasy.

Surprisingly active supervolcanos have been documented in Italy, North Korea and, now, Antarctica after scientists at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) have found new evidence to support a theory that the breakup of Antarctic ice may be caused in part by a massive geothermal heat source, with output close to the scale of Yellowstone National Park.

Of course, if accurate, this theory would help rebut the notion that man-made climate change is in part responsible for the melting ice, Russia Today reports.

Ugh those crazy russians. Well all know climate change is man made.

While the mantle plume is not a new discovery, the recent research indicates it may explain why the ice sheet collapsed in a previous era of rapid climate change 11,000 years ago, and why the sheet is breaking up so quickly now.

"I thought it was crazy. I didn't see how we could have that amount of heat and still have ice on top of it," said Hélène Seroussi of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California

Rapid climate change 11,000 years ago? It must have been those crazy ancient Egyptians with their souped up flying pyramids and Fred Flintstone with that gas guzzling rockmobile of his. No wonder the cavemen went extinct.

Supervolcanoes get their name because they erupt with such power that they typically spew out 1,000 times more material, in sheer volume, than a volcano like Mount St. Helens. Modern human civilization has never witnessed such an event. The planet’s most recent supervolcanic eruption happened about 74,000 years ago in Indonesia.

“These eruptions are thought to have not only a local and regional impact, but potentially a global impact,” de Silva said.

Uturuncu itself is in the same class as Mount St. Helens in Washington state, but its aggressive rise could indicate that a new supervolcano is on the way. Or not.

De Silva said it appears that local volcanoes hoard magma for about 300,000 years before they blow — and Uturuncu last erupted about 300,000 years ago.

“So that’s why it’s important to know how long this has been going on,” he said.

The Yellowstone Caldera supervolcano last erupted 70,000 years ago but a spike in seismic activity around the national park has unsettled nerves...If the Wyoming volcano were to erupt it would kill an estimated 87,000 people immediately and make two-thirds of the USA immediately uninhabitable....as the large spew of ash into the atmosphere would block out sunlight and directly affect life beneath it creating a “nuclear winter” and threatening ALL life on earth.

What a bunch of worriers. But it got me wondering. IF there were massive mega-volcanos ready to blow, what metric could we use to predict their eruption? It would have to be something that has been shown to strongly correlate with volcanic activity. Some easily measurable with lots empirical evidenc-

t2png

Pleased to be paying attention to graphs that show inverse correlation between solar activity and volcanic eruptions.

t2png

Please to be taking a gander at this study from nearly 30 years ago showing link between solar activity and volcano eruptions

https://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1989/1989_Stothers_st07500u.pdf

Now, I urge you not to do anything crazy like say...think for yourself. The last thing we want is people looking at the evidence and coming to their own conclusions. That sounds like the recipe for anarchy. Better to wait for an authority figure to tell you what to think.

After all, if the world was really in danger of an Ice age or a mega-earthquake or a mega-volcanic eruption, I'm certain the people in the know would warn us. They truly have out best interests at heart. Always have always will.
It's not like we live in a world where the super rich are secretly building underground bunkers and prepping for the end of the world. Everything will be just fine. So go green, keep recycling, and don't forget to go shopping.

The super rich are preparing for the end of the world
The Dow has hit 20,000 for the first time ever, but rather than celebrating, some of the richest of the rich are building bunkers to prepare for a potential apocalypse.
These "preppers" are making other investments too. They're buying houses in New Zealand, which has become a popular spot in case of calamity. Billionaire Peter Thiel just secured property and citizenship there.
And they're getting elective surgery. Steve Huffman, the 33-year-old co-founder and CEO of the online community Reddit, got Lasik so that he'd be able to be more independent in case of emergency...
More than half of Silicon Valley billionaires have outfitted themselves for a crisis, whether with a bunker, second home or vacation spot, estimates Reid Hoffman the co-founder of LinkedIn...
More than half? What a bunch of kooks.
"I kind of have this terror scenario: 'Oh, my God, if there is a civil war or a giant earthquake that cleaves off part of California, we want to be ready,' " Chang says.
Giant earthquake cleave off part of california?? What a strangely specific thing to sa-

The Really Big One
An earthquake will destroy a sizable portion of the coastal Northwest. The question is when.

150720_r26752.jpg

The next full-margin rupture of the Cascadia subduction zone will spell the worst natural disaster in the history of the continent.

In the end, the magnitude-9.0 Tohoku earthquake and subsequent tsunami killed more than eighteen thousand people, devastated northeast Japan, triggered the meltdown at the Fukushima power plant, and cost an estimated two hundred and twenty billion dollars. The shaking earlier in the week turned out to be the foreshocks of the largest earthquake in the nation’s recorded history. But for Chris Goldfinger, a paleoseismologist at Oregon State University and one of the world’s leading experts on a little-known fault line, the main quake was itself a kind of foreshock: a preview of another earthquake still to come.

How delightfully ominous

Every fault line has an upper limit to its potency, determined by its length and width, and by how far it can slip. For the San Andreas, one of the most extensively studied and best understood fault lines in the world, that upper limit is roughly an 8.2—a powerful earthquake, but, because the Richter scale is logarithmic, only six per cent as strong as the 2011 event in Japan.

But I thought san Andreas was the big one. They even made a movie about it with Dwayne the rock Johnson.

sooner or later, North America will rebound like a spring. If, on that occasion, only the southern part of the Cascadia subduction zone gives way the magnitude of the resulting quake will be somewhere between 8.0 and 8.6. Thats the big one. If the entire zone gives way at once, an event that seismologists call a full-margin rupture, the magnitude will be somewhere between 8.7 and 9.2. That’s the very big one.

:eek: that's almost twice the size of the 2011 japan one

When the next very big earthquake hits, the northwest edge of the continent, from California to Canada and the continental shelf to the Cascades, will drop by as much as six feet and rebound thirty to a hundred feet to the west—losing, within minutes, all the elevation and compression it has gained over centuries. Some of that shift will take place beneath the ocean, displacing a colossal quantity of seawater. The water will surge upward into a huge hill, then promptly collapse. One side will rush west, toward Japan. The other side will rush east, in a seven-hundred-mile liquid wall that will reach the Northwest coast, on average, fifteen minutes after the earthquake begins. By the time the shaking has ceased and the tsunami has receded, the region will be unrecognizable. Kenneth Murphy, who directs fema’s Region X says, “Our operating assumption is that everything west of Interstate 5 will be toast.

Our operating assumption is that everything west of Interstate 5 will be toast.

In the Pacific Northwest, the area of impact will cover* some hundred and forty thousand square miles, including Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, Eugene, Salem (the capital city of Oregon), Olympia (the capital of Washington), and some seven million people. When the next full-margin rupture happens, that region will suffer the worst natural disaster in the history of North America....“This is one time that I’m hoping all the science is wrong, and it won’t happen for another thousand years,” Murphy says.

This is america. It can't happen here.

In fact, the science is robust...we now know that the odds of the big Cascadia earthquake happening in the next fifty years are roughly one in three. The odds of the very big one are roughly one in ten.

the odds of the big Cascadia earthquake happening in the next fifty years are roughly one in three.

one in three.

five thousand miles due west you reach the northeast coast of Japan. As the events of 2011 made clear, that coast is vulnerable to tsunamis, and the Japanese have kept track of them since at least 599 A.D....At approximately nine o’ clock at night on January 26, 1700, a magnitude-9.0 earthquake struck the Pacific Northwest, causing sudden land subsidence, drowning coastal forests, and, out in the ocean, lifting up a wave half the length of a continent. It took roughly fifteen minutes for the Eastern half of that wave to strike the Northwest coast. It took ten hours for the other half to cross the ocean. It reached Japan on January 27, 1700.

bigwave.gif

We now know that the Pacific Northwest has experienced forty-one subduction-zone earthquakes in the past ten thousand years. If you divide ten thousand by forty-one, you get two hundred and forty-three, which is Cascadia’s recurrence interval: the average amount of time that elapses between earthquakes. That timespan is dangerous both because it is too long—long enough for us to unwittingly build an entire civilization on top of our continent’s worst fault line—and because it is not long enough. Counting from the earthquake of 1700, we are now three hundred and fifteen years into a two-hundred-and-forty-three-year cycle.

If there was an imminent earthquake that would "turn everything west of interstate 51 into french toast" wouldn't they be warning californians and making evacuations...?

Plus Indians live here before 1700. If there was a massive earthquake/tsunami twofer wouldn't they have-

In 1964, Chief Louis Nookmis, of the Huu-ay-aht First Nation...told a story...about the eradication of Vancouver Island’s Pachena Bay people. “I think it was at nighttime that the land shook....They sank at once, were all drowned; not one survived.”

Hmm

A hundred years earlier, Billy Balch, a leader of the Makah tribe, recounted a similar story. Before his own time, he said, all the water had receded from Washington State’s Neah Bay, then suddenly poured back in, inundating the entire region. Those who survived later found canoes hanging from the trees. In a 2005 study, Ruth Ludwin...analyzed Native American reports of earthquakes and saltwater floods. Some of those reports contained enough information to estimate a date range for the events they described. On average, the midpoint of that range was 1701

Hmmm

USGS study says massive earthquake along San Andreas Fault is way overdue

A recently published study reveals new evidence that a major earthquake is way overdue on a 100 mile stretch of the San Andreas Fault from the Antelope Valley to the Tejon Pass and beyond.

Researchers with the U.S. Geological Survey released the results of the years-long study warning a major earthquake could strike soon.

Geologists studied the area along the Grapevine near Frazier Park and found earthquakes happen there, on average, every 100 years. Experts said it's been 160 years since the last major quake.

"The stress is building up along the San Andreas and a large earthquake is inevitable,"
Graves said.

So we have two overdo earthquakes and a massive tsunami just waiting to pummel americas breadbasket.

I wonder if there was a way to see them coming.
14COhR2.png

If onky there was some sort of cyclic event thats been shown to predic-

Relationship between global seismicity and solar activities

The relations between sunspot numbers and earthquakes (M≧6), solar 10.7 cm radio flux and earthquakes, solar proton events and earthquakes have been analyzed in this paper. It has been found that: (1) Earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activity. Generally, the earthquake activities are relatively less during the peak value years of solar activity, some say, around the period when magnetic polarity in the solar polar regions is reversed. (2) the earthquake frequency in the minimum period of solar activity is closely related to the maximum annual means of sunspot numbers, the maximum annual means of solar 10.7 cm radio flux and solar proton events of a whole solar cycle, and the relation between earthquake and solar proton events is closer than others.

But yes let's keep discussing co2. Co2 and North Korea. Did you see what Trump tweeted? It's on TV it must be important.

Last edited:

NathanK

This was a great thread. So many of the posters are gone and all of the YouTube videos banned.

P

Peatness

The guardian getting something right for a change

Donttreadonme

How can you cover up the obvious? Anyone over the age of 35 can witness through their own lives that Earth is not getting hotter. I am sorry but a fluxuation of 0.25 degrees Celcius from one summer to the next means jack-squat-nothing.

It amazes me how stupid people are if they think its a climate catastrophe if one year it 89 degrees F on July17 and the next year it's 89.3 degrees F on July17.

Do people not know that carbon is plant food and that the plants and oceans of the earth are swallowing up the excess carbon from power plants and cars?

I am waiting for the day which will be within 2 years when environmentalist activists will claim that global warming is being made worse by the human population of the earth.... After all humans are built of carbon taken from the ground and then we exhale carbon with every breath. 7 billions carbon emitting sources are what humans are..... We need to get that under control and bring down the population to around 3 billion.... And that ladies and gentlement what the next world war will be about. Who gets to exist out of 3 billion? Do we let the Chinese with the 1.1billion pupolation be 1/3 of the humans on the planet?

It's coming. Trust me.

Giraffe

Mismanagement is often re-branded as the result of climate change.

I read the book "Water for Every Farm" by P.A. Yeomans. The book was first published in 1964. The author describes techniques to develop rural landscapes, harvest water using swales and ponds, create fertile soil etc. Yeomans thought that floods are a missed chance: You could have caught and stored the water. He wrote that the construction of canals where water travels hundreds of kilometres are a waste of money and water.

This video illustrates how ridiculous those mega infrastructure projects are.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf8usAesJvo

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals