Cold And Flu Virus

Zpol

I have a recollection of somebody posting about a specific IdeaLabs supplement that significantly helped them with fighting upper respiratory viruses. I can't find the post anymore. Does anyone know which supplement would have the biggest impact in this regard? Or perhaps another supplement or routine?

I have tried Jenn's Volcano recipe but I must not be doing early enough in the progression of the virus. I'm going to keep doing once a day anyway.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

I can't say for sure that particular brand worked. I used them and didn't get sick but I can't say I was really exposed to any virus during that time.

I ended up getting another one that Masterjohn suggested right before cold and flu season got really intense around here, which was right before Christmas.
Life Extension Enhanced Zinc Vegetarian Lozenges
These I can say with 100% confidence that they work. I've been around my boyfriend, my mom, and several co-workers who were sick, and even spent a morning surrounded by coughing sick people in an Urgent Care Clinic and never got the full blown virus. All these people were coughing and sneezing constantly. My boyfriend and I both spent a sleepless night feeling sick with itchy throat and ears, I immediately started with the Life Extension lozenges, I took them every few hours, my cold virus never got worse and I felt perfectly fine the next day. My boyfriend, however, did not take them, and got sicker and sicker, coughing sneezing, runny nose, he was miserable (so bad I had to take him to urgent care). Same with my Mom and co-workers. I also had my Dad start taking them as soon I heard that my Mom was sick, he also never got the virus. Also, both my parents just traveled by plane to Hawaii, last time they did this during cold/flu season they were both woke up with viruses the next day. This time they took the lozenges while on the plane and did not get sick.
I realize these are all anecdotal stories but the mechanism of action is known and Masterjohn explains it very well. The key is to take them immediately when you feel the virus and take every few hours till the symptoms are gone. I continued to take them for a couple days after just to be safe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals