haidut

Forum Supporter
Many readers are likely familiar with the theories of Roger Penrose on the topics of consciousness and how it relates to physics and even cosmology. He is perhaps the most vocal proponent of "quantum consciousness" theories, including his own theory known as "orchestrated objective reduction". The topic of anesthetics and how they work has always been an intense work in progress and largely a mystery ever since the first anesthetics were discovered. It is known that the strength of an anesthetic is correlated with its solubility in (olive) oil. But how exactly anesthetics work has remained largely a mystery.

The study below shows that the potency of xenon, a known anesthetic, depends on its nuclear spin. Certain isotopes of xenon, specifically xenon-129 and xenon-131 are much weaker anesthetics than the rest of the xenon isotopes without spin. In fact, nuclear spin determines entirely how consciousness-enhancing a xenon isotope is. The isotope xenon-121, which has a nuclear spin of 1/2 was found to be the most consciousness-promoting (weakest anesthetic). In fact, the study suggests that other atoms with nuclear spin 1/2 can also be used to enhance the process of consciousness. For those interested in investigating more, here is a table of the chemical elements listing isotopes with nuclear spin, including ones with spin of 1/2.

NMR Frequency Table

According to the study author, this corroborates the idea that consciousness is of quantum origin and occurs as an entanglement effect in microtubules, considering nuclear spin is a quantum feature of atoms and determines their ability to form entanglement. Elements with spin of 1/2 are the most capable of forming quantum entanglement, which appears to be a crucial component of consciousness. Interestingly enough, the chemical pregnenolone is well-known stabilizer of microtubules and is known to counteract the anesthetic effects of various chemicals such as ethanol, benzodiazepines, opioids, etc as well as have beneficial effects in many disorders related to microtubule structure/dynamics.

Pregnenolone stabilizes microtubules and promotes zebrafish embryonic cell movement
Pregnenolone binds to microtubule-associated protein 2 and stimulates microtubule assembly. - PubMed - NCBI
Microtubule associated protein 2 in bipolar depression: Impact of pregnenolone - ScienceDirect
https://www.researchgate.net/public...promote_microtubule_growth_and_cell_migration
neurosteroid pregnenolone reverts microtubule derangement induced by the loss of a functional CDKL5-IQGAP1 complex

So, maybe pregnenolone IS one such nutrient capable of promoting consciousness. I will reach out to the author of the popular press article and inquire, but I doubt these effects of pregnenolone are just a coincidence. Peat also spoke of pregnenolone a few times as pro-consciousness and pro-intelligence nutrient. Coincidentally (or not), the (in)famous radio host Alex Jones sells pregnenolone as a supplement and calls it the "Red Pill" - i.e. the supplement that will open your eyes to the truth. No endorsement on my end of Mr. Jones and his views/wares, I just thought this is another great example of Synchronicity (Synchronicity - Wikipedia).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29642079

"...The relation between nuclear spin and quantum processes in electron clouds as defined by Meyer-Overton is unclear, and deserves further study, as does the role of nuclear spin in mental states in general. Our results suggest that the quantum property of nuclear spin in the monoatomic anesthetic xenon promotes conscious processes at the xenon site of action, consistent with theories proposing quantum mechanisms in consciousness."

https://anesthesiology.pubs.asahq.org/article.aspx?articleid=2682839

"...Anesthetic gases block consciousness selectively, sparing nonconscious brain activities, and thus their specific action could unravel the age-old mystery of how the brain generates, or mediates, consciousness. In this issue, Li et al.1 make a significant contribution to our understanding of both anesthesia and consciousness, showing that an isotope of the anesthetic xenon (129Xe) with the quantum property of nuclear spin 1/2 is significantly less potent than xenon isotopes without spin, despite identical chemical actions. Li et al. suggest that the xenon nuclear spin antagonizes its own anesthetic action by promoting consciousness, and that consciousness involves quantum brain processes, thus supporting a genre of theories known as “quantum consciousness.”

Quantum consciousness” theories suggest that entanglement, coherence, and quantum computing occur in the brain, offering potential solutions to challenges in cognitive neuroscience, e.g., the “binding problem.” In conscious vision, perceptual information for an object’s shape, color, motion, and meaning is processed at different times in different areas of visual cortex (V1, V2, V3, and so forth). Yet somehow, the disparate content is “bound together” in unified scenes, e.g., a red kite flapping in the wind. More generally, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and visual sensory modalities, along with memory and feelings, all apparently processed in different brain locations at different times, are also bound together, integrated, in unified conscious perceptions. (Indeed, Mashour2 has suggested “unbinding” as the key effect of anesthetic action.) Einstein’s “spooky action at a distance”—entanglement—may quite literally bind and integrate disparate brain content into unified conscious moments, like frames in a film or video. Sequences of such moments can give rise to our familiar stream of consciousness."

"...Anesthesia to the rescue! In the nineteenth century, gases with diverse chemical structures were found to reversibly render humans and animals immobile, unresponsive and unconscious. Seeking a unifying factor, Hans Meyer (1899) and Charles Overton (1901) discovered that anesthetic potency correlated strongly with gas solubility in a nonpolar, “hydrophobic” lipid-like medium akin to olive oil. Potency is quantified by the ED50 (effective dose producing immobilization in half the population), which, for volatile anesthetics, came to be known as the minimum alveolar concentration. The solubility binding involves weak quantum dipole couplings (van der Waals London forces6 ) between electron outer shells of anesthetic molecules, and, e.g., “π electron resonance” clouds of aromatic amino acid rings inside certain brain proteins.The Meyer-Overton correlation thus defines an intraprotein, olive oil–like medium that is “quantum-friendly,” nonpolar, hydrophobic (not “wet”), and potentially suitable for quantum information processing relevant to consciousness. As for “warm,” plant photosynthesis proteins use quantum coherence to transfer photon energy from sunlight through π resonance groups, facilitated by coherent mechanical vibrations, and thus are not “noisy” but rhythmic. Unlike olive oil, or bulk benzene (e.g., gasoline), π resonance electron clouds in protein interiors are arrayed at, or near, the van der Waals radius, conducive to quantum interactions (e.g., similar to the quantum material graphene).In which proteins do anesthetics act to erase consciousness? Membrane ion channels and/or receptors for γ-aminobutyric acid receptor type A, glutamate, acetylcholine, glycine, and serotonin were presumed targets, but evidence failed to support unitary anesthetic action,7 and some results point to cytoskeletal microtubules inside neurons.8 Polymers of the protein tubulin, microtubules have quantum resonance oscillations in terahertz, gigahertz, megahertz, and kilohertz frequency ranges,9 and are proposed to host quantum computing regulating neurons, controlling behavior and mediating consciousness.4 Computer simulations suggest anesthetic gases dampen (and nonanesthetic gases do not dampen) tubulin terahertz resonance (proportional to anesthetic potency).3 Other “quantum consciousness” theories involve membrane proteins, ordered water, lipids, or DNA.Nuclear spin 1/2 is far more stable than electron cloud dipole states, and Fisher10 has suggested that adenosine triphosphate hydrolysis can encode memory as geometric arrays of 31phosphorous nuclear spin 1/2. Now Li et al.1 suggest nuclear spin 1/2 antagonizes anesthetic potency by promoting factors supporting consciousness."

"...Quantum consciousness theories portray the brain as a multiscale hierarchy originating in quantum vibrational states at small, fast scales inside proteins in the neuronal membrane and/or cytoskeleton. These may amplify and resonate upward over many orders of magnitude (figs. 1 and 2). Rather than a computer, the brain may be more like an orchestra; rather than a computational output, consciousness may be more like music." The work by Li et al. also suggests various drugs, or supplements with nuclear spin 1/2, may enhance quantum brain vibrations and entanglement, possibly benefiting mental and cognitive states. The authors are to be congratulated for a significant breakthrough."

Fantastic.

And interesting tidbit about Alex Jones Red Pill, LOL.

Do you think that stuff interferes with cholesterol conversion into pregnenolone in the body?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Fantastic.

And interesting tidbit about Alex Jones Red Pill, LOL.

Do you think that stuff interferes with cholesterol conversion into pregnenolone in the body?

Which stuff interferes with conversion? Anesthetics?

Which stuff interferes with conversion? Anesthetics?

I'm sorry for the lack of clarity. I mean are there substances that can induce metabolic problems that make it difficult for body to make enough pregnenolone and subsequent downstream hormones.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm sorry for the lack of clarity. I mean are there substances that can induce metabolic problems that make it difficult for body to make enough pregnenolone and subsequent downstream hormones.

Oh yeah, tons of them. Pretty much all of the so-called endocrine disruptors and especially BPA, BPS, etc can do that. High alcohol intake is also a great steroidogenic inhibitor, and simply being in a reductive stress (low NAD/NADH ratio) inhibits the entire steroidogenic cascade. PUFA is a another great endocrine disruptor, most pesticides and fluorine/chlorine containing chemicals in the food supply and household use are also quite potent. I am sure the list is quite extensive but those are some of the most prominent ones IMO.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Exemestane

Not sure about that. Exemestane has been shown to elevate DHEA, T, and DHT and that cannot happen if it was inhibiting the steroidogenic cascade. In higher doses, where it begins to act mostly as an androgen (6-methylene-boldenone) it may do that but even at the clinically used (and unnecessarily high) dose of 25mg daily that does not seem to happen.

Last edited:

olive

Not sure about that. Exemestane has been shown to elevate DHEA, T, and DHT and that cannot happen if it was inhibiting the steroidogenic cascade. In higher doses, where it begins to act mostly as an androgen (6-methylene-boldenone) it may do that but even at the clinically use (and highly unnecessary) dose of 25mg daily that does not seem to happen.
In hindsight you may be right, I was considering it’s effects via the boldenone metabolite you mentioned above but was not accounting for dosage. Such small doses of androgens don’t tend to cause suppression.

Oh yeah, tons of them. Pretty much all of the so-called endocrine disruptors and especially BPA, BPS, etc can do that. High alcohol intake is also a great steroidogenic inhibitor, and simply being in a reductive stress (low NAD/NADH ratio) inhibits the entire steroidogenic cascade. PUFA is a another great endocrine disruptor, most pesticides and fluorine/chlorine containing chemicals in the food supply and household use are also quite potent. I am sure the list is quite extensive but those are some of the most prominent ones IMO.

thank you - this is very helpful.

Hugh Johnson

The psychiatrist and later spiritual teacher David R Hawkings had a famous and extremely successful clinic in which he used vitamins to cure severe mental problems. His collegues were hostile from the start and he was preveted from publishing his results. He wrote a book with Linus Pauling about it. Vitamins, as haidut has often noted, seem to be one of the keys to conciousness.

https://www.amazon.ca/Orthomolecular-Psychiatry-Schizophrenia-David-Hawkins/dp/0716708981

Koveras

It is known that the strength of an anesthetic is correlated with its solubility in (olive) oil. But how exactly anesthetics work has remained largely a mystery.

Maybe not a coincidence that the consciousness promoting substances pregnenolone (especially) and progesterone are some of the less soluble?

Lilac

Quantum consciousness” theories suggest that entanglement, coherence, and quantum computing occur in the brain, offering potential solutions to challenges in cognitive neuroscience, e.g., the “binding problem.” In conscious vision, perceptual information for an object’s shape, color, motion, and meaning is processed at different times in different areas of visual cortex (V1, V2, V3, and so forth). Yet somehow, the disparate content is “bound together” in unified scenes, e.g., a red kite flapping in the wind. More generally, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and visual sensory modalities, along with memory and feelings, all apparently processed in different brain locations at different times, are also bound together, integrated, in unified conscious perceptions. (Indeed, Mashour2 has suggested “unbinding” as the key effect of anesthetic action.) Einstein’s “spooky action at a distance”—entanglement—may quite literally bind and integrate disparate brain content into unified conscious moments, like frames in a film or video. Sequences of such moments can give rise to our familiar stream of consciousness."

This sounds to me like Ray's picture of Blake and his extraordinary perception.

Great post! Lots of ideas I have never even heard of. Thank you.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Maybe not a coincidence that the consciousness promoting substances pregnenolone (especially) and progesterone are some of the less soluble?

May very well be. Also, it may not be a far fetched claim that fats in general inhibit consciousness and this may be another reason Peat argues against being on fat oxidation mode. I sent him the study so let's see what he has to say.

Terma

Maybe consciousness is at odds with creativity, and increasing consciousness allows one to live in the moment in better awareness, but decreasing it allows the brain's quantum prediction engine to focus on future possibilities (and conceptualization of the world)? It's analogous to collapsing a wave function that you're examining. Also analogous to how pregnenolone is antagonistic to and induced by THC (progesterone is something else). I'm sure someone must have thought of this before but I'm not read. Otherwise man I have some nuclear ***t to make sense of.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Maybe consciousness is at odds with creativity

How can this be? It implies that being lower in the scale of consciousness (sedated/comatose) makes you more creative, but I'd say the exact opposite is true. You may have meant that creativity (associated with the so-called first signal system in Pavlov's theory) is at odds with with analytical reasoning / verboseness (second signal system). That I would certainly agree with.

Terma

How can this be? It implies that being lower in the scale of consciousness (sedated/comatose) makes you more creative, but I'd say the exact opposite is true. You may have meant that creativity (associated with the so-called first signal system in Pavlov's theory) is at odds with with analytical reasoning / verboseness (second signal system). That I would certainly agree with.

I think there are 2 different forms of creativity and we are each referring to the other. The first is a fully conscious, controlled form of creation through will, and sheer will (R.I.P. Richard Attenborough), and this is what you have in mind. Or rather, a limited form of creativity where you still have tons of all the neurotransmitters and stress signals running around throttling your engine, or something. Attached to that, or a version of that, is creation under stress (5-HT2a), and I hope that's not the only form for that.

But I experience a different form of creativity now. My brain is generating or even reading all the possibilities and music on its own with no effort on my part. I simply read the paper the printer prints out. It's like reading the score sheet of the universe. It happens on its own because the engine just runs by itself if you give it boundless energy (ketones + sugar + ribose + all supporting nutrients) and eliminate all stress signals that impede it normally (high dose THC is a strong retrograde neurotransmitter, it stops everything, and the others I use contribute, and then you accentuate the neurotransmitters you want with additional substances and fuel the quantum engine with ketones and it just runs by itself - it's the Generator (Bad Religion)).

Even if they used the same engine, one form is consciously controlled while the other is closer to a dissolution of self and riding a sea of waves. You could even maybe see it as a spectrum of control, or a sort of throttle or gear shift for the quantum engine, but I'm not sure about that.

I've done both. I wrote music for years through dopamine and sheer will, and it's a slow and ultimately exhausting process - because you run out of fun (energy abundance and creativity). But now I can write 2 albums worth of choruses in one night with zero effort after barely sleeping for 3 months. The only problem is memory. Memory is a b****. That's why I have to write everything.

I think the thing I wanted you to do I actually did it :), just sooner than I thought. It's 100% reproducible for me and it's changing my life right now.

lampofred

Maybe consciousness is at odds with creativity, and increasing consciousness allows one to live in the moment in better awareness, but decreasing it allows the brain's quantum prediction engine to focus on future possibilities (and conceptualization of the world)? It's analogous to collapsing a wave function that you're examining. Also analogous to how pregnenolone is antagonistic to and induced by THC (progesterone is something else). I'm sure someone must have thought of this before but I'm not read. Otherwise man I have some nuclear ***t to make sense of.

I agree. But I think there are two ways to decrease awareness, the first is via high serotonin/prolactin, which is a death-like lowering of consciousness, and the second is via high CO2/low lactic acid, which is the "effortless energy" you speak of. What are the things that helped you get into that second state? I've been trying for years.

Terma

I literally littered Travis's thread with it, I don't know how you can miss it lol

lampofred

Oh thanks, I've never clicked on that thread. Will read through your posts on it now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom