"Breastfeeding" Not Natural

lindsay

Well that is absolutely ridiculous! However, I have often wondered of the "healthiness" of women who are obese and/or hypothyroid breast-feeding..... specifically if their adipose tissue is predominantly unsaturated. But then I guess almost nobody would be breast-feeding. I just don't understand why someone opt for goats' milk over formula if they choose not to breast-feed. I have trouble holding my tongue when I see Soy formula. Goodness.

OP
honeybee

honeybee

Well that is absolutely ridiculous! However, I have often wondered of the "healthiness" of women who are obese and/or hypothyroid breast-feeding..... specifically if their adipose tissue is predominantly unsaturated. But then I guess almost nobody would be breast-feeding. I just don't understand why someone opt for goats' milk over formula if they choose not to breast-feed. I have trouble holding my tongue when I see Soy formula. Goodness.
Yeah until there is a better replacement then breast milk is the best bet for babies Imo. It will never be perfect because humans aren't perfect but to call it unnatural just goes to show how far removed medial research is from the human condition. I mean-wth?$&# probably a buck to be made somewhere in the roots of this article.

I too worry about soy products (among other addititives) in baby /kids food. I spoke up about it regarding my niece's 4 yo. I also try to feed her as peaty as I can when she's with me. Funny thing she loves all peaty food that's I've introduced her to -oj, milk, chocky milk, fruits,etc...

MommaBear

After 7 kids and almost always losing my milk around 4 months. ... finally the gal at WIC told me that low thyroid dries up your milk production! So by taking thyroid when I started crashing btwn the typical 4 - 6 mos postpartum has kept me able to breastfeed going on 2.5 years now. Even my midwives did not inform me of this little tidbit.

I just wanted to share for those interested :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals