Coffee Is Good For You—unless It’s Not!

milk_lover

Coffee all the way!! :happy::smack:handpointleft:chris kresser
lol yeah I remember from my paleo days he was so anti-coffee. I think because of his low sugar diet, he doesn't get the most benefits from coffee. But I also remember he is ok with milk but only if it's full-fat milk :)

Kate

lol yeah I remember from my paleo days he was so anti-coffee. I think because of his low sugar diet, he doesn't get the most benefits from coffee. But I also remember he is ok with milk but only if it's full-fat milk :)

drink coffee without sugar is wrong on so many levels,
LONG LIVE MILK, SUGAR AND COFFEE!!!!!!!!! (... someone had too much apparently)

encerent

drink coffee without sugar is wrong on so many levels,
LONG LIVE MILK, SUGAR AND COFFEE!!!!!!!!! (... someone had too much apparently)

I can't tolerate milk. What do I put in my coffee???

Kate

I can't tolerate milk. What do I put in my coffee???

ehhhh... wat not even a little bit in your coffee!!

Is that a lactose intolerance? or do you just react to some milk. (in some cases it could be added vitamins that make people react)
It could also have to do with what kind of milk organic, grass fed etc, some people are better with certain types.

"Besides the idea of milk allergy, the most common reason for avoiding milk is the belief that the genes of some ethnic groups cause them to lack the enzyme, lactase, needed to digest milk sugar, lactose, and that this causes lactose intolerance, resulting in gas or diarrhea when milk is consumed. Tests have been reported in which a glass of milk will cause the lactase deficient people to have abdominal pain. However, when intolerant people have been tested, using milk without lactose for comparison, there were no differences between those receiving milk with lactose or without it. The “intolerant” people consistently tolerate having a glass with each meal.

When a group of lactase deficient people have been given some milk every day for a few weeks, they have adapted, for example with tests showing that much less hydrogen gas was produced from lactose by intestinal bacteria after they had adapted (Pribila, et al., 2000)."
Ray's article: Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths

Another post here: "Ray Peat suggested to me to try goat milk since I was reacting badly to cow milk." I don't know, but it may be worth checking out?

Last edited:

LadyRae

I find it interesting that children are repulsed by coffee while adults would opt to bath in it. Perhaps it is a substance only loved if one is hypothyroid.
My kids (girls- 8, 10, 14 & 17) LOVE coffee, with plenty of sweet coconut creamer. No noticeable behavior effects either...

Fexxx

Your kids will love nicotine, too…

Why do you give your kids caffeine? It’s just one addiction more in their life and kids should not need that stuff.

LadyRae

Your kids will love nicotine, too…

Why do you give your kids caffeine? It’s just one addiction more in their life and kids should not need that stuff.
Haha! You're funny! They have a cup of coffee once or twice a month. Obviously you have a lot of issues...sorry to hear that...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals