Concussion And Thiamine Deficiency

Texon

Please let us know how that goes.
@haidut @Sheila @LeeLemonoil
Finding increasing issues with over-methylation due to methyl b12 over use, plus I just saw a Chris Masterjohn video where he says that biotin has the ability to make folate accessible by the body, so those with methyl folate sensitivity can rest easy. Maybe a bit off topic but here is the most comprehensive list of cyp450 inducers and inhibitors I have ever seen fwiw. Unfortunately niacinamide is not on the list.

List of cytochrome P450 modulators - Wikipedia

Texon

As far as I remember, niacin did not have these effects. I will post the niacinamide studies tomorrow or early next week. The studies were quite impressive, showing that niacinamide was even more potent than phenobarbital, which is the most potent known inducer of CYP450. Hans Selye noted phenobarbital and pregnenolone-16-carbonitrile were the most potent "catatoxic" chemicals he ever experimented with.
Phenobarbital - Wikipedia
"...Phenobarbital is a cytochrome P450 inducer, and is used to reduce the toxicity of some drugs."
"...Phenobarbital is a cytochrome P450 hepatic enzyme inducer. It binds transcription factor receptors that activate cytochrome P450 transcription, thereby increasing its amount and thus its activity. Due to this higher amount of CYP450, drugs that are metabolized by the CYP450 enzyme system will have decreased effectiveness. This is because the increased CYP450 activity increases the clearance of the drug, reducing the amount of time they have to work.[30] Caution is to be used with children. Among anticonvulsant drugs, behavioural disturbances occur most frequently with clonazepam and phenobarbital.[31]"
Protection by catatoxic steroids, phenobarbital and diphenylhydantoin against methaqualone intoxication. - PubMed - NCBI
So in theory niacinamide could be useful to process caffeine more quickly?

haidut

Forum Supporter
So in theory niacinamide could be useful to process caffeine more quickly?

Absolutely, and not just caffeine but any toxin/xenobiotic.

Waynish

My Thiamine HCL has gone bad (based on smell - pure powder from health natura)... Anyone else?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals