Efficacy of Ginger Supplementation in Relieving Persistent Hypothyroid Symptoms in Patients with Controlled Primary Hypothyroidism

Sefton10

Ginger led to significant improvements in the mean scores of the weight gain, cold intolerance, constipation, dry skin, appetite, memory loss, concentration disturbance, and feeling giddy or dizzy domains (P < 0.001).

Ginger supplementation also led to a significant decrease in body weight, body mass index, waist circumference, serum TSH, FBS, TG, and TChol levels compared to the placebo. In summary according to preliminary results of this study, ginger supplementation can help relieve persistent hypothyroid symptoms.

FitnessMike

I always had a good feeling about ginger, there is a post somewhere here with so many benefits backed up with studies. Organic powder is cheap but disgusting, need to find capsules and add to daily stack :)

Vanset

LeeLemonoil

I always had a good feeling about ginger, there is a post somewhere here with so many benefits backed up with studies. Organic powder is cheap but disgusting, need to find capsules and add to daily stack :)

Take the fresh thingy, but it into meals or teas and swallow whole if you don’t like the Taste.

Great study. Results are absolutely consistent

FitnessMike

Take the fresh thingy, but it into meals or teas and swallow whole if you don’t like the Taste.

Great study. Results are absolutely consistent
nah bra, im looking for capsule now

Makrosky

Amazing find. Thanks!

The study says "pulverized and exposed to ultraviolet light". So I guess it is dried right? There is no way to pulverizr fresh ginger and put it in a capsule.

FitnessMike

Im thinking of mixing it with some honey so it’s eatable, any ideas?

ursidae

I love ginger
I enjoy grating it on baked apples + cinnamon
juicing it with purple carrots, celery, apples
boiling fresh slices and adding it to tea along with lemon juice and lots of opaque honey, it helps a lot with strep throat

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Just grate some raw root on a carrot salad, it will put hairs on your chest ?

I tend to put it in teas or hot water too then just chew a couple of bits afterwards.

FitnessMike

Just grate some raw root on a carrot salad, it will put hairs on your chest ?

I tend to put it in teas or hot water too then just chew a couple of bits afterwards.
I used to grate it and make teas but I just rather drink coffee whenever it comes to drinking beverages.

Need to find either good extract or big capsules for decent $$$, or sort out how to take my powder.

sunny

Grate with a micro zester meant for zesting citrus skin. You could put that into capsules if you don't like the taste. Fresh grated ginger in honey is nice.

FitnessMike

I ordered a small juicer and will be doing ginger shots with kiwis in the morning =)

I presume ginger juice will have the same benefits as dried? we need some ginger experts over here!

David PS

Be careful, the dose is the poison.

An interesting finding in her history was ginger powder consumption (1 teaspoonful) with honey (1 tablespoonful) for 10 nights. The thyroid function tests (TFT) revealed thyrotoxicosis.

The case of a 43-year-old man, with a complaint of urinary stream interruption, dysuria, and flank pain, following a non-prescribed use of ginger was reported. The symptoms were reported to persist for four years, despite some medical referrals. Remarkably, the symptoms were attested to be shrinking eight weeks after ginger-intake cessation; besides, no further intervention was asserted.

Last edited:

Makrosky

Be careful, the dose is the poison.

An interesting finding in her history was ginger powder consumption (1 teaspoonful) with honey (1 tablespoonful) for 10 nights. The thyroid function tests (TFT) revealed thyrotoxicosis.

The case of a 43-year-old man, with a complaint of urinary stream interruption, dysuria, and flank pain, following a non-prescribed use of ginger was reported. The symptoms were reported to persist for four years, despite some medical referrals. Remarkably, the symptoms were attested to be shrinking eight weeks after ginger-intake cessation; besides, no further intervention was asserted.
Very good reminder that everything in excess is harmful. Thanks!!

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Very good reminder that everything in excess is harmful. Thanks!!
That's why I prefer to just stick with the root itself in its whole form. It's much harder to OD that way.

FitnessMike

That's why I prefer to just stick with the root itself in its whole form. It's much harder to OD that way.
how much daily do you consume you recon?

Makrosky

Good point. These cases that David posted seem very rare though. Maybe the powder was contaminated, who knows. But yeah, good reminder.

TradClare

I love to eat candied ginger at the end of meals and buy it on subscription. I wonder how much would be too much. It's easy to eat several pieces, which would be the equivalent of a little section of ginger root.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom