Did you notice the antimetabolic effect of carotene? from carots?

FitnessMike

yerrag

No, I couldn't tell by feel.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

yerrag

they do help big time in movements!
So that's how you sense it.

Maybe I can observe that with a longer QTc time in my ECG. How much carrots do you eat to sense it?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

So that's how you sense it.

Maybe I can observe that with a longer QTc time in my ECG. How much carrots do you eat to sense it?
nononon i mean it helps with bowel movements big time, and im concerned about carotene as im eating 3 big ones ;D

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

yerrag

nononon i mean it helps with bowel movements big time, and im concerned about carotene as im eating 3 big ones ;D
You're thinking carotene is anti metabolic, and how does this relate to bowel movements?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

You're thinking carotene is anti metabolic, and how does this relate to bowel movements?
its doesn't relate to bowel movements, carrot fiber is whats helps with bowel movements, and carotene is something im concerned...

mostlylurking

its doesn't relate to bowel movements, carrot fiber is whats helps with bowel movements, and carotene is something im concerned...
If you're sensitive to carotene then the carotene in raw carrots can be a problem. I solve it by shredding the carrots and soaking them in cool water for a few minutes; then drain and squeeze out the water with your hands. You'll be amazed how much oily orange carotene come out.

TheSir

I don’t think the carotene is absorbed if you are eating them raw
I've definitely gotten carotenoid tan by eating too many raw carrots. Taking cruciferous vegetables with carrots is helpful for avoiding overload.

Sascha6990

If you're sensitive to carotene then the carotene in raw carrots can be a problem. I solve it by shredding the carrots and soaking them in cool water for a few minutes; then drain and squeeze out the water with your hands. You'll be amazed how much oily orange carotene come out.
I do something similar (I rinse them under running water until it runs clear, then squeeze all the water) and I find the taste is much sweeter, the carotene seems to have a bitter taste. I noticed that the more surface exposed to water, the more carotene comes out, so that's why I shred the carrots as small as possible.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I've definitely gotten carotenoid tan by eating too many raw carrots. Taking cruciferous vegetables with carrots is helpful for avoiding overload.
noticed anything negative with metabolism? lower pulse etc?

Veritas IV

The answer to your concern is easy, you should have followed Ray's advice, too much of a good thing :D

Or you can compromise, back it down to two carrots, grate or slice and soak them for a few minutes.

And be sure to peel them first to reduce your daily phytic acid intake.

philalethes

No. But I don't eat a lot of carrots; I do eat a ton of sweet potato, though, which contains significantly more beta-carotene than carrots (at least in terms of weight, in terms of caloric content I believe carrots contain a bit more due to being lower in energy, especially if raw, but then the beta-carotene is likely also less bioavailable). From experience it has no adverse effects on my metabolism at all, and a lot of beneficial effects on my health. What does lead to immediately noticeable adverse effects on my health is preformed vitamin A (retinol/retinal), but not carotenoid equivalents whose uptake and conversion are properly regulated by the human body.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals