Friend lost his smell and taste after covid. Did something really help for this in here ?

Motif

He was J&J vaccinated in June and catched covid on Friday with pretty bad flu like symptoms.

Since today his smell and taste is completely gone (of course this has nothing to do with covid I guess @Ben. @tankasnowgod )

Did anything really help for this?

What I was reading in here zinc for example did nothing for affected forum members.

@pastanagueta
@Cooper
@Cameron
@GorillaHead

Last edited:

PxD

He was J&J vaccinated in June and catched covid on Friday with pretty bad flu like symptoms.

Since today his smell and taste is completely gone (of course this has nothing to do with covid I guess @Ben. @tankasnowgod )

What I was reading in here zinc for example did nothing for affected forum members.
I know a few people, including my wife and mother, who lost smell/taste when they caught coronavirus. In all cases it came back on its own, no supplements or medicine needed, but it may take a little while.

LeeLemonoil

@pastanagueta
@Cooper
@Cameron
@GorillaHead

Neuronal cells got destroyed in an immune-reaction. That kind of tissue needs time to regenerate. No quick fix.

The Pubmed is Full on the topic. Do your own research if asking advice here is only pretext for trolling or provocation

OP
M

Motif

Neuronal cells got destroyed in an immune-reaction. That kind of tissue needs time to regenerate. No quick fix.

The Pubmed is Full on the topic. Do your own research if asking advice here is only pretext for trolling or provocation
Ok , gone is gone I guess. You think this could have been prevented ?

tankasnowgod

I mean, you are free to ignore the other VERY WELL ESTABLISHED factors that result in loss of smell and taste, if you like.

After all, it's not like CBS aired a news segment back in 2011 that claimed that half of all Americans would lose their sense of taste and smell at some point, if even for a short time, and featured and ENT and patient that had these symptoms..... oh wait, they totally did-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vktM95IBP7A

Plus, you can easily find many such segments in the Mass Satanic Media, as well as testimonials from people who experienced this, and ENTs that dealt with this prior to 2019, if you bother to look.

So again, how does a common symptom that affects half of the population at some point prove the existence of a "Novel Corona Virus?" Especially when people are wearing masks and jabbing foreign objects up their nose at a dramatically higher rate than previous years?

It seems to me from looking at the causes and even listening to that short segment with the ENT, that most loss of smell (and related taste) is due either to damage to the nerves that detect smells, or blockages preventing odor molecules from reaching it. Pretty much every cause could be traced back to one of these purely physical causes. If it is caused by a Common Cold virus like so called "Covid," it's probably from nasal inflammation, and increase in mucus, maybe coupled with irritation from masks and nasal swab tests, higher bacterial loads from mask use, excess cleaning chemicals, and maybe a zinc deficiency. Some of the tips from the ENT in the news segment (like using a Neti Pot) could still be helpful.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

I mean, you are free to ignore the other VERY WELL ESTABLISHED factors that result in loss of smell and taste, if you like.

After all, it's not like CBS aired a news segment back in 2011 that claimed that half of all Americans would loss their sense of taste and smell at some point, if even for a short time, and featured and ENT and patient that had these symptoms..... oh wait, they totally did-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vktM95IBP7A

Plus, you can easily find many such segments in the Mass Satanic Media, as well as testimonials from people who experienced this, and ENTs that dealt with this prior to 2019, if you bother to look.

So again, how does a common symptom that affects half of the population at some point prove the existence of a "Novel Corona Virus?" Especially when people are wearing masks and jabbing foreign objects up their nose at a dramatically higher rate than previous years?

Dude. I don’t know anybody who ever had this before. A complete loss of taste and smell!
It makes no sense that now many people have it in connection with a covid infection.

The masks and nasal swabs as cause don’t make sense either. People had this from early on when there were no masks or tests.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Dude. I don’t know anybody who ever had this before. A complete loss of taste and smell!
Well, do you know all 350 Million Americans? I don't know anyone who ever had Tuberculosis or Malaria or Smallpox. Does that mean those diseases don't exist, and never did? I don't know anyone who has ever been poisoned (in the traditional sense). Does that mean no one has ever been poisoned? I don't know anyone who's died fighting in a war. Does that mean wars don't exist, or that no one has ever lost their life in one?

Especially if it was a temporary thing during a cold or allergies, why would they even report it you in normal times? And would you even necessarily remember if they did tell you about it?
It makes no sense that now many people have it in connection with a covid infection.
Again, you ignore the additional nasal irritants of the past two years..... excess cleaning chemicals (listed on the Mayo Clinic website and the ENT), heavy mask use (which can result in nasal and lung irritation and higher bacterial loads), and nasal swabs (which can damage the nerves directly, or might be coated with Ethylene Oxide, which itself can cause "loss of taste or smell."

OP
M

Motif

Well, do you know all 350 Million Americans? I don't know anyone who ever had Tuberculosis or Malaria or Smallpox. Does that mean those diseases don't exist, and never did? I don't know anyone who has ever been poisoned (in the traditional sense). Does that mean no one has ever been poisoned? I don't know anyone who's died fighting in a war. Does that mean wars don't exist, or that no one has ever lost their life in one?

Especially if it was a temporary thing during a cold or allergies, why would they even report it you in normal times? And would you even necessarily remember if they did tell you about it?

Again, you ignore the additional nasal irritants of the past two years..... excess cleaning chemicals (listed on the Mayo Clinic website and the ENT), heavy mask use (which can result in nasal and lung irritation and higher bacterial loads), and nasal swabs (which can damage the nerves directly, or might be coated with Ethylene Oxide, which itself can cause "loss of taste or smell."

Those comparisons don’t make any sense?
If now there would be more cases of tuberculosis, poisoning or whatever in my acquaintances it would , but not the case.

You know that you could ask people if they ever lost sense of smell and taste 100%?

Like I said masks and nasal swabs don’t make sense cause those symptoms were there before them in the beginning of covid spread.

LeeLemonoil

Ok , gone is gone I guess. You think this could have been prevented ?

Theoretically. But I like the published hypothesis that Scent- and smell receptors are also part of the immune system of the mucosa and that their damage is a result of a strong (ultimately failed) battle on them.

Viral load at infection, individual priming of immunity and so forth all determine the damage and resulting loss of scent and Taste. Hardly predictable.

It’s also not so simple to say that „weak“ immunity is a cause. It might be the opposite. Damage on those frontline receptors might come with the benefit of reduce viremia/systemic viral entrance

tankasnowgod

Those comparisons don’t make any sense?
Is that a question? Sure they do. You are claiming something didn't exist prior to 2019 because you didn't personally know anyone who was affected by it. I gave the exact same sort of examples. If the comparisons don't make any sense, then your logic shouldn't make any sense, either.
If now there would be more cases of tuberculosis, poisoning or whatever in my acquaintances it would , but not the case.
Huh?

Are you arguing that Tuberculosis and Poisoning don't exist? Because if you are, well, I will give you credit for being consistent.
You know that you could ask people if they ever lost sense of smell and taste 100%?
Sure..... but what would that prove?

It certainly wouldn't discredit an ENT that deals with this sort of problem frequently, and even knows it's more likely in certain occupations (of the top of her head, construction, leather working, cleaning people, and hair dressers). Nor a patient that dealt with this well prior to December 2019.
Like I said masks and nasal swabs don’t make sense cause those symptoms were there before them in the beginning of covid spread.
Oh really? Personally, I don't remember ANYONE talking about loss of smell or taste in December 2019 or January 2020. In fact, it wasn't until fall of 2020, when nasal swab and masks were common, that I began to hear about it being "proof" of this "Novel Corona Virus." What makes my personal memory any less valid than your personal memory?

But again, you continue to ignore parts of what I say to fit your narrative. I also mentioned increased cleaning chemical use, and that certainly was the case even in January and February of 2020. Along with, you know, the 35+ additional well established causes of loss of taste and smell.

Also, are you claiming that you JUST NOW started a thread about a friend who lost their sense of taste an smell sometime between December 2019 and April of 2020? I thought "just this Friday" referred to the day after Thanksgiving in 2021. Did he never wear a mask or do a nasal swab prior to that time?

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Is that a question? Sure they do. You are claiming something didn't exist prior to 2019 because you didn't personally know anyone who was affected by it. I gave the exact same sort of examples. If the comparisons don't make any sense, then your logic shouldn't make any sense, either.

Huh?

Are you arguing that Tuberculosis and Poisoning don't exist? Because if you are, well, I will give you credit for being consistent.

Sure..... but what would that prove?

It certainly wouldn't discredit an ENT that deals with this sort of problem frequently, and even knows it's more likely in certain occupations (of the top of her head, construction, leather working, cleaning people, and hair dressers). Nor a patient that dealt with this well prior to December 2019.

Oh really? Personally, I don't remember ANYONE talking about loss of smell or taste in December 2019 or January 2020. In fact, it wasn't until fall of 2020, when nasal swab and masks were common, that I began to hear about it being "proof" of this "Novel Corona Virus." What makes my personal memory any less valid than your personal memory?

But again, you continue to ignore parts of what I say to fit your narrative. I also mentioned increased cleaning chemical use, and that certainly was the case even in January and February of 2020. Along with, you know, the 35+ additional well established causes of loss of taste and smell.

Also, are you claiming that you JUST NOW started a thread about a friend who lost their sense of taste an smell sometime between December 2019 and April of 2020? I thought "just this Friday" referred to the day after Thanksgiving in 2021. Did he never wear a mask or do a nasal swab prior to that time?
You just make no sense.

My friend lost it today.
Others lost it early 2020 before mask mandates and tests. So?
From the very beginning they said those are common symptoms.

Why do people who work in hospitals not more often lose smell and taste? They wear masks often and everything is desinfected all the time?

Why did the people who lost their smell and taste 100 %, in that forum for example , have covid with a positive test before? Coincidence? Sure...

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

You just make no sense.
Says the person who thinks that loss of smell didn't exist prior to December 2019, despite having lots of evidence to the contrary.
My friend lost it today.
Got it. So, then masks, nasal swabs, and excessive chemicals could have been a factor, yeah? As could the other 35+ established causes. It's not like they all disappeared in December 2019.
Others lost it early 2020 before mask mandates and tests. So?
The point being that it might not be all from the same reason. Just like coughing is a symptom with a multitude of causes. And fever.
Why do people who work in hospitals not more often lose smell and taste?
What are you basing this on? A study conducted on nurses and doctors in hospitals? Patients? Or, did you go to a local hospital and interview a bunch of patients?
They wear masks often and everything is desinfected all the time?
True. But over the past year and a half, many people wore masks more chronically than doctors and nurses did in 2018. And again, I still don't know what your basis for the rate of anosmia is in hospitals, and if it's been higher than in previous years.
Why did the people who lost their smell and taste 100 %, in that forum for example , have covid with a positive test before? Coincidence? Sure...
WHICH forum? First of all, aren't a lot of Covid tests done with a nasal swab? The test could be CAUSING the symptom. Through a very obvious mechanism. And, of course, just having a positive Covid test doesn't preclude you from having any of the other 35+ well established causes of loss of smell, like diabetes, head trauma, polyps, sinusitis, deviated septum, tumors, poor nutrition, zinc deficiency, and so on.

And second, there are people in this forum who have reported a loss of smell prior to December 2019.

And third, there have literally been hundreds of millions of "Covid Tests" conducted in this country alone in the past two years. I'm sure you could find several million that have dandruff in connection with a positive covid test. Coincidence? Or warts and moles. Another Coincidence? Or own a Nintendo Switch. Further Coincidence? Doubtful. It's clear this "Novel Corona Virus" also causes dandruff, warts, moles, and making people buy Nintendo Switches.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Says the person who thinks that loss of smell didn't exist prior to December 2019, despite having lots of evidence to the contrary.

Got it. So, then masks, nasal swabs, and excessive chemicals could have been a factor, yeah? As could the other 35+ established causes. It's not like they all disappeared in December 2019.

The point being that it might not be all from the same reason. Just like coughing is a symptom with a multitude of causes. And fever.

What are you basing this on? A study conducted on nurses and doctors in hospitals? Patients? Or, did you go to a local hospital and interview a bunch of patients?

True. But over the past year and a half, many people wore masks more chronically than doctors and nurses did in 2018. And again, I still don't know what your basis for the rate of anosmia is in hospitals, and if it's been higher than in previous years.

WHICH forum? First of all, aren't a lot of Covid tests done with a nasal swab? The test could be CAUSING the symptom. Through a very obvious mechanism. And, of course, just having a positive Covid test doesn't preclude you from having any of the other 35+ well established causes of loss of smell, like diabetes, head trauma, polyps, sinusitis, deviated septum, tumors, poor nutrition, zinc deficiency, and so on.

And second, there are people in this forum who have reported a loss of smell prior to December 2019.

Some people test theirselfs twice every week at work and never lose it. Then they have a Corona positive test and it’s gone.

Some lose it before the test and the loss is the reason why they get tested (positive)

tankasnowgod

Some people test theirselfs twice every week at work and never lose it. Then they have a Corona positive test and it’s gone.
Who? Give this specific case.

Although even finding one specific case out of literally hundreds of millions doesn't prove much.
Some lose it before the test and the loss is the reason why they get tested (positive)
Again.... so what? There are hundreds of millions of people with positive tests who DON'T lose it.

And the tests themselves are basically meaningless. This has been discussed on the forum ad naseum. The PCR test is a surrogate test that can be very easily manipulated.

tankasnowgod

Again, if anyone cares to look, there are plenty of people talking about lacking a sense of smell prior to December 2019.

These two people claim to have been born without this sense-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejjox-JOGSo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUEIai0QfZQ

Loss of Smell in a news report from 2017-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu1mSZEmTPQ

ENTs talking about it-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8V_64Zlr5Q

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoPc7dlLIro

Here's a guy who claims to have had 100% loss of both taste and smell for 5 years.... and the date of the video is 2017-

ThinPicking

@Motif really, your reasoning around this is embarrassing pal.

OP
M

Motif

Again, if anyone cares to look, there are plenty of people talking about lacking a sense of smell prior to December 2019.

These two people claim to have been born without this sense-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejjox-JOGSo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUEIai0QfZQ

Loss of Smell in a news report from 2017-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu1mSZEmTPQ

ENTs talking about it-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8V_64Zlr5Q

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoPc7dlLIro

Here's a guy who claims to have had 100% loss of both taste and smell for 5 years.... and the date of the video is 2017-

And now your point is that there was loss of smell and taste before Covid? Anybody claims something different ? No.

But it increased. In connection with covid and with a positive test (done sometimes before sometimes after the loss of smell and taste!)

tankasnowgod

And now your point is that there was loss of smell and taste before Covid? Anybody claims something different ? No.
Nice. Finally you admit it! So, there is nothing at all unique about this symptom. Meaning, it in itself does nothing to prove the existence of a "Novel Corona Virus."
But it increased.
Really? Based on what? How do you know this symptom "increased?" The CBS News report from 2011 suggested it happens to about half the adult population at some point. The other sources and videos say "millions" without giving any details, meaning it is a very common thing, even if you don't personally know people who experienced it.

And again, if there is an increased incidence of this symptom, how do you know a "Novel Corona Virus" increased it, and not mask wearing and increased nasal swabs and excess cleaning chemicals, like I have suggested again and again and again and again?
In connection with covid and with a positive test (done sometimes before sometimes after the loss of smell and taste!)
A test that, itself, could very well damage the nerve (or nerves) that detect smell. And that is being done at a ridiculously high rate.

And if loss of smell happens before ANY nasal swab test, again, there is still the mask issue and cleaning chemical issue and the 35+ other well established causes of Anosmia.

OP
M

Motif

@tankasnowgod

Man seriously. You can’t be serious. Everything else is responsible for it but not covid even all of those people have a positive test.

Just take this forum as example.

Now type in „smell and taste“ in the search bar.

Go through all those pages.

Realize that there’s pretty much only threads with loss of smell and taste in connection with covid and before that - nothing.

Go figure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals