Doxycycline impairs oxidative metabolism and causes eczema and bad skin

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Ever since I stopped doxy and supplemented heavily on VIT D+ K I had no eczema recurring once again. But it took a while.
I still have dry, flaky and itchy scalp sometimes (Mostly when I eat fried and heated fats).

I still have these random chest pains and stiffness (Which I found out got less severe If I add a bit of Sodium Bicarbonate to my mineral water before bed, or If I don't eat fats for a few days) - but no eczema.

Peaches

I'm not sure if this helps but I have been on a prescription of Doxycycline for a year now (started July 2020). It is a low dose of 50mg so might not be applicable to your experience. I have to take it for one month on, then off, then on again (when I first started I had to take for 3 months straight). The first month was very difficult because it really upset my stomach and caused diarrhoea. I have had eczema in the past but since getting on top of my antihistamine medication and being prescribed something that actually works it has been in control for the most part (every summer I might get a flare up or two). Fortunately for me, starting the Doxy didn't exacerbate the eczema in my experience. Also I have very little bowel issues now when taking the Doxy. I'm not sure if it is a time issue and maybe if one were to continue and persevere with it, it would become more tolerable? Although I do think the lower dose I take probably has a lot to do with it being tolerated better. Anyway, it seems you are doing better without it which is probably a good thing.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I'm not sure if this helps but I have been on a prescription of Doxycycline for a year now (started July 2020). It is a low dose of 50mg so might not be applicable to your experience. I have to take it for one month on, then off, then on again (when I first started I had to take for 3 months straight). The first month was very difficult because it really upset my stomach and caused diarrhoea. I have had eczema in the past but since getting on top of my antihistamine medication and being prescribed something that actually works it has been in control for the most part (every summer I might get a flare up or two). Fortunately for me, starting the Doxy didn't exacerbate the eczema in my experience. Also I have very little bowel issues now when taking the Doxy. I'm not sure if it is a time issue and maybe if one were to continue and persevere with it, it would become more tolerable? Although I do think the lower dose I take probably has a lot to do with it being tolerated better. Anyway, it seems you are doing better without it which is probably a good thing.
Yeah, funny thing is I've been using cynoplus [T4 + T3] and after 15th day I increased my dose to 2x a day 1/4 of a tablet and got the same symptoms as I had with doxycycline. As well as passing some blood from my stool.

I would say both just shocked my liver as my liver is probably not that strong and capable. :)

aniciete

Ever since I stopped doxy and supplemented heavily on VIT D+ K I had no eczema recurring once again. But it took a while.
I still have dry, flaky and itchy scalp sometimes (Mostly when I eat fried and heated fats).

I still have these random chest pains and stiffness (Which I found out got less severe If I add a bit of Sodium Bicarbonate to my mineral water before bed, or If I don't eat fats for a few days) - but no eczema.
Have you figured out the fried or heated fat thing? I have started cooking my goat milk and low and behold, my skin flared up with flakiness. I also have the same reaction as you when I consume magnesium bicarbonate and take vitamin d/k2.

Birdie

Just adding a little here:

I know of a group of people with Fibromyalgia who pulse doxycycline. I think they use a 50mg dose for that. I followed their blood for a few years and tried the protocol. Some of them reported significant improvements using doxy.

On skin problems, I remember Ray's saying he needed (still needs? I don't know.) lots of extra A to balance the vitamin D he was taking and only then did his skin improve.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Have you figured out the fried or heated fat thing? I have started cooking my goat milk and low and behold, my skin flared up with flakiness. I also have the same reaction as you when I consume magnesium bicarbonate and take vitamin d/k2.
I think it does something in the body which increase histamine and/or lead to some processes which activate mast cells.

I found out that when I use antihistamine - Dimenhydrinate - I have almost 0 flare ups even with heated fats. Not even that but all of my eczema goes into remission. I've been testing it for 2 weeks already and It's a clear as day to me.

Could be that we have overgrowth of some bacteria which eats away some oxidized fats (even saturated and minimally oxidized) which could also lead to higher histamine.

Or heated fats are metabolically more demanding and put even more strain to an already weak system.

Just adding a little here:

I know of a group of people with Fibromyalgia who pulse doxycycline. I think they use a 50mg dose for that. I followed their blood for a few years and tried the protocol. Some of them reported significant improvements using doxy.

On skin problems, I remember Ray's saying he needed (still needs? I don't know.) lots of extra A to balance the vitamin D he was taking and only then did his skin improve.
After listening to Matt Blackburn ranting about retinol there could be something there - I agree. Thanks for sharing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom